PDA

View Full Version : Adventure League clearivication to rebuild or remake

Jgosse
2017-11-08, 08:59 AM
hey guys, so I played AL a while back and decided to go back tonight. but I want to rebuild my character (or just build a new one).

Though an unrelated question, I did not have a DCI number the first time I played and so did not give that to the DM. Is that an issue?

I earned 300xp, 78.3 gold, 15 DT days, 1 renoown, and 0 MI( though I did get a raptor Egg ) I played a half elf Wizard with the Urban bounty hunter background because I wanted to play a castor but since then I have started to play a castor in a second game with some friends and want to play something more up close.

I have two Ideas
a Variant human swashbuckler(may grab 1-5 levels of fighter) With Magic Initiate (GFB, EB, and Hex)

or

a Goliath Rogue/Barbarian using STR based ATKs with a Short Sword or Scimitar to use Reckless ATK and sneak ATK in conjunction (I know it is not the best build I just think it be fun).

the Big questions are

Is the fact I did not have a DCI number the first time a problem? I do have the session number and his dci number.

is it better to just build a new character?

Can I use Point buy instead of the standard array?

Spookykid
2017-11-08, 10:18 AM
Is the fact I did not have a DCI number the first time a problem? I do have the session number and his dci number.

is it better to just build a new character?

Can I use Point buy instead of the standard array?

You dont need a dci number anymore to play, gm still needs one.
Its only 300 exp so no biggie, having multiple characters is always nice.
You can use point buy!

Jgosse
2017-11-08, 11:33 AM
You dont need a dci number anymore to play, gm still needs one.
Its only 300 exp so no biggie, having multiple characters is always nice.
You can use point buy!

Thanks for the information.