PDA

View Full Version : Barbarian help

Atalas
2017-11-03, 04:39 PM
Building a warforged Barbarian. Campaign is based on World of WarCraft, character is a servant of Odyn.

Stats

STR: 16
DEX: 14
CON: 14
INT: 10
WIS: 10
CHA: 10

Level 5, point buy, still have the ASI I have not yet decided, and we are given one feat to start with. Using a re-flavoring of the Urthgardt Tribe Member for background. Intimidation, Survival, Perception, Athletics for skills. Jusrt not sure of the free feat or what archetype. Berserker, Path of the Storm Herald (Sea options) from a UA, or Path of the Zealot from the same UA are what I'm looking at. Each have their pluses and minuses. Which Archetype I take will likely determine my feat, too. Either Great Weapon Fighting, or Reslient (DEX) and keep my DEX at 14 but pump my WIS or CHA to 12.

The game takes place during/after the Legion expansion. My character is a prototype made by Mimiron, who has been offline for an unknown amount of time, and upon waking has no idea what anything is. As he exits where he was stored, he comes across a battle between some inhabitants of Azeroth and the Burning Legion, and jumps into the battle and starts killing things. This garners Odyn's attention who brings him to his Hall and makes him one of his representatives.

So, any idea's, suggestions?

bid
2017-11-03, 04:48 PM
Str18 and GWM is the best bet.
Don't take resilient(Dex) because you need resilient(Wis) later on.
You could Int8/Wis12 or dump Cha instead.

Zealot and Storm are a better fit with Odyn.
You might prefer PAM for RP reasons.

GlenSmash!
2017-11-03, 05:35 PM
bid's advice is solid.

Prioritize Wisdom over Int or Cha. Failing Wis saves on a Barb is bad. Getting resilient Wisdom or the Lucky feat can help out with that a lot.

I think Zealot is a perfect fit for Odyn. It literally has the flavor of being pulled back form death, and can easily be described as Valkyries.

Chugger
2017-11-03, 05:58 PM
Are you a semi-sentient Harvester (you said WoW themed)? I think that would rock.

Atalas
2017-11-03, 06:00 PM
Titan-forged, so fully sentient. made by Mimiron and just kinda... lost, somehow.

Specter
2017-11-04, 07:15 AM
It's hard to go wrong with 18STR and GWM, but things like Polearm Master, Resilient WIS and even Tough are also great feat choices.