PDA

View Full Version : Warlock Pact of the Blade Question

Aldarin
2017-11-05, 11:49 AM
Hello friendly people of Giant in the Playground! I’ve got a really dumb question about the Blade Pact Warlock—is there an invocation or other ability that allows warlocks to use their charisma modifier for attack and damage with their Pact weapon? For some reason I thought that there was, but I can’t find anything on it. Am I crazy or correct?
Thanks!

Quoxis
2017-11-05, 12:01 PM
In official books, there isn't. There's just the following:

Phb 111:
LIFEDRINKER
Prerequisite: 12th level, Pact of the Blade feature
When you hit a creature with your pact weapon, the creature takes extra necrotic damage equal to your Charisma modifier.

Maybe in unearthed arcana?

Edit: checked the "warlock & wizard" ua, nothing in there.

Aldarin
2017-11-05, 12:04 PM
In official books, there isn't. There's just the following:

Phb 111:
LIFEDRINKER
Prerequisite: 12th level, Pact of the Blade feature
When you hit a creature with your pact weapon, the creature takes extra necrotic damage equal to your Charisma modifier.

Maybe in unearthed arcana?

Maybe. Thanks for your thoughts!

LeonBH
2017-11-05, 12:07 PM
There is no invocation for that.

There is a Patron, the Hexblade. It lets you use Charisma instead of Strength or Dexterity when wielding a weapon that lacks the two-handed property.

JerryNYG
2017-11-05, 12:07 PM
Selecting the Hexblade Patron gives you Hex Warrior which does this. This was only in Unearthed Arcana so far.

Aldarin
2017-11-05, 12:48 PM
There is no invocation for that.

There is a Patron, the Hexblade. It lets you use Charisma instead of Strength or Dexterity when wielding a weapon that lacks the two-handed property.

That’s just what I was thinking of! Thanks!

DracoKnight
2017-11-05, 02:09 PM
The Hexblade is in the upcoming book, Xanathar’s Guide to Everything, which comes out on Nov. 21st.

Naanomi
2017-11-05, 02:38 PM
If you get Shillelagh as a Bard (or Tomelock) you can also use a club or quarterstaff with Charisma