Table of Contents

Table of Contents
Introduction
The World
Races
Classes
cosmology
Organizations

In the last month, I've posted several threads asking for assistance of various aspects of my homebrew setting, so i decided to begin compilation of everything on here now I have a firm basis.

May add more in the future. This is the bare bones for Now.

stolenchariot
2007-08-17, 05:52 PM
Introduction

Table of Contents
Introduction
The World
Races
Classes
cosmology
Organizations

Here is where I will give the basics of this setting. The material plane, which still needs a name, always was. Its origins are a constant mystery to scholars, and may always be so.

Millenia Passed, and from the civilized races; elves Tayfolk, humans, Dwarves, gnomes, orcs, and centaur, eleven beings arose who were born with the capability of bending the fabric of reality to their will. At first, all of them used their powers to shape their respective people according to their philosophies; forging empires, creating followings, dividing the races over disagreements. Later, they managed to ripholes into the fabric dividing their non-magical world from the source of their powers, the weave. This created eleven planes. To prevent the tears from unraveling the world, they were sealed into eleven mutable gates, the primary means of interplanar travel. These eleven became the first gods, and melded into their domains, becoming more mind than body.

Thus were born the spellcasters. Wizards were taught complicated, even deadly formulae which created minute tears around their soul, allowing them to siphon off magical energy from the weave. Sorcerors are thosewhose blood carries that of the eleven gods, no matter how remotely. Clerics pull their strength from their gods as normal, and the druids from the land enriched by the magic which flooded from the creation of the gates.

Some time after the planes were etablished, there existed in the river of the dead, a soul who refused to pass on. As time passed, many clung to it, its mindwarped by the hatred and malice of the sinful. In centuries t come, it pulled its way free of the gate, trapsingacross the land, spreading madness, death, and its new spawn; the undead. Around this time, another rose to seal away the threat using his own body to become its prison; Montanari, the twelfth god. Strangely though, none know more of Montanari but his name. His gate's wherabouts are speculated, but iunlnown as are his racial affiliations and reasons for sealing the abomination; is he a savior, or has he delayed our doom to concoct something more foul? His followers are few, as many would not worship a master they cannot reach.

stolenchariot
2007-08-17, 05:54 PM
The World

Table of Contents
Introduction
The World
Races
Classes
cosmology
Organizations

The world is composed mainly of two continents with a smattering of islands in between. I'm still kicking around names, but my concepts are fairly well put together. Of the islands with inhabitants, the two I will flesh out the most as tey are locations of two of the twelve gates are Glimmermount, the capitol island of the gnomes and the gate of dreams, and Veil Teyid, the ancestral home of the Bleak orcs. Ravaged by earthquakes from the abomination's surfacing, a sizable portion of the island [along with the gate of death] has sunken into the ocean. However, it is still the largest of the islands.

The more temperate of the continents ranges from arctic wastes to vast desserts. The races reside mainly in the southern part of this continent; barbaric nomads in the far wastes, and the Alakhand empire from the eastern shore to the great river where the kingdoms of Orgon pick up. Morth of the human lands lies the spine of Dah shrik, home of many bestial humanoids; gnolls, goblinoids, etc. North, surrounding the stone pillar of Omara live the secluded Tayfolk.

To the west in the thickest temperate forest in the world; Dal Susoloth, home of the Centaur. In the far north lie the mountains that house thedwarves and giantkin. Few civilized races dwell in the arctic north of that..

The other continent is primarily dense jungle and swamp; housing both elves and many reptilian races.

stolenchariot
2007-08-17, 05:55 PM
Races

Table of Contents
Introduction
The World
Races
Classes
cosmology
Organizations

Centaur
Centaur: The proud masters of the Forests of Dal Susoloth, The Centaur are among those most attuned with the natural forces; Their goddess Reantu, afterall, created the fey and elementals. Many Centaur travel abroad to see for themselves the broadening horizons of their world, though they care little for cities and the workings of the other races such as vehicles and aqueducts, which they dub ‘abominations’. While some extremist centaurs actively combat civilization, most are content in simply resenting it.
Racial Traits:
•Monstrous Humanoids
•+2 Str, +2 Wis, -2 Int, -2 Cha
•Large size. –1 penalty to Armor Class, –1 penalty on attack rolls, –4 penalty on Hide checks, +4 bonus on grapple checks, lifting and carrying limits double those of Medium characters.
•Space/Reach: 10 feet/5 feet.
•A centaur’s base land speed is 40 Feet
•Darkvision out to 60 feet.
• +1 natural armor bonus.
•Racial weapon proficiencies: All centaur are naturally proficient with the following weapons: short bow, longbow, and lance. When charging, centaur deal double damage with a lance.
•Wilderness trained: Centaur gain a +2 racial bonus to Survival and Knowledge(Nature) checks.
•Automatic languages: Centaur, Common,
•Bonus Languages: Sylvan, Terran, Auran, Aquan, Ignan
•Favored Class: Ranger
•LA: +1

Dwarves
Dwarves: Since the time of the gods, the Dwarven lands have been divided into two parties; the archaic high dwarves who embraced the magic and structure of their patriarch Bowen Goldvein, and the Wild Dwarves who spurn the lawful caste system and thrive in loose clans, as taught by O Gulnir, who above magic, prided physical strength.

High Dwarves: High Dwarves view themselves as the pinnacle of the dwarven races, and far superior to many of the races, save perhaps elves and the Tayfolk. They rarely leave their cities, preferring to send common Dwarves in their stead.

•+2 int -2 str
•humanoid
•medium size
•20ft. High dwarves, unlike other dwarves, do not retain this speed while wearing medium or heavy armor, or while carrying a heavy load.
•+2 to will saves against spells or spell-like effects
•+2 competance bonuses to spellcraft and knowledge (arcana)
•+2 competance bonus to appraise checks made to identify magical items or reagents and +2 to craft checks used to make components for magical items.

•Armaments of Arcane might: When wearing armor that gives any type of magical enhancement, the arcane spell failure of a High Dwarf is reduced by 5%
•read magic 1/day, identify 1/week
•dark vision 60ft.
•stonecunning
•Xenophobia: -2 to all charisma based checks except intimidate used on non-dwarves
•Automatic languages: dwarven, common
•Bonus Languages: terran, infernal, gnome, celestial, giant
•Favored Class: Wizard

Common Dwarves: Common dwarves are the working class of the High Dwarves’ caste structure. They are more worldly than their betters, though not necessarily as learned.
Statistics as PHB Dwarves
Wild Dwarves: Wild Dwarves are the followers of O gulnir. They thrive in loose clans, and are often at odds with the giantkin. They are known to be rather violent and short tempered. By general consensus, a Wild dwarf who’s been riled is a frightening sight to behold.
•+2 con -2 Wis. Wild dwarves are rresilient as the stone they work, but they are rather crazed and short- sighted.
•Meduim sized.
•20ft movement speed. However, Wild dwarves can move at this speed even when wearing medium or heavy armor or when carrying a medium or heavy load
•Dark Vision 60ft
•+2 to attack anddamage rolls against creatures of the giant type.
•+2 dodge bonus to AC against giants.
•+2 bonus to fortitude saves to resist poison
•Stonecunning
•Stability
•Xenophobia: -2 to all charisma based checkes except intimidate used on non-dwarves
•Favored class: Barbarian
•Automatic Languages: Common, Dwarven
•Bonus Languages: Giant, Terran, Gnome, Draconic

Orcs

the original orcs, that is to say, the orcs that existed since the creation of the world, are dubbed the Bleak orcs, and their cast off, maddened counterparts the Bloodcrests. Bleak Orcs reside mainly in their island home of Veil Teyid where they care for the gate of death created by Nar Riss, though groups of them can be found in any permanent settlement of a reasonable size in human, gnome, or [rarely] in Tayfolk lands.

Bleak Orcs: Bleak Orcs are around six feet tall, one and a half feet broad, and have a pale, grayish skin often with discolored blotches and lines to give them a fearsome, mottled appearance. Eyes are in varying shades of red or pink. They wear drab clothing in black or dark grays, and seem to always don mournful expressions. Among all the races, they oppose undeath the most as they see it as a perversion of their god’s will. They are the caretakers of the dead, and often crusaders to stamp out any uprisings of undeath.
Racial Traits:
•+2 con +2 wis -2 cha -2 dex
•Medium Size
•30ft movement speed
•+1 to attack rolls against undead creatures.
•+2 bonus to Knowledge(religion) checks made to gather information on types of undead, or specific powerful undead (Such as a high- level lich)
•+2 bonus to will saves against spells from the necromancy school
•Life of sanctity: Bleak orcs build their entire life around the sanctity of death. If killed, any spell or effect that would animate [them] as an undead creature entitles the orc in question to a will save with a +2 sacred bonus. (DC= 10+ spell level + Caster’s relevant ability modifier)
•Automatic languages: Orc, common
•Bonus Languages: gnome, infernal, elven, dwarven
•Favored Class: Cleric

Bloodcrest orcs: Driven to madness by the first undead, Bloodcrest orcs have long since abandoned the ways of their counterparts and live in loose barbaric tribes in the eastern plains. Their skin is more of a light brown, and their heads crested with dark red, hence their name. Their society is based on rule by the strongest, and their objects of worship are usually outsiders of some sort, or occasionally dragons.
•+2 str +2 con -2 int -2 wis -2 cha
•Medium Size
•30ft movement speed
•+2 racial bonus to intimidate checks
•Automatic proficiencies with the following weapons: Short spear, handaxe, battle axe, spiked chain
•Weapon familiarity: orc double axes are considered martial weapons rather than exotic weapons.
•+2 bonus to will saves against mind affecting abilities and spells
•Automatic Languages: Common, Orc
•Bonus Languages: dwarven, giant, goblin
•Favored class:Barbarian

stolenchariot
2007-08-17, 05:57 PM
Classes

Table of Contents
Introduction
The World
Races
Classes
cosmology
Organizations

RESERVED

stolenchariot
2007-08-17, 05:58 PM
Cosmology

Table of Contents
Introduction
The World
Races
Classes
cosmology
Organizations

RESERVED

stolenchariot
2007-08-17, 05:59 PM
Organizations

Table of Contents
Introduction
The World
Races
Classes
cosmology
Organizations

RESERVED

stolenchariot
2007-08-17, 08:17 PM
This should be all the reserved posts I'll need for now. Most of this is still WIP, so bear with me nd critique whatever I already have up. Thanks

StickMan
2007-08-23, 09:51 PM
I've got to say I think the Centaur are a little on the under powered side still the could use a boost. I find the High Dwarves a little bland you may want to give them something that makes them interact with magic armor or weapons I know they are not the most combatish of the Dwarfs but if the had like reduce arcane spell failure by 5% I think that would be a good link to there old warrior traditions, I don't see dwarfs ever giving up combat completely the would most likly have a few gish warriors or something.

stolenchariot
2007-08-23, 09:54 PM
Honestly for the dwarves,I had imagined an entire social class consisting of gish (maybe some monk/ wizards too for some fun.) I do think the centaur seem a bit weak, but I'm not sure what to add to them without raising their LA.