PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder new to starfinder

deathbymanga
2017-11-06, 01:00 PM
So, just got into this new system paizo published called starfinder. anyone here with some experience on what I should know when building? I'm thinking of Building a Vresk Solarian (armor) Mercenary in the style of a Krogan Biotic or something. What would you recommend for this build and what would you recomend when building in Starfinder entirely.

Wartex1
2017-11-06, 01:12 PM
I'm decently experienced with Starfinder, but it's not shown too much popularity here from what I've observed.

For that, immediately go with long-arm or heavy ranged weaponry. Heavy is more feat intensive, but gets more versatile weapons.

Powers are up to you, just go with whatever seems good to you. I'd personally recommend Dark Matter and Flare, or maybe trade out Dark Matter for Gravity Boost.

Since you're going Vesk, Heavy Weaponry might be more your style, and you could also Multiclass with Soldier for some benefits if you don't mind delaying Solarian progression.

Dr_Dinosaur
2017-11-06, 03:05 PM
From what I've seen, a 1 level dip in Soldier is just about always a good idea for combat-focused builds, though I haven't seen much Solarion talk so I couldn't speak to which style is best for your Krogan build

Psyren
2017-11-06, 03:20 PM
I'm not a big fan of the Solarian myself, though I might change my mind on a reread.

For the rest, as the handbooks go up there will probably be more info on/adoption of the system.

Wartex1
2017-11-06, 04:57 PM
I'm not a big fan of the Solarian myself, though I might change my mind on a reread.

For the rest, as the handbooks go up there will probably be more info on/adoption of the system.

Really what the Solarian (and Envoy, really) need is a Extra Revelation/Improvisation feat since those are so crucial to their play but they don't get a decent amount until like 6th level.