PDA

View Full Version : Mounts for a windrider?

P3nguini
2017-11-05, 02:35 AM
What are the possible mounts for a windrider? Are there specific mounts that are unobtainable? For instance could i have a Chimera as a mount? how do i treat the mount and level it? Or how about a barghest? Or do i pick it from the standard mounts? Any and all help would be greatly appreciated :)

DeTess
2017-11-05, 02:49 AM
Reading the class, it seems like anything that's a mount is fair game. Looking at the handle animal DC's fort raining mounts table it suggests that any beasts and any creature with int 2 or lower is fair game. This second clause rules out taming a Barghest (int 14) or a Chimera (int 4).

This, however, is a classic case of 'ask your GM'.

Darrin
2017-11-05, 05:26 AM
Any mount you have previously ridden can be designated a Chosen mount, so long as it is not a "bonded companion". This includes intelligent mounts, so long as you follow the rules in the DMG (p. 205) for negotiating with intelligent mounts. It's a very open-ended ability.

DeTess
2017-11-05, 06:57 AM
Any mount you have previously ridden can be designated a Chosen mount, so long as it is not a "bonded companion". This includes intelligent mounts, so long as you follow the rules in the DMG (p. 205) for negotiating with intelligent mounts. It's a very open-ended ability.

To slightly correct this, it can not be a bonded companion to anyone else. using your own paladin mount if you're a paladin is fine (as would using your own familiar if you're fine).