PDA

View Full Version : Useful Meathead

Malapterus
2017-11-08, 10:29 AM
I am looking into a very focused build & am concerned about it being -too- focused.

It's a Gestalt build with a Half-Giant Fighter/War Hulk.

Since this robs me of all mental skills I am concerned about being abke to contribute more than hitting things with my sword.

My dex and con will also be high.

So far I have:

Hit things with sword
Battlefield control with improved trip/bull rus/etc
High mobility from Str skills and Dex skills
Powerful & accurate ranged attacks from Brutal Throw, War Hulk, and Hulking Hurler
Arsenal of weapons due to extra feats

What are other things I can rig this character to do?

P.S. I am building this with the DM fiat that Powerful Build can replace the 'large' prereq

Grod_The_Giant
2017-11-08, 11:02 AM
You could take a few (or more!) levels of Incarnate and/or Totemist. Meldshaping can get you some impressive skill bonuses without needing to invest any ranks, thus neatly bypassing No Time To Think. Something like Fighter 5/War Hulk 5//Incarnate 3/Totemist 7 would add a ton of options to your build.

noob
2017-11-08, 11:04 AM
You can also break walls through damage.(Power attack for the win and there is a weapon that allows to ignore hardness even for stuff that have more than 20 hardness unlike adamentium)
Never forget how much quickly a good damage dealer can break stuff.
Take a dip in barbarian for the pounce(helps kill walls)

ShurikVch
2017-11-08, 11:16 AM
Dungeon Crasher ACF - to break things even better

No Time to Think (Ex): A character with levels in the war hulk prestige class is considered to have 0 ranks in all Intelligence-, Wisdom-, and Charisma-based skills (whether or not he has bought ranks in them previously). The only exception is the Intimidate skill, which works normally.Imperious Command feat and Zhentarim Soldier ACF - scare enemies into inaction!

Martial Study/Martial Stance feats - get access to Iron Heart Surge or White Raven Tactics...

khaldorgas
2017-11-08, 11:20 AM
Why not warhulk/Cleric of Strengh?

You could take Divine Metamagic and persistent spell, buff yourself with nice spells, (like divine power). You will have a lot of STR because Warhulk + persistent buffs + extra spells because cleric + chanel energy + Granted Power of Strength Domain

If you only using 3.5
You can perform a feat of strength as a supernatural ability. You gain an enhancement bonus to Strength equal to your cleric level. Activating the power is a free action, the power lasts 1 round, and it is usable once per day.

if you can use pathfinder (best)
Strength Surge (Sp): As a standard action, you can touch a creature to give it great strength. For 1 round, the target gains an enhancement bonus equal to 1/2 your cleric level (minimum +1) to melee attacks, combat maneuver checks that rely on Strength, Strength-based skills, and Strength checks. You can use this ability a number of times per day equal to 3 + your Wisdom modifier.

Might of the Gods (Su): At 8th level, you can add your cleric level as an enhancement bonus to your Strength score for a number of rounds per day equal to your cleric level. This bonus only applies on Strength checks and Strength-based skill checks. These rounds do not need to be consecutive

MaxiDuRaritry
2017-11-08, 12:07 PM
What are mea theas?

Grod_The_Giant
2017-11-08, 12:44 PM
What are mea theas?
I'm guessing a typo of "meathead."

Malapterus
2017-11-08, 07:02 PM
Anyone know a way to do damage as part of a proper Bull Rush? it seems like that would work well with Dungeon Crasher

Grod_The_Giant
2017-11-08, 07:13 PM
Anyone know a way to do damage as part of a proper Bull Rush? it seems like that would work well with Dungeon Crasher
Knockback from Races of Stone lets you bull rush after damaging someone. Does that count?

MaxiDuRaritry
2017-11-08, 07:16 PM
Anyone know a way to do damage as part of a proper Bull Rush? it seems like that would work well with Dungeon CrasherThe Knockback feat works well with a dungeon crasher. Whack someone and watch them fly; when they hit something, you deal additional damage to 'em.

[edit] Dungeon crasher'd.

Blue Jay
2017-11-08, 07:17 PM

Charging Minotaur is a 1st-level maneuver that deals a little extra damage (2d6+Str) with a charging Bull Rush. You can get it with a one-level dip in any ToB class.