PDA

View Full Version : The invincible Iron Fist (Paladin Redemption /Monk Kensai Multiclass idea)

BladeWing81
2017-11-07, 02:12 PM
If the UA subclasses suffer little to no Changes, I am Thinking of creating a viable Paladin oath of redemption/Monk way of the Kensai Multiclass character mainly using the Armor of peace of the Paladin as a better take on the Unarmored defense. Using a Human +1 and the point buy stat creation, I came up with this starting build

STR: 13
Dex: 16
Con: 14
Int: 9
Wis: 13
Cha: 14

The Idea is to start of as a Paladin from lvl 1 to 5 (or 6) with the Oath of Redemption using Armor of peace at lvl 4 my character will have AC 20 Armor of redemption if not changed in the final version will be 16 + 4 Dex. After that go all the way with Monk way of the Kensai which at Monk lvl 3 (8 total) will have 3 ki point for flurry of blows and an extra +2 AC (22 AC total) using Path of the Kensai Along with Shield, Shield of Fait and some good of fashioned smites from the Redemption Oath spell List.

This Build Will Make me a great front liner Tank along with a couple of good Attack options by way of the Kensai, Duelist Fighting style and Smites. I do realize that starting as a Paladin I'll Miss out on the Dex/Str saves from Monk and I have low Wis since it wont be crucial for this build.

Any thoughts on this? maybe something I'm missing

Arkhios
2017-11-07, 02:18 PM
If the UA subclasses suffer little to no Changes, I am Thinking of creating a viable Paladin oath of redemption/Monk way of the Kensai Multiclass character mainly using the Armor of peace of the Paladin as a better take on the Unarmored defense. Using a Human +1 and the point buy stat creation, I came up with this starting build

STR: 13
Dex: 16
Con: 14
Int: 9
Wis: 13
Cha: 14

The Idea is to start of as a Paladin from lvl 1 to 5 (or 6) with the Oath of Redemption using Armor of peace at lvl 4 my character will have AC 20 Armor of redemption if not changed in the final version will be 16 + 4 Dex. After that go all the way with Monk way of the Kensai which at Monk lvl 3 (8 total) will have 3 ki point for flurry of blows and an extra +2 AC (22 AC total) using Path of the Kensai Along with Shield, Shield of Fait and some good of fashioned smites from the Redemption Oath spell List.

This Build Will Make me a great front liner Tank along with a couple of good Attack options by way of the Kensai, Duelist Fighting style and Smites. I do realize that starting as a Paladin I'll Miss out on the Dex/Str saves from Monk and I have low Wis since it wont be crucial for this build.

Any thoughts on this? maybe something I'm missing

If you intended to replicate the MCU Iron Fist, you made the right call on Danny's Intelligence and Wisdom! Such a tool, but sure knows how to fight! :smallbiggrin:

Skyblaze
2017-11-07, 02:19 PM
I believe it has been confirmed that Oath of Redemption will not have the 16 + Dex AC.

BladeWing81
2017-11-07, 02:27 PM
I believe it has been confirmed that Oath of Redemption will not have the 16 + Dex AC.

If This is the case then The Build wont work as intended, does anyone know how will this be set?

BladeWing81
2017-11-07, 04:48 PM
If you intended to replicate the MCU Iron Fist, you made the right call on Danny's Intelligence and Wisdom! Such a tool, but sure knows how to fight! :smallbiggrin:

Not completely but yeah I guess I did hit the mark on that part.

Vaz
2017-11-07, 05:22 PM
If This is the case then The Build wont work as intended, does anyone know how will this be set?

Redemption Paladin is confirmed to have lost both of the L3 abilities that no other paladin recieves.

BladeWing81
2017-11-07, 11:41 PM
Redemption Paladin is confirmed to have lost both of the L3 abilities that no other paladin recieves.

Where can I see the final book version?

Arkhios
2017-11-07, 11:56 PM
Where can I see the final book version?

In the book when it's released, obviously.

Seriously though, I guess it's been previewed by someone who got the book early, but who due to the respect for certain "radio silence" won't just give away a full review.