PDA

View Full Version : Can a bladesinger wear elven chain?

Klorox
2017-11-07, 12:59 PM
I mean, can they wear elven chain and retain all their abilities?

DracoKnight
2017-11-07, 01:03 PM
I mean, can they wear elven chain and retain all their abilities?

By RAW, no. I might allow it if I was DMing. I would probably also say that it's not a +1 chain shirt, but instead a chain shirt that is light armor. So you'd calculate your armor as 13 + Dexterity. It'd essentially be +1 studded leather at my table.

KorvinStarmast
2017-11-07, 01:07 PM
Sure, if you spend the ASI/feat opportunities and get the Moderately Armored feat. :smallbiggrin:

DracoKnight
2017-11-07, 01:21 PM
Sure, if you spend the ASI/feat opportunities and get the Moderately Armored feat. :smallbiggrin:

Part of Elven Chain's magical properties is that you are proficient even if you're not proficient with Medium Armor.

Klorox
2017-11-07, 02:23 PM
I know any character can physically put the armor on.

I wanted to know if there was a way to wear the armor and use all your bladesinger abilities.

DracoKnight
2017-11-07, 02:25 PM
I wanted to know if there was a way to wear the armor and use all your bladesinger abilities.

By RAW, no. It's medium armor, and wearing medium armor shuts down Bladesingers.

Chugger
2017-11-07, 10:46 PM
They have insanely good armor if bladesinging and mage armored (and high int and dex). At lvl 8 you're looking at what, 13 ac from m.a., +5 from int, +3 from dex - that's 21 ac with no magic items. Add to that bracers of def, ion stone, ring of prot, and of course shield spell - you have really good ac. Being able to wear that armor would save you having to cast the m.a. spell (and what, give you one better) - but you're really hard to hit w/out that if bladesinging. And if not you got other caster-ways to evade damage.