PDA

View Full Version : Hinjo?

Horned
2007-08-17, 01:32 PM
So... is Hinjo officially a member of the OoTS now?

Spiryt
2007-08-17, 01:44 PM
I think not.

Why do you think that he is?

EDIT: Yes, there is no more dungeon crawl, so everything is more and more blured, but still the Order of the Stick - the same six people. Even if one is dead currently.

Yoritomo Himeko
2007-08-17, 01:51 PM
So... is Hinjo officially a member of the OoTS now?

I really hope not. He's completely useless and I want my Roy back.

2007-08-17, 01:52 PM
In Paladin Blues, the Giant makes it clear that the OOTS is:

:durkon: :elan: :haley: :roy: :vaarsuvius: :belkar:

And no one else.

Tirian
2007-08-17, 01:54 PM
No, he is not. Thankfully, he seems to have realized that he is the leader of the refugees of Azure City, and that his obligation is to secure their safety rather than adventuring for the sake of all of creation.

Ithekro
2007-08-17, 01:56 PM
Hinjo's Junk: leading a rag-tag fugitive fleet on a lonely quest....

Roderick_BR
2007-08-17, 02:30 PM
In Paladin Blues, the Giant makes it clear that the OOTS is:

:durkon: :elan: :haley: :roy: :vaarsuvius: :belkar:

And no one else.
Funny. Did you notice that Roy is the only one looking to the left? Maybe because he feels that he needs to keep an eye on the group all the time?

:durkon: :elan: :haley: :vaarsuvius: :belkar: :roy:

ag30476
2007-08-17, 03:44 PM
Funny. Did you notice that Roy is the only one looking to the left? Maybe because he feels that he needs to keep an eye on the group all the time?

:durkon: :elan: :haley: :vaarsuvius: :belkar: :roy:

Shouldn't that be :belkar: :vaarsuvius: :durkon: :haley: :elan: :roy:

Yeril
2007-08-17, 05:03 PM
In order of smile-age!

:roy: :durkon: :vaarsuvius: :haley: :elan: :belkar: :mitd:

Sajek
2007-08-17, 05:19 PM
Actually, never mind, for some reason the picture didn't load...

Charles Phipps
2007-08-17, 11:27 PM
Yes, absolutely.

He's the newest member and I'm glad he's going to save the world. It's more important than his role as leader of the refugees.

I hope that he appoints someone else ruler so he can be a permanent adventurer.

Oberon
2007-08-18, 12:37 AM
Yes, absolutely.

He's the newest member and I'm glad he's going to save the world. It's more important than his role as leader of the refugees.

I hope that he appoints someone else ruler so he can be a permanent adventurer.

Umm... just out of curiosity, is that your opinion or are you just trying to be contrary? I can't tell.

I don't think anyone new can be a member of the OOTS until the leader of the OOTs says so. Since the leader is dead and the second-in-command is not around, then Hinjo could not be admitted, even if he meant to.

Kreistor
2007-08-18, 12:42 AM
Absolutely not. Hinjo has a city to restore. The OotS has gates to protect. Their paths diverge soon.

Felixaar
2007-08-18, 06:39 AM
No. No, he isn't.

Surfing HalfOrc
2007-08-18, 07:55 AM
Well, to toss in the obligitory "Star Wars" reference, I've come to the conclusion Hinjo is quite similar to Lando.

With the loss of Azure City being sort of equal to the loss of Cloud City, Hinjo may have to completely retreat, and join "Our Heroes" for the final battle at the end.

There have been comparisons between OotS and Star Wars before, but I think both go back to Joseph Camblell's Hero with a Thousand Faces. Roy seems to be at "The Belly of the Whale" stage of the adventure, and (so far) we haven't seen anything of the afterlife. I'm wondering if that will be the next story arc, once Haley finds a bolt-hole to hide in until she can reunite with the other half of the team.

As has been said before, this is a suprisingly deep story, especialy done up with stick figures.

Kreistor
2007-08-18, 09:15 AM
Oh, heh, one other problem... Hinjo is Sapphire Guard. He is duty bound not to interfere with the other gates. That his own went poof does not change the nature of that agreement.

PaladinFreak
2007-08-18, 09:18 AM
No, he is not. Actually, I like Hinjo, and wouldn't mind seeing him join, but I really really don't think that is is going to happen. There is currently way to much divergence in goals between the OotS and Hinjo.

Yoritomo Himeko
2007-08-18, 11:03 AM
No, he is not. Actually, I like Hinjo, and wouldn't mind seeing him join, but I really really don't think that is is going to happen. There is currently way to much divergence in goals between the OotS and Hinjo.

The way I see it is that seven members would be a bit much. Six was perfect because everyone had someone else to play off of. He'd just be the odd man out.

And as I've said before, I don't know what role he would fill. He really isn't good at anything. He can't fight, and they already have enough funny guys, straight guys, and leaders. And he doesn't know anymore about either the gates, the world, or Team Evil to help them out.

Roy is the leader.
Belkar is the muscle.
V is the arcane spellcaster.
Durkon is the devine spellcaster.
Haley is the voice of reason
Elan is the comic relief and lovable goof.

While I can see him as a recurring ally, even up to the final battle, I just don't see him being a permanent part of the OOTS.

NihhusHuotAliro
2014-03-14, 03:56 PM
Sadly, Hinjo never joined the OOTS.

Cizak
2014-03-14, 04:51 PM
Oh, heh, one other problem... Hinjo is Sapphire Guard. He is duty bound not to interfere with the other gates. That his own went poof does not change the nature of that agreement.

Actually, that's exactly what it did. (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0671.html)

hamishspence
2014-03-14, 04:57 PM
The terms Serini outlined didn't actually say "If your own gate is destroyed you may now interfere with the other gates"

http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0277.html

however, that may only apply to Soon specifically - with him having made the Sapphire Guard swear a slightly different oath - only binding as long as their own gate exists.

NerdyKris
2014-03-14, 05:00 PM
{Scrubbed}

Roland St. Jude
2014-03-14, 05:16 PM
Sheriff: Thread necromancy is disfavored on this forum. As is vigilante modding.