PDA

View Full Version : What the hell?

BelkarPwnsAll!
2007-08-17, 04:13 PM
Does ANYONE care that they haven't told us WTH the MitD IS under that umbrella?!?!?!:smallfurious: And, why didn't they just find a dirrerent dock to pick up haley?:smallconfused:

BRC
2007-08-17, 04:34 PM
Does ANYONE car that they haven't told us WTH the MitD IS under that umbrella?!?!?!:smallfurious: And, why didn't they just find a dirrerent dock to pick u haley?:smallconfused:
1. Grammer is your friend.
2. The MitD, like V's gender, is too much a part of the character to be flippantly revealed.
3. Because the hobgoblins have taken the city, and will likely be at all the docks.

Runolfr
2007-08-17, 04:35 PM
Does ANYONE car that they haven't told us WTH the MitD IS under that umbrella?!?!?!:smallfurious: And, why didn't they just find a dirrerent dock to pick u haley?:smallconfused:

The mystery of the MITD is a running joke. Get used to it.

As for the other, it would be impossible to pull that ship up to ANY dock in Azure City without attracting the attention of thousands of hobgoblins.

Spiryt
2007-08-17, 04:44 PM
1. Who should tell us? Still only Xykon knows what MitD is, maybe Redcloak too.
Probably :mitd: also knows who he is, but I wouldn't be certain.

2. In addition to what others already said : How Haley would know on which dock they'r now?
They're probably plenty of docks in Azure City.
Running from one to another trough city crowded with enemy. Carrying some rather heavy fighter.

Surfing HalfOrc
2007-08-17, 05:01 PM

2. In addition to what others already said : How Haley would know on which dock they'r now?
They're probably plenty of docks in Azure City.
Running from one to another trough city crowded with enemy. Carrying some rather heavy fighter.

1. Also the stereotypical hunters who originally captured the MitD.

2. Haley will have to find a hiding place and hope for the best. She may not even realise Hinjo left without her until she rounds the corner, and sees hundreds of hobgoblins along the waterfront.

Hmmm... I wonder if one of the episode titles will be: "She coulda been a contender..."

Icewalker
2007-08-17, 06:09 PM

SoD reveals: Many, many people know what the MitD is. Or at least what it looks like, as well as Redcloak and Xykon. They both saw it. It was on stage at a circus, being revealed as an act, so many random people have seen it, and Redcloak's brother's family in particular know it.

Spiryt
2007-08-17, 06:51 PM
SoD reveals: Many, many people know what the MitD is. Or at least what it looks like, as well as Redcloak and Xykon. They both saw it. It was on stage at a circus, being revealed as an act, so many random people have seen it, and Redcloak's brother's family in particular know it.

Well even if they all will appear in some next "answer the mail", with text" " We heard you were asking What :mitd: is?: We all actually know, beacuse".... they will be killed by Xykon. Exactly in that moment, from some reason.

Icewalker
2007-08-17, 06:56 PM
He already made that joke...

Spiryt
2007-08-17, 06:59 PM
Well, he had also killed five Fyrons in Cliffport.:smallwink:

mockingbyrd7
2007-08-17, 08:29 PM
WHAT THE HELL IS SABINE?!?! WHAT THE HELL IS V'S GENDER?!?! WHO THE HELL IS ELAN'S DAD?!?! WHEN THE HELL IS BELKAR GOING TO DIE?!?!

Patience, my friend.

Drider
2007-08-17, 10:10 PM
Patience, my friend.
quoted for truth, a good story does'nt reveal everything right away. LoTR did'nt reveal gandalf being a demi-god until after the WHOLE trilogy was written, and tolkien decided to make the simurillian(spelling?)

Oberon
2007-08-18, 12:50 AM
quoted for truth, a good story does'nt reveal everything right away. LoTR did'nt reveal gandalf being a demi-god until after the WHOLE trilogy was written, and tolkien decided to make the simurillian(spelling?)

Is there anyone on this site who actually needs a spoiler box for LotR?

Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the Simarilian was published posthumously based on Tolkien's notes, many of which were probably for his own reference in world-building (since much of the same "history" is covered, albeit much more briefly, in the appendices of The Return of the King)

MReav
2007-08-18, 01:02 AM
I'm just wondering if the big reveal will involve an area effect Dispel Magic. Magic Items often have crap caster level.

Wolfman42666
2007-08-18, 02:35 AM
Gandalf was a demi-god (:smallconfused:huh) Then what does that make sauron?

PlasticSoldier
2007-08-18, 02:41 AM
demigod :smallbiggrin: :smallbiggrin:

Ariko
2007-08-18, 02:44 AM
Sauron, as well as the wizards sent to oppose him (including Saruman) were all maiar (spelling? not certain and I don't have the book handy). in simple terms, they can be called demi-gods, a lesser form of the same race as the gods (who are called vallar).

Wolfman42666
2007-08-18, 02:48 AM
Alright I knew that (apart from the bit about the gods:smallredface:) But I'm confused Gandalf was terrified of even touching the ring right, so whatsisname that taught sauron was stronger than Gandalf? right?:smallconfused: :smalleek:

Ariko
2007-08-18, 06:33 AM
yes, Sauron's master was a valar, and as I recall, the strongest. He gave Sauron a significant amount of power, and..nah..this has drifted too far off topic already for me to continue :smallamused:

ThorFluff
2007-08-18, 06:55 AM
Morgoth, made an army of Balrogs, was stoped, gave what little power he had to sauron.

Aris Katsaris
2007-08-18, 07:13 AM
Morgoth was the big baddie in the First Age of the World. He's the chief devil-figure in Tolkien's world -- like Lucifer in mainstream christian theology, he was the most powerful of the angels, like Lucifer he fell through pride and rebelled against the will of God.

Morgoth was a Vala, the only Vala that fell, but in his beginning he was strong enough to push away from Middle-earth all the other Valar:

The eight chief Valar were:
Manwe -- lord of the air, and king of all the Valar, brother of Morgoth
Varda (or Elbereth) -- queen of the stars and of light, spouse of Manwe
Aule -- the craftsman, lord of the earth, creator of the Dwarves
Yavanna -- queen of all that's living, plants and animals both, spouse to Aule.
Ulmo -- lord of all waters, who's also given the task of everlastingly providing comfort of even those who lie under the wrath of the Valar.
Mandos -- the doomsman, the jailor and prophet of the Valar, keeper of the halls where the spirits of killed elves go.
Nienna -- lady of sorrow, of comforting, and of forgiveness.
Orome -- the huntsman.

There also some lesser Valar:
Tulkas -- the wrestler.
Irmo (or Lorien) -- the Dreamer, lord of visions.
Este -- spouse of Lorien, queen of rest.
Vana -- the Ever-Young, spouse of Orome, sister of Yavanna
Nessa -- spouse of Tulkas, sister of Orome.
Vaire -- the weaver, spouse of Mandos.

--------

The Maiar are all the smaller spirits that were also created before the beginning of the material world, same race as the Valar but of smaller power and rank.

These include:

Sauron,

All five wizards: Gandalf (mentioned in the Silmarillion as Olorin), Saruman (Curumo), Radagast (Aiwendil), and the two "Blue wizards" we don't see in LOTR

All the Balrogs (they weren't created by Morgoth, they merely chose to serve him)

Melian, Eonwe, Ilmare, Osse, Uinen (Maiar we get to see in the Silmarillion).

Wolfman42666
2007-08-18, 07:33 AM
I see. Interesting.
Then I only have one question since Morgoth was a fallen valar, did he have to fall to reach middle-earth and if he did, when the maiar were sent to stop he, and the balrogs 'defected' do they then count as fallen too?
Or did I get that totally wrong?

Aris Katsaris
2007-08-18, 08:23 AM
By "fallen" I meant "morally fallen". He's the only Vala that turned evil -- many Maiar turned evil, but Morgoth was the only *Vala* that turned evil, and he's considered to be the prime reason for the corruption of all the other evil Maiar too.

Any spirit that so desired it was allowed to enter the material universe, both good and evil.

(as a sidenote "Melkor" was his original name, He Who Arises In Might, "Morgoth", Dark Enemy, was a name given him later on.

In the early ages of the universe, "Morgoth" and "Evil" was pretty much synonymous -- later on as Morgoth wasted and spread his energy throughout the cosmos, the actual *person* of Morgoth became less important in himself, to the point that he was able to be chained and executed by the army of the Valar as an ordinary criminal, and his spirit expelled beyond the boundaries of the universe, and his lingering influence in the cosmos is no longer controlled by any single individual.

Last of all is set the name of Melkor, He who arises in Might. But that name he has forfeited; and the Noldor, who among the Elves suffered most from his malice, will not utter it, and they name him Morgoth, the Dark Enemy of the World. Great might was given to him by Iluvatar, and he was coeval with Manwe. In the powers and knowledge of all the other Valar he had part, but he turned them to evil purposes, and squandered his strength in violence and tyranny. For he coveted Arda and all that was in it, desiring the kingship of Manwe and dominion over the realms of his peers.

From splendour he fell through arrogance to contempt for all things save himself, a spirit wasteful and pitiless. Understanding he turned to subtlety in perverting to his own will all that he would use, until he became a liar without shame. He began with the desire of Light, but when he could not possess it for himself alone, he descended through fire and wrath into a great burning, down into Darkness. And darkness he used most in his evil works upon Arda, and filled it with fear for all living things.

Yet so great was the power of his uprising that in ages forgotten he contended with Manwë and all the Valar, and through long years in Arda held dominion over most of the lands of the Earth. But he was not alone. For of the Maiar many were drawn to his splendour in the days of his greatness, and remained in that allegiance down into his darkness; and others he corrupted afterwards to his service with lies and treacherous gifts. Dreadful among these spirits were the Valaraukar, the scourges of fire that in Middle-earth were called the Balrogs, demons of terror.

Among those of his servants that have names the greatest was that spirit whom the Eldar called Sauron, or Gorthaur the Cruel. In his beginning he was of the Maiar of Aulë, and he remained mighty in the lore of that people. In all the deeds of Melkor the Morgoth upon Arda, in his vast works and in the deceits of his cunning, Sauron had a part, and was only less evil than his master in that for long he served another and not himself. But in after years he rose like a shadow of Morgoth and a ghost of his malice, and walked behind him on the same ruinous path down into the Void.

Roderick_BR
2007-08-18, 10:25 AM
Still only Xykon knows what MitD is, maybe Redcloak too.
QFW!:smallbiggrin:

SPoD
2007-08-18, 11:53 AM
In the distant future, when children ask their elders, "What does it look like when a topic is derailed?" the wizened old ones will lift their crooked fingers and point to this thread.

Acyberexile
2007-08-18, 12:06 PM
Silmarillion was written by Tolkien before he wrote LotR. Wikipedia says that he planned to release Lotr and Silmarillion as a huge seven episode series, but silmarillion got cut out because of post WWII paper shortage, and because of the same reason, the rest of the six books got compiled into three volumes. Since he didn't publish it right away, he kept changing parts and bits of it over time. After his death, his son edited these into a book, but unlike other posthumous Tolkien publications, Silmarillion was more or less a complete book.

And about the docks issue, I think BelkarPwnsAll! wanted to say why they haven't decided to meet up at another dock at a different, close city. Because it now hit me that it never made sense, how could they expect the ship to stay unnoticed until Haley and Belkar came? Asking Haley and Belkar to sneak back was very dangerous compared to asking them to go to a nearby village or something.

Wolfman42666
2007-08-18, 02:00 PM
In the distant future, when children ask their elders, "What does it look like when a topic is derailed?" the wizened old ones will lift their crooked fingers and point to this thread.

Now that you've posted that they probably won't.:smallbiggrin:

I'm pretty sure this is a better topic of conversation (no offense).

Also are you implying that everyone will live in the internet and 'wizened old ones' who can no longer make sites will point to long dead websites. (while I could easily giant in the playground lasting through the ages, I hope oots won't, I want to read the whole story.)

"crooked"? I've never seen a fit that description, ever.

Glass Mouse
2007-08-19, 12:06 PM

Um... If I remember correctly, the MiTD is just "it" in the show because no one knows for sure what "it" is. (or something like that) He seems to be a very rare creature, so my guess is that only the most skilled can recognize him (e.g. Redcloak, Xykon, the hunters, maybe others).

PhoenixRising
2007-08-19, 12:47 PM

I'm telling you all, it's just a five year old ogre or something. :mitd: With night vision, it would seem.

FrostXian
2007-08-19, 01:27 PM
I'm telling you all, it's just a five year old ogre or something. :mitd: With night vision, it would seem.

OoTS cuts trough ogres like knife trough butter. It just doesn't match.

Wolfman42666
2007-08-19, 02:10 PM
Somehow I don't see an orge:
a) fitting under that umbrella
b) producing shockwaves from shouting
c) speaking at the MitD's level of eloquence (I.E. a 10 year olds)
or d) produceing an epicentre from stomping the ground!

(if it was a joke it wasn't obvious)

Gijs
2007-08-23, 03:35 PM

some rather heavy fighter.

funny that you presume it is a HE while IT is wearing a pink umbrella, as if women can't be strong :smalltongue:

The 6th Side
2007-08-23, 03:58 PM

Oh lawd
No nobody cares, it's a running gag. Its called a JOKE! Look it up sometime! While your at it have a shower :/

Green Bean
2007-08-23, 04:05 PM
funny that you presume it is a HE while IT is wearing a pink umbrella, as if women can't be strong :smalltongue:

:redcloak:- Sir, he's about a scary as musty Styrofoam. (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0191.html)

Spiryt
2007-08-23, 04:12 PM
:redcloak:- Sir, he's about a scary as musty Styrofoam. (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0191.html)

OK, guys, drop it.

Gijs, your post is complete, utter nitpicking, I wrote "he", beacuse I had to write it somehow, and beacuse yes, I always have seen :mitd: as a male thing in the dark.

But of course, judging on existing strips, we indeed don't have any clue.

Green Bean
2007-08-23, 04:53 PM
But of course, judging on existing strips, we indeed don't have any clue.

Uhh, Redcloak knows what the MitD is, and he says it's male. That's a bit more than a clue. :smallconfused:

BRC
2007-08-23, 04:55 PM
Uhh, Redcloak knows what the MitD is, and he says it's male. That's a bit more than a clue. :smallconfused:
Unless its a V situation.

Hawkeye
2007-08-24, 11:16 PM
"he" could be used in a situation where the gender of the subject is unknown. This is used in at least one order of the stick comic (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0306.html) in reference to V.

the_tick_rules
2007-08-25, 09:06 PM
if this thread allows spoilers it lived in a jungle in SOD, what uber powerful stuff likes jungles?

Moff Chumley
2007-09-01, 12:47 PM
Whatever the DM says.
Yes, I'm a DM. What's your point?

Frankly, it would kind of ruin it a bit if MitD was revealed.

Elfanatic
2007-09-01, 02:26 PM
We will know the true identity of the MitD eventually. The Giant doesn't strike me as the type to leave loose ends like that. At least not when we are in the position to nag him to the grave until he tells it to us. So, we will just have to wait for the last ending of the comic.

@BelkarPwnsAll!

Please take more than a few seconds to type your posts. Or failling that, don't post when your are in a volatile/caffeine-crazed/sleep-deprived mood. In a thread of your own devising (Oots Battledome Fight!) you posted the following:

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA :smallfurious: :smallfurious: :smallfurious: :smallfurious:

end qoute

BelkarPwnsAll!
2007-09-02, 06:01 PM

1. I Dont Give A Damn!
2. Wtf Is Everyone Talking About?!

FrostXian
2007-09-02, 06:24 PM
"he" could be used in a situation where the gender of the subject is unknown. This is used in at least one order of the stick comic (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0306.html) in reference to V.

Then every previously thought male character has an unknown gender, based on that.

Kish
2007-09-02, 06:29 PM
Then every previously thought male character has an unknown gender, based on that.
I think having a Trouser Titan (sic) constitutes stronger evidence for an XY chromosome structure.

FrostXian
2007-09-02, 06:30 PM
I think having a Trouser Titan (sic) constitutes stronger evidence for an XY chromosome structure.

Touché. I'll go sleep.

Cade Shadow
2007-09-02, 06:48 PM

I do.:smalltongue:

The Hop Goblin
2007-09-02, 08:15 PM

1. I Dont Give A Damn!

Listen, friend; I think you are too emotionally invested in the works of Rich Burlew. Its great to open a webcomic, relax, enjoy the story as it is. Its another to get po'd at it, then bring that aggression to the forums. I would look at the Forum Rules for information and tips about conduct.

Its a running gag that he is the Team Evil 'super-secret weapon'. Its just he's never been properly unveiled.

Or maybe, in response to your original question...

"Does ANYONE car that they haven't told us WTH the MitD IS under that umbrella?!?!?!" No, I guess we don't.

Spiky
2007-09-03, 12:50 AM
1. Grammer is your friend.

Irony is fun.

Em Blackleaf
2007-09-03, 01:05 AM
We all wonder what V's gender, what MitD is, and all those other running jokes.

The point is, they're jokes, and they're meant to be left secret until the time to reveal them has come.

Lissou
2007-09-03, 02:20 AM
Irony is fun.

He didn't make a grammar mistake, though, but a spelling one.

Kaelaroth
2007-09-03, 02:23 AM
Irony is fun.

It is! Finally I have back up on this point! :smile: You know, I'll go sleep too...

Draigo
2007-09-03, 05:14 AM
Its a secret for a reason, just chill

and they didn't pick her up at a different dock because, um, I don't know, THE WHOLE CITY IS COVERED IN HOBGOBLINS!!
I mean really, not only do they have no way to contact her right now, but do you really think none of the thousands of hobgoblins would notice a ship coming back?

KazilDarkeye
2007-09-03, 01:47 PM

Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the Simarilian was published posthumously based on Tolkien's notes, many of which were probably for his own reference in world-building (since much of the same "history" is covered, albeit much more briefly, in the appendices of The Return of the King)

I do!

So what, I have not watched/read LotR. Sue me.

Elfanatic
2007-09-04, 10:03 AM

1. I Dont Give A Damn!

1. You don't give a damn about...what? Your spelling? What other people are saying about you and your attitude? The fact that we ignore your questions and 'ruin' your thread?
2. We are talking about everything and nothing. That happens when you type unintelligent posts about matters virtually everyone already aware of.

Spiky
2007-09-04, 11:24 PM
Most forum-goers either make both or neither type of error. Not just one or the other. So I always lump them as language errors in my mind when surfing the net.

Rakleb
2007-09-09, 09:06 AM
Yes indeed but I think its a mutant giant thing but the umbrella makes it look small:smallbiggrin:

Edea
2007-09-09, 10:44 PM
I hope the MitD is a Matryoshka doll.

You'd take away the ridiculous-looking umbrella, only to find another, slighty smaller mysterious figure, holding a smaller and even more ridiculous-looking umbrella. It'd keep shrinking as you took away more and more umbrellas, until you found a pair of yellow eyes just floating in space.

BelkarPwnsAll!
2007-10-06, 10:04 AM
Hey, can someone help me find the SMB (Silly Messaging Board) in the forums?:smallconfused:

Yoritomo Himeko
2007-10-06, 10:39 AM
Hey, can someone help me find the SMB (Silly Messaging Board) in the forums?:smallconfused:

You can just click here (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=34).

FujinAkari
2007-10-06, 10:53 AM

I'm rather sure superfluous punctuation qualifies as a grammar error. :P

Deathwisher
2007-10-06, 11:47 AM
1. Also the stereotypical hunters who originally captured the MitD.

Well, the fact that it has to be hidden would seem to indicate that it would be recognized if seen. Also, the hobgoblin answering reader questions had seen it and recognized it. Strictly speaking Xykon doesn't recognize the creature in SOD. he just says its ugly. of course what Xykon doesn't know can fill a whole library.

The problem for me is that no one seems to be able to hazard a guess based on peformance. I mean, there may be a lot of monsters in a fantasy setting, but a creature that can speak common language, produce shockwaves while speaking, cause an earthquake by stamping and doesn't even notice that it is being stabbed with daggers? There can't be too many that fit the profile. Especially if they have to small enough to fit under an umbrella.
Also, Belkar didn't recognize the tracks (Not that Belkars is much good at tracking :smallbiggrin: )

Green Bean
2007-10-06, 12:49 PM
Well, the fact that it has to be hidden would seem to indicate that it would be recognized if seen. Also, the hobgoblin answering reader questions had seen it and recognized it. Strictly speaking Xykon doesn't recognize the creature in SOD. he just says its ugly. of course what Xykon doesn't know can fill a whole library.

Just because Xykon didn't specifically say that he recognizes what the MitD is doesn't mean he doesn't know what it is.

Fineous Orlon
2007-10-07, 02:15 AM
Alright I knew that (apart from the bit about the gods:smallredface:) But I'm confused Gandalf was terrified of even touching the ring right, so whatsisname that taught sauron was stronger than Gandalf? right?:smallconfused: :smalleek:

Caution: LotR spoilers ahead!

Well, initially, the being that became Sauron, when he was a Maia, was the most powerful Maia, so yes.

However, Sauron poured much of his power into the one ring, and Gandalf was a wise and highly ranked Maia already.

You BECOME Sauron eventually if you are powerful and you don the ring. You can cast him down, but his desire for power, and desire to shape the world to his liking lives on in the ring, and that will work its way into your personality eventually.

Because, eventually, you will succumb to temptation and use the ring's power, and start to open yourself to it.

Gandalf was a Maia sent to Middle Earth to oppose Sauron, but not in direct conflict. For one reason, Men had to triumph over the temptations of Sauron and that Sauron represented, the valar and maiar could not solve the problem for men when they themselves were not immune to such temptations. [See Morgoth v. Everybody, and Sauron v. Middle Earth.]

Gandalf had to resist the temptation to rule as he could with his power, and resist the temptations of Sauron, and help the elves and men resist the temptations of Sauron.

In a way, Gandalf redeems the Maiar by advising, not using his personal power, in the war of the ring, and winning. He at the same time enables the intelligent races of Middle Earth to resist Sauron's rule and temptations.

If Gandalf had put on Sauron's ring, he could pretty well have kicked EVERYONE'S tail in Middle Earth. He would be a very powerful Maia taking up the majority of the will of the former most powerful Maia.

He also would become used to having his own way and making his own way eventually, and in the end, become so like Sauron had been or wished to be that he might as well be Sauron. Gandalf would become a new Dark Lord.

Gandalf did get to/ have to use his own power from time to time. The Balrog took a little exercise of power to exorcise from Moria.

It was the right choice. The situation was so desperate that even when Gandalf used his personal power, he died while killing the Balrog.

In the same way, if he put The Ring on, he would have to use his own [now augmented] power sooner or later, and thus open himself to the influence of The Ring.

The_Hunting_Enemy
2007-10-07, 02:39 AM
Am I the only one with this horrible nagging feeling that MitD will be told "YOu may reveal yourself now!" and he'll go "YAY!" so loudly that the lights blow out for the battle?

SeeDanRun
2007-10-07, 05:35 PM
Somehow I don't see an orge:
a) fitting under that umbrella
b) producing shockwaves from shouting
c) speaking at the MitD's level of eloquence (I.E. a 10 year olds)
or d) produceing an epicentre from stomping the ground!

(if it was a joke it wasn't obvious)

Well...yeah. But are you taking into account that this is a Baby Ogre hopped up on STEW!!!!

You go into a stew frenzy and feats of incredible strength are nothing!

(OK....yeah....its probably not a baby ogre :P )

JKLantern
2007-10-07, 06:21 PM
I hope the MitD is a Matryoshka doll.

You'd take away the ridiculous-looking umbrella, only to find another, slighty smaller mysterious figure, holding a smaller and even more ridiculous-looking umbrella. It'd keep shrinking as you took away more and more umbrellas, until you found a pair of yellow eyes just floating in space.

So he's a couple Will O'Wisp?

Actually, a Will O'Wisp kicked my butt in one game of DND. Not my finest showing.

Lord Zentei
2007-10-08, 08:01 AM
So he's a couple Will O'Wisp?

Actually, a Will O'Wisp kicked my butt in one game of DND. Not my finest showing.

Well, to be fair, they have 9 HD.

Still, the MitD is probably more powerful than that. :smallwink:

Wiseman
2007-10-08, 08:11 AM
I think that is a superpowermegaelvilinfernaldemidragon with devil template, i mean... that thing can talk parsel, that must be a kind of reptilian monster.

I don't think in Will'O, that is only a light with superpower's of un-dead, the thingh under the umbrela can smash, WOtW can smash? can?

dish
2007-10-09, 11:29 AM
I'm rather sure superfluous punctuation qualifies as a grammar error. :P

That which some regard as a superfluity of punctuation, may be considered by others a necessity, and a helpful aid to facilitate written communication. Anyway, surely it's a stylistic, not a grammatical, concern?

dakiwiboid
2007-10-09, 12:04 PM
Just because Xykon didn't specifically say that he recognizes what the MitD is doesn't mean he doesn't know what it is.

Given Xykon's attention span, who's to say he can even remember what the MitD is any more?

dragongirl13
2007-10-30, 09:06 PM
The Monster in the Darkness will probably never be revealed because it's a good comedy point to never reveal the villain's secret weapon. That 4th wall is way beyond repair.

†Seer†
2007-10-30, 09:42 PM
Am I the only one with this horrible nagging feeling that MitD will be told "YOu may reveal yourself now!" and he'll go "YAY!" so loudly that the lights blow out for the battle?

*bursts out laughing* This. Is. GOLDEN! Totally just made my night hehe. Cheers!