PDA

View Full Version : Lich and Magic Jar Type Abilities

kalos72
2017-11-04, 01:24 PM
In my campaign, mostly mix of 3-4-5E stuff open to most ideas, we have a thousands of years old lich archmage type that I am trying to RP as the father to one of the groups NPC's.

This lich has been documented for hundreds of years as a lich so the question is, how would I lich father a child?

Both magic and psionics are at play here so the thought was that the lich, having fallen deeply in love with this human female, magic jar'd a male human and pursued the relationship to consummation at very least probably much more like a life together, family/house and the like. Till it goes sideways, driving the lich to become a sponsor for the group against the evil cult. :)

Would a simple magic jar work or are there other more devious/RP creative ways to do it? I am open to anything logical, from any source really.

Holya
2017-11-04, 01:52 PM
How devious are you wanting to get.. Because if ALL pisonics are on the table.. Well.. Ice assassin a humanoid male or any male creature you want. Then fuse with it with the fussion spell. But make sure you ordered it to give you complete control.. Now Genisis seed or how ever you spell the name for that spell.. Maybe its astral seed? Well basically the spell creates you a 'save' point of your current body.. Now kill yourself.. It would technically work with a Lich giving you 'living' body with all of the undead immunities but also all the abilities of the creature you fused with since the new body is the body of the fusion but with your mind.

Thus with this method you could be a 'living' lich. But again it gets into some.. unclear territory on how that spell and a lich's soul anchor interacts.

kalos72
2017-11-04, 03:32 PM
Wow. :)

We dont really care about keeping the Lich characteristics but just want to make it feasible for him to father the NPC. Fusion works by itself maybe, similar to magic jar?

We would want to be able to reverse the change as well maybe, so that when things go sideways he can get down with his lichdom and wreck some stuff. :P

Holya
2017-11-05, 03:05 AM
Oh thats the fun part. He kept his lichdom! So when he dies since his soul in a form 'updated' to a new body his soul anchor would create his new body. Not the one he had when he made it. That is where it gets into the weird territory since that spell and lichdom never actually had a writen out interaction or anything. So it ends up in DM flat territory. But depending on how they rule it. You either have reclaimed your soul and the anchor is now empty. The other is it updates what the body template recreated by the anchor is. The last is that you lose the bonuses of the fusion. Which means you would want to redo it again and do it a few more dozen times till you got all the things you want. Then you just break and recreate your anchor or 'evolve' into a different class of lich to be even better and cause even more confusion.

rferries
2017-11-05, 05:49 AM
Liches can use polymorph effects on themselves - I'd rule that shapechange (and even polymorph) would allow an undead creature to procreate whilst they were in a living form.