PDA

View Full Version : crafting (Ex) items

Mike Miller
2017-11-06, 09:57 AM
Are there rules anywhere that allow you to craft an item with extraordinary abilities instead of supernatural abilities? I don't think core allows it and I couldn't find anything from a cursory glance through the complete series. Perhaps the playground is aware of something?

I'm just thinking of crafted magic items that wouldn't be negated in an AMF.

flappeercraft
2017-11-06, 10:05 AM
I seem to recall something from Ravenloft but that is as far as I remember.

Telonius
2017-11-06, 11:04 AM
This would be a very gray area, but Martial Scripts might qualify. They're supposed to radiate divination, but the effect is gaining the use of a single maneuver - many of which are (Ex).

MaxiDuRaritry
2017-11-06, 11:19 AM
I seem to recall something from Ravenloft but that is as far as I remember.Ravenloft: Legacy of the Blood has devices, along with the Create Device feat. Basically, you can create steampunk tech versions of magic items, but they require an expensive battery in lieu of being self-charged.

unseenmage
2017-11-06, 11:23 AM
Ravenloft: Legacy of the Blood has Mordenheim family "magic" which uses the Create Device feat in place of item creation feats like Craft Wondrous Item.
The feat lets you create gadgets run by big, cumbersome power sources (think lead-acid batteries using glass and leather rather than handy plastic casings) which power mundane versions of magic items.

Pathfinder also has its Technology Guide which has rules and feats for making Technological Items which can be identical to Magic Items except they're mundane and require tech artifact laboratories to create.

In my sig you'll find a thread or two where I've explored tech items and combining them with otgee PF subsystems quite a bit.