PDA

View Full Version : Bloodline Question

ATHATH
2017-11-04, 06:16 PM
Can a character with a single level of Cleric and 3 bloodline levels qualify for the Initiate of Amaunator feat (without taking levels in Paladin, of course). I'm considering making a semi-divine pyromancer build, and being able to spontaneously cast any [fire] spell on my spell list would be really nice for it.

Necroticplague
2017-11-04, 06:33 PM
Can a character with a single level of Cleric and 3 bloodline levels qualify for the Initiate of Amaunator feat (without taking levels in Paladin, of course). I'm considering making a semi-divine pyromancer build, and being able to spontaneously cast any [fire] spell on my spell list would be really nice for it.

Nope.

Include the character's bloodline level when calculating any character ability based on his class levels (such as caster level for spellcasting characters, or save DCs for characters with special abilities whose DCs are based on class level). The character doesn't gain any abilities, spells known, or spells per day from the addition of his bloodline levels, though—only the calculations of his level-based abilities are affected.
It only counts as a class level for calculating abilities. Qualifying for something isn't an ability, so it's not affected.

ATHATH
2017-11-04, 07:59 PM
Nope.

It only counts as a class level for calculating abilities. Qualifying for something isn't an ability, so it's not affected.
!@#$.

I don't suppose that "the ability to qualify for the feat" counts as an ability? Probably not, but it's worth at least asking.

Sigh...