PDA

View Full Version : Belmont Type Class

Mackatrin
2017-11-03, 10:18 PM
So I'm looking to make a homebrew class, that specializes in killing demons, undead and the sorts. As I typically always run that in my campaigns.

I was thinking about a ranger without spells and afew fighter things, from there. As next to a few items, Belmont's don't have spells or magic.

Archetypes are what I'm abit eh about, idk what to do.

Wanted to get expert opinions from the playground as typically, I would just save this as a prestige class.

Digitalfruitz
2017-11-03, 11:26 PM
Personally I would choose to play a spell-less Ranger. You’re first favored enemy should either be undead or monstrous humanoid, then for your second one pick outsider (evil). Also I’d forgo the animal companion to instead grant my bonus to my party members. I’d probably end up multi classing into fighter to grab some good combat feats to make the whip more viable.

demonslayerelf
2017-11-04, 12:54 AM
Actually, there was the Gothic Heroes UA that came out a while back. They had the Monster Hunter Fighter Subclass, that might just be what you're looking for.
Maybe.

You might also be looking for the Monster Hunter that will be in Xanathar, which is a Ranger... I dunno, it's not out yet.