PDA

View Full Version : Here is what I'm rolling with in SKT

djreynolds
2017-11-06, 05:21 AM
So I rolled up a 5th level human variant cleric/wizard and of course the bard and ranger quit

I began as knowledge cleric and took resilient con

Now I'm 2 cleric/ 3 wizard and I actually grabbed evocation (role-play purposes)

I rolled stats so I'm sitting at 5th level 10/12/12/16/16/11

AC 17, use shocking grasp in melee.

But I'm going make due, do some buffing and de-buffing, handle intelligence skills

No EECP

Cleric
Guidance
Resistance
Sacred flame

Prepared
protection from evil
healing word
cure wounds
Pro from evil

Domain
identify
command

Wizard is
Firebolt
ray of frost
thunderclap
shocking grasp

Shield
Alarm
feather fall
chromatic orb, the DM hasn't even had a merchant to buy a diamond off of
Charm
sleep
blindness/deafness
hold person

Web
scorching ray
flaming sphere

Now the party is a pally/warlock, paladin, moon druid/monk/cleric, swashbuckler, and red dragon sorcerer

Oh and Citan, go figure the kid playing ranger isn't showing up anymore.......AAAAAAAAHHHH

My issue is this, I did expect to have to be thrust into combat so much and I have 30HP, right now I'm leaning heavily on firebolt from a distance

Can I survive with this build till wizard 5/ cleric 2 assuming I take my next ASI in intelligence for 18?

What spells should I start grabbing?

mephnick
2017-11-06, 07:44 AM
I'd take some disabling spells that key off the mental saves if possible.

Our bard basically solo'd the whole campaign with Hypnotic Pattern. You know, Giants and all.

djreynolds
2017-11-07, 12:46 AM
I'd take some disabling spells that key off the mental saves if possible.

Our bard basically solo'd the whole campaign with Hypnotic Pattern. You know, Giants and all.

I do plan on hypnotic pattern, thank you, that is a very good spell

I just didn't want to play the damage guy or tank

I like solving problems with a spell.

Honest Tiefling
2017-11-07, 12:52 AM
I like solving problems with a spell.

Before play, ask your DM how they intend to have wizards learn spells from ex-rival's spellbooks. The PHB doesn't have clear and concise rules, so hash this out beforehand with your DM to add to your spellbook without impeding the game.

I'd recommend levitate if it hasn't been nerfed already, since it has combat and non-combat capabilities.

djreynolds
2017-11-07, 02:50 AM
Before play, ask your DM how they intend to have wizards learn spells from ex-rival's spellbooks. The PHB doesn't have clear and concise rules, so hash this out beforehand with your DM to add to your spellbook without impeding the game.

I'd recommend levitate if it hasn't been nerfed already, since it has combat and non-combat capabilities.

I have, and the DM is being a pain.

I normally am.... annoying and at every merchant ask for spell scrolls

But I will continue to annoy the DM.... and then die and roll up a barbarian