PDA

View Full Version : New Game Plus [IC]

JNAProductions
2017-11-05, 01:45 PM
Havenport. A large, bustling coastal city, full of wide-eyed tourists and savvy locals.

Also home to you four. You're currently meeting (where is up to you) and discussing your plans for the day. Because you have decided to end the hum-drum dreariness of your normal life, and become adventurers, of one sort or another. (Note that the hum-drum dreariness may not actually apply to you.)

Where are you? And what will you do?

Illven
2017-11-06, 12:32 AM
I've heard about this. Stana says whispering conspiratorially to her teammates.

We need a quest. We must go to a bar and find one! She exclaims confidently.

Professor Gnoll
2017-11-06, 02:17 AM
Ben kneels in the dust, rubbing a pinch of it between his fingers, feeling the grain, judging the quality. City soil. Dry as bleached bones and just as alive. Still, soil is soil, and where there's soil you can plant a seed and grow something. Like an adventure. He stands up, letting the dust run through his fingers and to the ground. "A bar? Can't say I've ever found a quest in a bar, 'cept maybe a quest to find your way home blind drunk." He shrugs. "P'raps city bars are different. Can't rightly say I've ever been in one."

Briare0s
2017-11-06, 08:17 PM
Kal al'Din waited and watched from his corner seat in the bar. He eyed everyone as he took careful note of his surroundings. Waiting and watching. He had to make sure to take note of any opportunity that could come up. Past experiences told him that he could find work or adventure as long as he waited and watched for it. Nothing else to do but wait and watch. Wait and watch. Wait and...

Kal's head tilted back against the wall as he fell asleep.

JNAProductions
2017-11-06, 08:24 PM
The group (by some miracle, apparently) eventually ends up at the Brass Sword, a respectable inn that caters to the more powerful clientele. In the Sword, there are various well-equipped men and women, most of whom are already in groups of their own. The owner, a retired adventurer named Bali, a short (even for her race) dwarven woman, strolls over to you.

"What can I help you with? We have some lovely steamed eel with leeks today, if you're interested in something exotic-or your normal fare, if you aren't. And I've not seen you people here before-what brings you to my establishment?"

Illven
2017-11-06, 10:05 PM
Adventure! Stana said proudly with her largest smile possible.

So I guess a table at da edge.

JNAProductions
2017-11-06, 10:33 PM
Bali smiles. "Aw, that's cute. Well, sit wherever you like-I'll have one of the lads bring you some food and rumours," she says, heading back behind the bar. One of her employees (a strapping and handsome young man) comes over and asks what you want to eat.

Looking around, it seems every employee is male. And quite handsome, at that. Bali has a type.

Illven
2017-11-06, 10:36 PM
Huh... I wonder why all the workers are male here.... I saw girls in the street so it's not like their's very few women in the town.....

Do you think most human women are expected to stay at home in this country?

Modigar
2017-11-07, 09:12 AM
Sara frowns at that. "I don't think so... I don't remember noticing any particularly adverse reactions to myself, but I've hardly been here long enough to get a good idea."

JNAProductions
2017-11-07, 01:05 PM
Havenport is a patriarchy. Woman are respected, if not usually in positions of power. However, there's no laws or customs saying they must stay home or anything like that-there's just a tendency for men to be in power.

Illven
2017-11-07, 02:38 PM
Yeah, Havenport is a patriarchy, she must not trust other women with her business. She remarks.

Briare0s
2017-11-07, 04:34 PM
Kal wakes from his slumber and gazes around.

Damn. I dowsed off after not being able to fall asleep last night again. The couple upstairs really need to be done moving their furniture. Having to listen to them moving furniture all night long makes me wish I had decided to camp out instead.

Kal flagged down one of the waiters and and for a tall glass of beer. One glass should not hurt him.

Professor Gnoll
2017-11-09, 05:39 AM
Ben sits down and nods to the waiter. "Ale for me'll do, there's a good lad." He turns to the others. "Now, p'raps it's fool for me to ask, but do we just twiddle our thumbs n'wait 'till the adventure comes to us? I don't know 'bout you, but that sounds like a mighty borin' proposition." He scratches his head thoughtfully. "Now, I may be new to this adventurin' business, but a crop don't grow 'till you plant it, and I can't hardly see why a quest should be any different."

JNAProductions
2017-11-09, 12:58 PM
The waiter, who's still there, says "You know, we do get quite the crop of adventurers in the Sword. Talk to some of the others-they'll probably know something you can do. In fact, that group over there," he gestures to a group of three people-an Aarocokcra, an elf, and a winged tiefling, "I know for a fact should have some good info. They ran into some minor issues they didn't think were worth their time, but as a new group, you can probably try handling it."

Illven
2017-11-09, 02:58 PM
Thank you sir. Stana replied standing up quickly and curtsying formally.

She then proceeded to walk over to the trio.

Welcome. How does this day greet you? She replied with a warm smile.

JNAProductions
2017-11-09, 03:14 PM
The elf smiles at Stana, before getting up and kissing the back of her hand. "Excellently, my fair lady. Especially now that a gem such as you has graced our presence."

The tiefling snorts. "Ellweather, knock it off."

Illven
2017-11-09, 03:23 PM
Stana smiles as her hand is kissed, and gives the elf a small curtsy.

It is a pleasure to meet you, may I take this seat? She requests gesturing to the empty seat.

JNAProductions
2017-11-09, 03:29 PM
"Why, it would be my most excellent-" Ellweather begins, but is cut off by the birdman.

"Yes, you can."

Illven
2017-11-09, 03:32 PM
Stana sits down next to the elf and the tiefling.

Now my group of adventurers is looking for I dunno some goblins or something that are posing an issue for farmers. We're admittedly new at this. Would you be able to offer any advice, or suggestions. She pipes up.

JNAProductions
2017-11-09, 03:39 PM
Ellweather opens his mouth, but the tiefling speaks first. "Yeah-we passed by, eh, what's it called?"

The Aarocokcra supplies the answer, saying "Powr."

"Yeah, Powr-little town not far from here. You probably heard of it, or maybe not-they just do farming. We were stopped there, and we heard that a few children had gone missing, ranging from about 8 to 14. None of us are any good at tracking, but we did do a fly-over to see if we could spot them. No luck, and we've got business with nobility, so we couldn't stay. I'm sure they'd appreciate some assistance," he says.

Illven
2017-11-09, 03:42 PM
Oh! I'm nobility! Stana replies lunging up and clasping her arms on the table giving the Aarocokcra a nice view down her shirt.

Is it business with me?

JNAProductions
2017-11-09, 03:44 PM
The birdman, being not so attracted to mammalian features, takes no special notice of Stana's assets. "Not unless you're related to the High Regent, no."

Professor Gnoll
2017-11-09, 06:49 PM
"Children missing, y'say?" Ben pulls up a chair, resting his elbows on the table. "And you just upped and walked on by?"

Briare0s
2017-11-09, 07:08 PM
While waiting for his drink Kal heard some distressing news.

Kids missing? That could be bad news, Kal thought.

Kal walks up behind the older man who had just spoken. He does not utter a word, but listens in to the conversation at hand.

JNAProductions
2017-11-09, 10:42 PM
"The High Regent needs our help," the tiefling says. "We did what we could with the time we had. Speaking of which, my friends, we need to be going. He's seeing us within the hour."

"Good luck on helping the people of Powr," the birdman adds.

"And," Ellweather starts, "do, if you get the chance, come to see us again. Especially-" he says before getting yanked away by the tiefling.

"Can it, Casanova."

Illven
2017-11-09, 11:28 PM
"The High Regent needs our help," the tiefling says. "We did what we could with the time we had. Speaking of which, my friends, we need to be going. He's seeing us within the hour."

"Good luck on helping the people of Powr," the birdman adds.

"And," Ellweather starts, "do, if you get the chance, come to see us again. Especially-" he says before getting yanked away by the tiefling.

"Can it, Casanova."

Especially what? Stana replies curiously.

Briare0s
2017-11-10, 02:25 PM
Kal looks around the group seeing the tiefling pull Ellweather away.

"What is this about missing children?" he asked.

Modigar
2017-11-13, 09:21 AM
Sara starts filling him in. "A few kids vanished from some nearby town called Powr. Might be worth checking out, assuming that they didn't just wander off by themselves. I'm in the mood for a walk anyway."

JNAProductions
2017-11-13, 11:06 AM
The patrons of the bar continue to go about their business. The staff ensures you're kept happy, but soon enough, you realize you should probably make a decision. Powr is three days away-will you go to the children's aid? Or search for another adventure?

Illven
2017-11-13, 01:41 PM
Yes, let us go help those missing children. Stana remarks.

Professor Gnoll
2017-11-13, 09:33 PM
Ben nods and stands. "Seeing as their ain't no grand whosits needing our help, we'd best get going right away. Thanks for tippin' us off." He glances over to the waiter. "Won't be needin' that beer after all. 'pologies for the inconvenience." He starts walking to the door, then turns just before leaving, fixing Kal with a steady gaze. "I 'ssume by your askin' that you're in the same business we are. If y'are, feel free t'join us. We ain't an exclusive club or nothin'." With that said, he heads out the door.

JNAProductions
2017-11-13, 09:35 PM
The group (whoever it will consist of) begin their journey out of the city and towards Powr. At a three day journey on well-populated roads, the odds of any bandits or whatnot are vanishingly slim. That being said, a watch would not be ill-advised, as there's always a chance that something wrong goes bad.

[roll0]

Illven
2017-11-14, 12:01 AM
Stana for her part will watch in the darkest night. Her darkvision helping protect her companions.

Professor Gnoll
2017-11-14, 03:02 AM
Ben, knowing his companions are watching his back, keeps his eyes trained on the way ahead, watching for anyone in the distance or on the road.

JNAProductions
2017-11-14, 09:57 AM
The first day of travel passes without much going on. You pass by a good number of other travelers, most of whom seem to be in a hurry, but a few of whom spend some time and talk with you. Night falls, and you rest, with a simple watch schedule and a warm fire.

I'll use passive Perception for y'all on watch. If you wish me to not, let me know.

No one spots anything of note in the night, and soon enough, day two comes.

[roll0]

Also, Imma be speeding along the travel. Powr will be arriving soon.

Illven
2017-11-14, 02:13 PM
Stana raises early with the day.

Let's go!

Briare0s
2017-11-15, 02:42 AM
Kal followed the other adventurers as they journeyed toward Powr. He kept careful watch befitting a Ranger and such. From the first day and continuing into the second day he would scout ahead of his allies to make sure they don't get caught in any potential pitfalls. Despite the ease of their journey so far he did not underestimate the possible dangers of the wild.

JNAProductions
2017-11-15, 11:14 AM
Kal followed the other adventurers as they journeyed toward Powr. He kept careful watch befitting a Ranger and such. From the first day and continuing into the second day he would scout ahead of his allies to make sure they don't get caught in any potential pitfalls. Despite the ease of their journey so far he did not underestimate the possible dangers of the wild.

Kal, scouting ahead, is able to do a spot of hunting foraging, adding some fresh meat and berries to your otherwise bland rations. However, he spots no real danger-a few natural predators, but they know better than to hunt the roads.

Soon enough, night falls again. One more day till Powr arrives.

[roll0]

Briare0s
2017-11-16, 12:41 AM
Kal only stays in camp long enough to talk a bit with the others before moving out and repeating what he had done the past few days before. He remains vigilant making sure to carefully study even the most innocent looking of bushes. They could hide a great many things. Pleasant or otherwise.

JNAProductions
2017-11-16, 01:37 PM
Scouting ahead, Kal actually manages to find something good. It seems there was a minor caravan accident near a large pothole-the caravan was, apparently, carrying wine, as he finds the smashed remains of maybe a dozen bottles, but three of them seem intact. Despite not being a connoisseur of alcohol, he is able to see that the bottles will fetch a fair price.

Around midday, Kal sees the village of Powr ahead, and within an hour after, the group arrives there. The place is a small, quiet little farming village, although you can see there's a bit of a dour mood to the people. One of the farmers-a tall, strong looking man, dressed in overalls and with a ring on his finger, calls over when he spots you. "Afternoon, travellers. What brings you to our home?"

Illven
2017-11-16, 02:46 PM
In the name of the Throne of Zeoviel. With the family name of Borste. Princess Stana is here to rescue your children, fair villager. Princess Stana declares.

JNAProductions
2017-11-16, 02:50 PM
"Um... What?" he says, a little confused by the grandeur of Stana's proclamation.

However, someone else comes over, another man who's maybe four inches shorter, though equally well-muscled, and says "She's saying they're here to help find Sarah, John, and Will, thank the gods."

"Oh," the first man says, then his face lights up. "Really? You can do that? They've been gone for nearly three days now, and... My husband and I are desperate to find our daughter, and the other families are too, for their sons. What information do you need? How can we help you find them?"

Illven
2017-11-16, 03:10 PM
Well first, where did you last see them? Princess Stana remarks.

JNAProductions
2017-11-16, 10:27 PM
"Right, right... Erm, they were playing to the north side of the village. There's a little woods there-nothing too dangerous, so we don't mind letting the kids play there. Gemma was watching over them, but she had nature's call, and when she came back... They were gone," the taller man says.

Briare0s
2017-11-16, 10:43 PM
"Have you seen anyone or anything strange around here lately?" Kal asked them.

JNAProductions
2017-11-16, 10:44 PM
The shorter man answers this time, saying "Odd flashes of lightning. No storms, barely a cloud in the sky, but still there."

Illven
2017-11-16, 10:49 PM
And how long was Gemma gone? Stana asked.

JNAProductions
2017-11-16, 10:51 PM
"She says not more than a few minutes," the taller says.

"Yeah." the shorter man adds. "She's a bit older, but she still knows time."

Illven
2017-11-17, 12:23 AM
Well first things first can you show us the edge of the forest that's their little playground? Stana asked hopefully.

JNAProductions
2017-11-17, 03:06 PM
"Sure thing," the taller man says. "I'm Joe, by the way," he adds as he starts walking to the north side.

"Francis," the shorter man provides his own name, and says "But I've got some crops to see to. You got this handled, Joe?"

"Yup," Joe says.

Illven
2017-11-17, 05:33 PM
"Sure thing," the taller man says. "I'm Joe, by the way," he adds as he starts walking to the north side.

"Francis," the shorter man provides his own name, and says "But I've got some crops to see to. You got this handled, Joe?"

"Yup," Joe says.

It is a pleasure to meet you Joe and Frank. Stana remarks curtseying.

Professor Gnoll
2017-11-19, 06:02 AM
Ben, silent thus far, nods. "Forest's s'good a place as any to start." He follows Joe, looking at the village, assessing it, and nods approvingly. "Good farmland y'have here. Good soil."

JNAProductions
2017-11-19, 11:39 AM
"Thanks," Joe says as he leads the group. Soon enough, you arrive at a small copse of trees, leading into a deeper woods. "The kids usually don't go much beyond about there," he points to a circle of small stones and mushrooms. "If we can do anything to help you find them, just ask."

The circle seems far too exact to be natural.

Circles such as the one you see are sometimes used by Fey for rituals of varying sorts.

The circle has a faint sense of magical power to it.

Briare0s
2017-11-19, 12:44 PM
Kal follows Stana and the others to the forest, but also goes further into the surrounding forest. He looks to see what kind of predators there could be, tracks left, or anything suspicious of any nature.

JNAProductions
2017-11-19, 12:45 PM
Make a Survival check, for track checking.

Kal spots a deer trail initially, but will need to look closer to find more.

Briare0s
2017-11-19, 01:13 PM
I think this should be right:[roll0]

JNAProductions
2017-11-19, 01:20 PM
Kal, unfortunately, fails to find any tracks of importance.

Illven
2017-11-19, 10:36 PM
I think Fey made these circles for a ritual of some sort. Stana pipes up. I read a book once about it.

Professor Gnoll
2017-11-20, 01:39 AM
Ben's eyes narrow a fraction. ''Fey, y'say,'' he says calmly. ''If it is, we'll be havin' trouble.'' He kneels at the edge of the ring. ''But I daresay they'll be havin' more if they've been takin' children.'' He looks up at Joe. ''Any tales o'fey round these parts? Lights in the dark, pretty maidens by the lake disappearin' when you get close?''

JNAProductions
2017-11-20, 10:19 AM
"We've got a minor will-o-wisp... Problem? Not really a problem, I guess," Joe says. "We all know about them, so they've never really caused an issue, since we avoid them, and stay to familiar ground at night."

Illven
2017-11-20, 10:45 AM
Could they be taking the children? Stana suggests.

Briare0s
2017-11-20, 11:02 PM
This is troubling. Either those who have kidnapped the children have hidden their tracks well, there were somehow no tracks to be made, or my tracking skills have seriously dulled since leaving the group.

Perturbed, Kal stalked back to the group. He did not speak up, but started to listen intently.

JNAProductions
2017-11-22, 08:21 PM
"That they could be..." Joe says, putting a hand to his chin.

Illven
2017-11-22, 09:28 PM
Do you commonly interact with the fey? Stana remarks.

JNAProductions
2017-11-22, 09:40 PM
Do you commonly interact with the fey? Stana remarks.

"No," he replies. "We do us, and they do them, and we stay out of each other's hair."

Illven
2017-11-22, 09:49 PM
Do you know where they live? Stana remarks.

JNAProductions
2017-11-22, 09:51 PM
"I... North? Maybe?" he says. "They're mysterious-like. We keep our noses clean, or try to, at least."

Professor Gnoll
2017-11-22, 10:00 PM
Ben nods grimly. "S'good practice when it comes to Fey. Now, t'ain't their work for certain, now, but I think we'd best be havin' a word with them, jus' in case. If it ain't them, chances may be they know who did it. Now, I ain't no expert, but any farmer knows them fairy folk tend t'know the happenins on their land. N'that bein' so, if we head north we're like t'run into them."

Illven
2017-11-22, 10:08 PM
Yeah, let's go! Stana cheered.

JNAProductions
2017-11-22, 10:19 PM
"Good luck," Joe says. "Ifin I can do anything to help, just ask."

Unless you have anything to ask of him, you head north. The trees quickly grow thicker and taller, and the sun is hidden, giving a lightly dappled green effect.

Give me a Perception check, since I'm assuming you're actively looking.

Illven
2017-11-22, 10:34 PM
Perception time. [roll0]

Professor Gnoll
2017-11-23, 04:23 AM
Ben peers with deep brown eyes into the forest, searching for anything suspicious or out of place. [roll0]

JNAProductions
2017-11-23, 11:05 AM
From the west, you hear a sudden branch breaking, followed by the twang of a bowstring. You're under attack!

And, from the east, just a little too late, you hear a second bow fire, but the arrow is already there before you realize it.

Focusing attacks on whoever is out front.

[roll0]
[roll1] Advantage due to successful Stealth
[roll2]

[roll3]
[roll4]

Professor Gnoll
2017-11-26, 08:23 PM
Ben's trusty shield, a slab of solid oak salvaged from a collapsed lean-to, catches the first arrow, but his reflexes aren't fast enough to avoid the second. It catches him in the shoulder, his chainmail absorbing most of the force but leaving him with a painful wound. He holds up his hand, showing that he holds no weapon. "Stop the arrows! We mean you no harm, we're jus' here to talk!"

JNAProductions
2017-11-26, 09:44 PM
"Can't... Stop... Mistress won't... let us..." one of the now visible satyrs drawls out as he nocks another arrow back.