PDA

View Full Version : Cleansing Fiendish Grafts: Can it be Done?

Getsugaru
2017-11-03, 11:40 PM
So I was looking over grafts again, and rediscovered the Fast Leg graft. Get one and your movement increases 10 feet (get two and it increases 20 ft, as the bonus is untyped!) as well as a couple competence bonuses. I love that, especially for the monetary price. What I don't love is the side-effects. Fiendish grafts inflict a rather annoying penalty to social checks when the other party isn't evil, and if the graftee is Good-aligned, they risk losing Wisdom every day. And it's not like you can remove the graft and reattach your previous limb, and regenerate isn't exactly cheap in the earlier levels. But this got me thinking, what about cleansing the graft?

What I mean is that there are rules (I think in Book of Exalted Deeds, but I could be wrong) for taking evil items and artifacts and cleansing them of their evil, purifying them. Grafts are technically items until they are attached. Would it be reasonable to try and remove the side-effects from a graft, and if not by whatever rules I'm half-remembering, then how would one do it?

DrKerosene
2017-11-04, 06:21 AM
I know Sanctify the Wicked makes evil beings good, or a 5th level Evangelist may work, but that would probably only work on Symbionts.

I mean, even if a Good Demon was going to graft fiendish flesh to you, you'd still need a Good Demon Donor to try to argue the point.

I would just play a Hellbred PC if the DM won't allow goodified grafts.