PDA

View Full Version : How did we pick the good and bad colors for the guides?

MarkVIIIMarc
2017-11-07, 11:05 AM
First off the guides here are SUPER helpful and I have many bookmarked. Some of our members have taken alot of time to create them and I say thank you.

One thing though, I have been looking for a pattern with the color rankings and can't find it. Maybe its there, I just think differently.

Is there a reason we don't do warm colors good, cool colors bad or red is bad, deeper blue is cool?

OldTrees1
2017-11-07, 11:53 AM
First there were a handful of handbooks with different color guides.

Then there were several with one of two color guides.

Then there were many with one color guide.

The color guides were used to communicate, new people making the next handbook chose one of the color guides from one of the existing handbooks (possibly with a mutation). This means the color guides propagated as if they were heritable but were not being influenced by any natural selection. Genetic Drift resulted in fixation eventually. Thus we have one main color guide.

QuintonBeck
2017-11-07, 11:56 AM
First there were a handful of handbooks with different color guides.

Then there were several with one of two color guides.

Then there were many with one color guide.

The color guides were used to communicate, new people making the next handbook chose one of the color guides from one of the existing handbooks (possibly with a mutation). This means the color guides propagated as if they were heritable but were not being influenced by any natural selection. Genetic Drift resulted in fixation eventually. Thus we have one main color guide.

In other words (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dMjQ3hA9mEA)