View Full Version : Player Help Ranger Progression

Jexis
2017-11-07, 11:04 PM
Hi all,
I'm relatively new to to RPGS, having played a 1 shot at lvl 7, campaign lvl 4-5 in Pathfinder (ended b/c player conflict following in-game relationship and IRL breakup) and levels 1-6 in 5e (this game). So far, I'm playing Revised Ranger in a party with a fighter, sorcerer, and another sorcerer (who hasn't been around for about 4/5ths of the sessions so don't consider that). Here is my build so far.
STR: 12
DEX: 18
CON: 14
INT: 12
WIS: 18
CHA: 12
I have the Stealthy feat and chose Hunter's Conclave w/ Colossus Slayer. I primarily cast Cure Wounds, Hunter's Mark, and Pass Without Trace. I use the Archery fighting style w/ longbow but also dual-wield shortswords in close combat. I'm considering going Fighter, Rogue, or Cleric (in respective order of interest). I also don't know if the 7-8th lvl Ranger abilities are worth it (or anything afer 6). My favored enemies are Humanoid and Giant.
(RP Note: the fighter is a criminal and I've been his moral opposite for a decent amount of the campaign, drawing me away from rogue).
Also taking suggestions for if I should take ASI's or feats. Campaign expected to end around level 13.

KillianHawkeye
2017-11-08, 01:31 AM
You'll probably get more helpful information if you get this moved into the 5e subforum. Just report your own post and ask for it to be relocated to the proper area.

Jexis
2017-11-08, 03:31 AM
Thanks, have done so!