PDA

View Full Version : Plotline ideas - Plot line seeking gpa's Holy Avenger - and gpa is a Death Knight

buckyodie
2017-11-04, 07:49 PM
Looking for an idea of how to play out the following scenario: Campaign is set in Forgotten Realms:Aglarond, one of the party members is a Paladin of Torm. His current adventure is that he's taken on the task of find his assumed dead grandfather's Holy Avenger sword, a family relic. Here's the twist, his grandfather fell from grace at the end of his career and came back as a Death Knight. His DK grandfather would be based out of Delhumide in Thay, and i'm thinking that he'd be enthralled or commanded by a higher level Necromancer in Thay. so, I'm just looking for ideas on how I can leave clues for the player's paladin to direct him to Delhumide and maybe ideas on how to do a big reveal. And the grandfather fell from grace by committing adultery with another member of his adventuring party (a half-elf bard). this resulted in a pregnancy, and the Paladin has actually met the son and the mom. Paladin went on a quest to redeem himself, but got pulled into the "dark side" as it may be.

I'm assuming the Paladin would want to try redeeming grandpa also, eventually.