PDA

View Full Version : Year of the yuri harem IC 16 "Things Fall Apart"

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

Illven
2017-11-08, 11:23 PM
Episode 21 Scene 4.

It's time. Jen wants to do some research on nymphs.

Because alot of your classmates are actually complaining about her being too touchy feely.

Or disturbing them with tales of the hunt.

So it's time for the library.

Allure =d6 Charm some students into helping you. +2 VP with Jen

Skill =d4 Do some basic research! YAY! +1 VP with Jen

Conflict =d7 Help Luna carry projects because she used her time productively. +2 VP with Luna.

Esprit15
2017-11-08, 11:58 PM
Taika heads over to talk to a few guys at the library. ”So, is that normal behavior for a nymph? There’s gotta be a book in here somewhere about their culture or something.”

Allure (+1), Witch (+2)

The TechnoGnome
2017-11-09, 11:15 PM
Mallory goes through the library, grabbing whatever books she can on French history and nymph culture, searching for whatever she can on nymphs, water nymphs, and the Stormsong clan specifically.

Strong Skill (+1), Fiendish Cunning (+2), +3 total.

GM_3826
2017-11-10, 06:02 PM
I literally do not know what is going on at all, so I'm just going to roll and we'll play things out at the end of this scene. Help me, Illven, please.

Devotion+Terrifying Presence=+3 Conflict

2017-11-12, 09:48 PM
Kristi did her part to help out, despite how her train of thought took regular detours towards lurid destinations and fantasies. There were a lot of cute guys and gals at this school, and she had a bit of a thing for the cute, quiet types she could spy on in the library...

Skill. No mods, +0 total.

Necroticplague
2017-11-13, 11:51 AM
Although she remains mostly unbothered, and unsure what the big deal is, this seems like something that could be an interesting point to look up anyway. History always has been so fascinating. SO, she throws in her little bit of aid in the library.
Strong SKill

7th son of sons
2017-11-13, 03:52 PM
Lauca wasn't sure she'd ever been in a library before. But once she was there, she was overwhelmed by just how many books and how much STUFF there was! It was exciting in some ways, but intimidating in other. So instead of going right to the books, she went right after the library assistants in search of help finding what she needed. Just like mom taught her!

Strong Allure +1 = +1

Zevox
2017-11-13, 10:37 PM
Tanya, while not one to avoid reading, was not especially familiar with the school library. Aside from a time or two they'd been brought her for a class, she'd never really bothered with it. So she figured it was probably best to ask for a little help here. She found a guy who looked like he probably knew the place well, and asked, "Uh, hey, got any clue where I can find stuff on Nymphs? I ain't real sure how this place is organized."

Strong Allure +1, Boyish Charm +1, Thaw Out +2 = +4 total.
Thaw Out on scene 1/3.

Illven
2017-11-13, 11:59 PM
Tanya, while not one to avoid reading, was not especially familiar with the school library. Aside from a time or two they'd been brought her for a class, she'd never really bothered with it. So she figured it was probably best to ask for a little help here. She found a guy who looked like he probably knew the place well, and asked, "Uh, hey, got any clue where I can find stuff on Nymphs? I ain't real sure how this place is organized."

Thaw Out on scene 1/3.

"I'm sorry. I'm new here this is my first day.. I have no clue, can you help me. I'm looking for the main office." The guy replies abit on edge.

Taika heads over to talk to a few guys at the library. ”So, is that normal behavior for a nymph? There’s gotta be a book in here somewhere about their culture or something.”

Allure (+1), Witch (+2)

"It's actually rather typical for her species." The tallest guy in the group pipes up. "My dad studies supernatural life forms, and I've learned quite a bit. Fire and Water nymphs tend to be extremely touchy feely. It's theorized that it's because most of them can tell sexuality by touch."

Kristi did her part to help out, despite how her train of thought took regular detours towards lurid destinations and fantasies. There were a lot of cute guys and gals at this school, and she had a bit of a thing for the cute, quiet types she could spy on in the library...

Skill. No mods, +0 total.

Kristi gets distracted by Effie doing a project of some kind.

"Stare any harder and you'll burn a hole through my shirt, what's up?" She teases.

Although she remains mostly unbothered, and unsure what the big deal is, this seems like something that could be an interesting point to look up anyway. History always has been so fascinating. SO, she throws in her little bit of aid in the library.
Strong SKill

P'ro'shi manages to find books after books on Water nymphs. In addition to learning that they are touchy feely, you note that most nymphs in the past have a heightened warlike culture, and that they are a matriarchal society where women are far more common births. (About 25 to 75)

"What are you looking at?" Agatha comments curious.

Mallory goes through the library, grabbing whatever books she can on French history and nymph culture, searching for whatever she can on nymphs, water nymphs, and the Stormsong clan specifically.

Strong Skill (+1), Fiendish Cunning (+2), +3 total.

Mallory finds out that in addition to the touchy feeling, nymphs have a heightened ability to regenerate, healing from wounds ten times as fast as humans. It won't save them from a hail of bullets, but nymphs are amazing patients for surgery.

You also get a text.

"Hey, we finally got a court date!" Your bff Catherine.

Lauca wasn't sure she'd ever been in a library before. But once she was there, she was overwhelmed by just how many books and how much STUFF there was! It was exciting in some ways, but intimidating in other. So instead of going right to the books, she went right after the library assistants in search of help finding what she needed. Just like mom taught her!

Strong Allure +1 = +1

"Oh yeah, the new teacher's a water nymph. We tried telling Ms.Smith that it was a sexual harassment case waiting to happen, but she insisted so as not to appear racist."

I literally do not know what is going on at all, so I'm just going to roll and we'll play things out at the end of this scene. Help me, Illven, please.

Devotion+Terrifying Presence=+3 Conflict

Today has been a good day for Morgan, she has finally made all her plans to help out the love of her life. The beautiful blonde sorceress seems to be struggling under the weight of all her projects.

As you help her, you notice a grin on her face. Heello. And what's your name, cutie?

Esprit15
2017-11-14, 01:08 AM
"Hm, oddly specific. Though it's the fey - they're all oddly specific," Taika says. "Well, thanks." Taika returns to Jen to tell her the news.

Illven
2017-11-14, 01:23 AM
"Hm, oddly specific. Though it's the fey - they're all oddly specific," Taika says. "Well, thanks." Taika returns to Jen to tell her the news.

So what did you find out? Jen remarks eagerly.

Esprit15
2017-11-14, 02:03 AM
So what did you find out? Jen remarks eagerly.

"Fire and water fey inherently have no respect for personal space or privacy. Supposedly she's trying to figure out people's sexuality, which apparently she can do at a touch," Taika says, her face clearly expressing discomfort at the thought.

Illven
2017-11-14, 02:26 AM
"Fire and water fey inherently have no respect for personal space or privacy. Supposedly she's trying to figure out people's sexuality, which apparently she can do at a touch," Taika says, her face clearly expressing discomfort at the thought.

Oh yeah. Didn't that nymph that ended up staying here for a month do that by scent instead. Jen half recollects.

Esprit15
2017-11-14, 02:29 AM
Oh yeah. Didn't that nymph that ended up staying here for a month do that by scent instead. Jen half recollects.

”I would not be entirely surprised...”

Illven
2017-11-14, 02:32 AM
”I would not be entirely surprised...”

I mean she immediately knew Agatha was straight. Jen remark.

Esprit15
2017-11-14, 03:25 AM
I mean she immediately knew Agatha was straight. Jen remark.

”Oh? I just thought it was obvious.”

Illven
2017-11-14, 03:32 AM
”Oh? I just thought it was obvious.”

Is it? Jen remarks cocking her head.

Esprit15
2017-11-14, 04:06 AM
Is it? Jen remarks cocking her head.

”Yeah. How she reacts to girls flirting with each other and her. How she looked at Nate even when he was uninterested in her while numerous girls were. She’s always been clearly straight as an arrow, or at least is extremely precise in her taste in girls.”

The TechnoGnome
2017-11-14, 11:13 AM
Mallory finds out that in addition to the touchy feeling, nymphs have a heightened ability to regenerate, healing from wounds ten times as fast as humans. It won't save them from a hail of bullets, but nymphs are amazing patients for surgery.

You also get a text.

"Hey, we finally got a court date!" Your bff Catherine.

Mallory lets out a huff of annoyance, not very happy at being interrupted in her research. Especially not by Catherine of all people. She texts a simple 'Good' back, then returns to reading, hoping to find information more specific to the Stormsong clan.

Necroticplague
2017-11-14, 11:45 AM
P'ro'shi manages to find books after books on Water nymphs. In addition to learning that they are touchy feely, you note that most nymphs in the past have a heightened warlike culture, and that they are a matriarchal society where women are far more common births. (About 25 to 75)

"What are you looking at?" Agatha comments curious.
"Eh, some of my friends seemed inspired by the new teach to look up about nymphic history, figured I'd join them. Surprised by the part about uneven gender ratios and matriarchy, you'd think the rarer sex would be de facto the one in charge."

7th son of sons
2017-11-14, 01:10 PM
"Oh yeah, the new teacher's a water nymph. We tried telling Ms.Smith that it was a sexual harassment case waiting to happen, but she insisted so as not to appear racist."

Are all of the water nymph's so huggy? Lauca inquired with a small tilt of the head. Why is that so bad?

Illven
2017-11-14, 02:10 PM
”Yeah. How she reacts to girls flirting with each other and her. How she looked at Nate even when he was uninterested in her while numerous girls were. She’s always been clearly straight as an arrow, or at least is extremely precise in her taste in girls.”

Did any girls flirt with her when the plant nymph was around, it was just us. And being interested in Nate, just tells me she's noy gay, it could mean she's bi.

Mallory lets out a huff of annoyance, not very happy at being interrupted in her research. Especially not by Catherine of all people. She texts a simple 'Good' back, then returns to reading, hoping to find information more specific to the Stormsong clan.

"So you'll help me get ready, right!?"

"Eh, some of my friends seemed inspired by the new teach to look up about nymphic history, figured I'd join them. Surprised by the part about uneven gender ratios and matriarchy, you'd think the rarer sex would be de facto the one in charge."

"Oh new teacher I'm guessing? I... don't really know enough to help. You might want to try talking to literally anyone else in this school." She adds with a slight teasing grin.

Are all of the water nymph's so huggy? Lauca inquired with a small tilt of the head. Why is that so bad?

"Most." The aide replies. "Because teachers really shouldn't be touching their students because it's easier to get accused of sexual harassment." The aide replies.

Esprit15
2017-11-14, 05:31 PM
”One or two, I think. And actively being uninterested strongly suggests that se was straight.”

Zevox
2017-11-14, 06:35 PM
"I'm sorry. I'm new here this is my first day.. I have no clue, can you help me. I'm looking for the main office." The guy replies abit on edge.
Tanya's eyebrow rose at that one. "Pretty late in the year for a first day," she remarked. "But, uh, yeah, it's..." she described how to find the main office from the library. "What'cha need from there?" she asked, curious.

7th son of sons
2017-11-14, 08:31 PM
"Most." The aide replies. "Because teachers really shouldn't be touching their students because it's easier to get accused of sexual harassment." The aide replies.

Oh that's not good, Lauca doesn't wanna get harassed

Illven
2017-11-14, 10:13 PM
”One or two, I think. And actively being uninterested strongly suggests that se was straight.”

I... don't remember that, I thought it was just us. Who flirted with Agatha among us. Jen remarks.

Tanya's eyebrow rose at that one. "Pretty late in the year for a first day," she remarked. "But, uh, yeah, it's..." she described how to find the main office from the library. "What'cha need from there?" she asked, curious.

"I know, my parents are idiots. I have a class where it's secretary work and we help the main office, but I I don't know where it is." He remarks.

Oh that's not good, Lauca doesn't wanna get harassed

"Well hopefully you won't. Just maybe keep a few steps back from her." The aide remarks.

Esprit15
2017-11-15, 12:02 AM
”Almost everyone that has since gotten into any relationships.”

Illven
2017-11-15, 12:32 AM
”Almost everyone that has since gotten into any relationships.”

So how would that plant nymph have just known normally is my point. Jen remarks.

The TechnoGnome
2017-11-15, 12:33 AM
"So you'll help me get ready, right!?"

Mallory scowled and angrily shot a text back.

Why do you need my help? All you need to do is give a testimony.

Illven
2017-11-15, 12:56 AM
Mallory scowled and angrily shot a text back.

Why do you need my help? All you need to do is give a testimony.

"Like how to look my best, and what not."

Esprit15
2017-11-15, 01:29 AM
So how would that plant nymph have just known normally is my point. Jen remarks.

”Basic observation? Decent gaydar?”

Illven
2017-11-15, 01:48 AM
”Basic observation? Decent gaydar?”

But she didn't have access to all the info we did. Jen remarks.

Esprit15
2017-11-15, 02:17 AM
But she didn't have access to all the info we did. Jen remarks.

”You do know what the term gaydar means, right?”

The TechnoGnome
2017-11-15, 05:30 AM
"Like how to look my best, and what not."

Just do what you do when you go somewhere important. Can't you find someone else to help you?

Illven
2017-11-15, 10:52 AM
”You do know what the term gaydar means, right?”

Like telling when someone's gay? Jen remarks.

Just do what you do when you go somewhere important. Can't you find someone else to help you?

"No. Most of my southington friends are worried they'll be murdered if they have more texts from me."

Esprit15
2017-11-15, 02:14 PM
”Yes, normally by picking up on subtle cues.”

7th son of sons
2017-11-15, 04:47 PM
[COLOR="#0000FF"]"Well hopefully you won't. Just maybe keep a few steps back from her." The aide remarks.

Okay! I'll stay a little bit away! Lauca agreed without hesitation

The TechnoGnome
2017-11-15, 06:33 PM
"No. Most of my southington friends are worried they'll be murdered if they have more texts from me."

And your parents? Siblings? What about them?

Zevox
2017-11-15, 10:24 PM
"I know, my parents are idiots. I have a class where it's secretary work and we help the main office, but I I don't know where it is." He remarks.
"Uh, though I just told'ja," Tanya said scratching her head, though she repeated the directions to be sure he got them. "Though, sheesh, somethin' your parents did? I'd've assumed it was some crazy transfer situation..."

Illven
2017-11-15, 10:51 PM
”Yes, normally by picking up on subtle cues.”

What cues would she have picked up on though. Jennifer muses.

Okay! I'll stay a little bit away! Lauca agreed without hesitation

"That would be a really good idea." The aide remarks.

And your parents? Siblings? What about them?

"I'm an only child, you know that, silly Malone."

Illven
2017-11-15, 10:56 PM
"Uh, though I just told'ja," Tanya said scratching her head, though she repeated the directions to be sure he got them. "Though, sheesh, somethin' your parents did? I'd've assumed it was some crazy transfer situation..."

"They accepted a new job now instead of waiting a month and a half." He remarks. "And I met to say didn't."

Esprit15
2017-11-15, 11:23 PM
”Tone, body language, interactions with others, even facial structure. It’s one of those cases where any one piece doesn’t mean anything, but together they do.”

Illven
2017-11-15, 11:26 PM
”Tone, body language, interactions with others, even facial structure. It’s one of those cases where any one piece doesn’t mean anything, but together they do.”

Facial structure? Jen remarks.

Esprit15
2017-11-15, 11:38 PM
Facial structure? Jen remarks.

”Yeah. There is a genetic predisposition after all. Look, you don’t have to have someone tell you they are straight or not to be able to hazard a likely guess.”

Illven
2017-11-15, 11:59 PM
”Yeah. There is a genetic predisposition after all. Look, you don’t have to have someone tell you they are straight or not to be able to hazard a likely guess.”

Huh. That's interesting. Jen remarks.

The TechnoGnome
2017-11-16, 01:37 AM
"I'm an only child, you know that, silly Malone."

Actually, I didn't. Now go bother your parents or something, I'm busy.

Frustrated that she isn't turning up anything new, Mallory looks around the library for one of her companion, hoping to compare results with them.

Illven
2017-11-16, 02:48 AM
Actually, I didn't. Now go bother your parents or something, I'm busy.

Frustrated that she isn't turning up anything new, Mallory looks around the library for one of her companion, hoping to compare results with them.

You find, a Tanya, talking with someone.

What do you do?

Zevox
2017-11-16, 09:51 PM
"They accepted a new job now instead of waiting a month and a half." He remarks. "And I met to say didn't."
"Oh," Tanya said in slight surprise. "That... ain't crazy at all, actually. Makes sense. Huh."

Illven
2017-11-16, 09:58 PM
"Oh," Tanya said in slight surprise. "That... ain't crazy at all, actually. Makes sense. Huh."

"But I'm probably going to fail all of my finals." He remarks.

Zevox
2017-11-16, 10:38 PM
"But I'm probably going to fail all of my finals." He remarks.
"Yeah, that'd blow alright..." Tanya says sympathetically. "Well, dependin' on which teachers you've got. I mean, ain't like they don't know you just started so close to the end of the year, some of 'em at least'll cut you some slack."

Illven
2017-11-17, 12:18 AM
"Yeah, that'd blow alright..." Tanya says sympathetically. "Well, dependin' on which teachers you've got. I mean, ain't like they don't know you just started so close to the end of the year, some of 'em at least'll cut you some slack."

"Which ones do you think are likely to do that?" He asks with a hopeful smile.

Zevox
2017-11-17, 10:13 PM
"Which ones do you think are likely to do that?" He asks with a hopeful smile.
"Probably most of the ones I know, honestly. Main one to worry about'd be if you've got Ms. Smith for history - weirdly enough, she's a lot less lax as a teacher than she is as a principal," she remarked with a shrug.

Illven
2017-11-17, 11:33 PM
"Probably most of the ones I know, honestly. Main one to worry about'd be if you've got Ms. Smith for history - weirdly enough, she's a lot less lax as a teacher than she is as a principal," she remarked with a shrug.

"Wait, how does that make sense? You think she'd be more strict, not less with more responsibilities?" He comments.

Zevox
2017-11-18, 01:16 AM
"Wait, how does that make sense? You think she'd be more strict, not less with more responsibilities?" He comments.
"Dude, that's the million dollar question. Me 'n Mal - er, that's my girlfriend - have been askin' ourselves that ever since she took over for Mr. Hann. Aside from this one field trip she ain't ever been any good at the whole principal thing, but she's actually been a pretty decent history teacher - it's weird, even for this place."

Illven
2017-11-18, 02:48 AM
"Dude, that's the million dollar question. Me 'n Mal - er, that's my girlfriend - have been askin' ourselves that ever since she took over for Mr. Hann. Aside from this one field trip she ain't ever been any good at the whole principal thing, but she's actually been a pretty decent history teacher - it's weird, even for this place."

"What field trip. Was it like a historical one?" The kid asks.

The TechnoGnome
2017-11-18, 05:40 AM
"It was Salem, so I suppose you could say that," Mallory said, inserting herself into the conversation, "My apologies, I heard Tanya say my name and just had to come over and see who her new friend is."

Illven
2017-11-18, 12:10 PM
"It was Salem, so I suppose you could say that," Mallory said, inserting herself into the conversation, "My apologies, I heard Tanya say my name and just had to come over and see who her new friend is."

"Andrew." He said extending his hand. "Maybe she only gives a **** about history?" He muses out loud.

Zevox
2017-11-18, 09:58 PM

"Andrew." He said extending his hand. "Maybe she only gives a **** about history?" He muses out loud.
"Nah, the field trip seemed to be more a matter of how da**ed awful the place was, I think," Tanya answered, before giving her girlfriend a smile. "Heya Scout. Yeah, I tried askin' Andrew if he knew where to find stuff on Nymphs, but turns out it's his first day, so, y'know, no luck there. You get anything yet?"

The TechnoGnome
2017-11-18, 10:23 PM

"If only she cared about her actual job that much," Mallory said, shaking his hand, "Mallory Malone."

"Nah, the field trip seemed to be more a matter of how da**ed awful the place was, I think," Tanya answered, before giving her girlfriend a smile. "Heya Scout. Yeah, I tried askin' Andrew if he knew where to find stuff on Nymphs, but turns out it's his first day, so, y'know, no luck there. You get anything yet?"

"Only the basics of nymph biology," Mallory said with a frown, "I was hoping you had better luck with finding more specific information pertaining to her tribe of origin."

Zevox
2017-11-19, 01:39 AM
"If only she cared about her actual job that much," Mallory said, shaking his hand, "Mallory Malone."

"Only the basics of nymph biology," Mallory said with a frown, "I was hoping you had better luck with finding more specific information pertaining to her tribe of origin."
"Nah, I got nothin'. That's a good idea though - except, uh, did she say what her tribe's name was?"

Illven
2017-11-21, 08:19 PM
Episode 21 Scene 5

"Look, I'm just saying, cultural ignorance shouldn't get her fired, we just need to tell her that that behavior isn't appropriate for a teacher and she'll stop." You hear the voice of Ashley, Mallory's captain speaking up.

"Oh right, because the schools in France totally allow this crap." Steven remarks, before twirling around and transforming into his true magical boy form. "I work for a fire nymph, and she doesn't feel me up." (Those that succeeded on the skill check last scene know that fire nymphs also have touch sense and are typically as touchy feely as water nymphs)

"I'm like 99 percent sure, she hasn't felt anyone up." Ashley remarks.

"My point is. It isn't a cultural clash, she shouldn't be teaching if she's going to "hug" all of the children." Steven continues. "She needs to go, before some poor student gets ideas."

Oh god. An argument. Who's side are you going to take?

Pick who you want to back in your roll. Highest roll shapes the episode

Allure =Make a heartfelt plea. +2 VP with Luna.

Skill =It's logic time. +2 VP with Luna.

The TechnoGnome
2017-11-22, 01:18 AM
"I agree with Steve on this," Mallory said, stepping up to her captain, "Regardless of whether this is cultural ignorance or not, she needs to be capable of following our regulations if she is going to teach in our school. Excusing her actions isn't going to help her learn, and if she is incapable or unwilling to change, she should not be allowed to teach here."

Strong Skill (+1), +1 total.

Necroticplague
2017-11-22, 10:46 AM
"How freaking long are you prudes gonna be stuck up on this? There's a massive gulp between 'hugging students as a greeting' and 'sleeping with a student' or 'feeling up a student'. That's just an irrational Slippery Slope fallacy not much different from 'first, you let same-sex couples marry, soon enough, you'll have people marrying their horses!'. Of what actual relevance if she doesn't meat your ultimately arbitrary standards of 'professionalism'? Any basic sense of fairness at least dictates warning her before moving to remove her."
To try and help make her own point with an ill-thought demonstration. She makes a motion towards the magic boy two cords from her neck grabbing at his arms before putting on the best mockery of his voice she can manage "Help, Help, officer."
"This is a ridiculous overeaction."
Normal Allure, +2 Touchy Spot
Backing up Ashley.

Esprit15
2017-11-22, 09:01 PM
"P'ro'shi has a point, Mal. At the very least she is deserving of a warning before punitive actions are necessary," Taika says, trying to calm the demoness. "If she responds poorly after being corrected, then sure, throw the book at her, but I don't see this as being different than how a kiss on the cheek being how friends greet each other in some cultures. It is not as though she persisted when students objected."
Allure (+1), Witch (+2)

Zevox
2017-11-23, 12:44 PM
Tanya looked a bit quizzically at her girlfriend after she had made her argument. "Uh, Mal? Think you just made Ashley's case for her," she remarked. "You just said 'if she ain't willing to change' - which ain't happened yet, 'cause she ain't been talked to about this. Which is all Ashley's sayin' to do. I mean, c'mon, I'm no lawyer here but even I know that firin' someone over somethin' like this without even tryin' to see if they can just be talked to about it and change it don't make any sense."

Thaw Out on scene 2/3.

Edit: supporting Ashley, obviously.

7th son of sons
2017-11-26, 05:07 PM
Yeah, Ash-e-ley is right! Lauca chimes in. She's not even doing anything bad! She's just being really nice and friendly because she's new and she doesn't know! Just like Lauca used to not know!

Strong Allure +1 = +1
supporting Ash

2017-11-27, 08:46 PM
"I don't really see the problem," Kristi spoke up. "I mean yeah, if you don't wanna be hugged,
let her know you prefer your personal space, but as far as baseball metaphors go, you're complaining about a teacher coming up to bat when the principal is constantly trying to steal home plate. Nymphs aren't quite like succubi - the knowledge of the inherent naughtiness of casual intimacy isn't hardwired into their brains, they need to be told there are boundaries."

Allure, supporting Ashley. Strong roll 1+Boyish Charm 1+Thaw Out 2=+4. Activating Thaw Out.

Illven
2017-11-27, 11:05 PM
"I don't really see the problem," Kristi spoke up. "I mean yeah, if you don't wanna be hugged,
let her know you prefer your personal space, but as far as baseball metaphors go, you're complaining about a teacher coming up to bat when the principal is constantly trying to steal home plate. Nymphs aren't quite like succubi - the knowledge of the inherent naughtiness of casual intimacy isn't hardwired into their brains, they need to be told there are boundaries."

Allure, supporting Ashley. Strong roll 1+Boyish Charm 1+Thaw Out 2=+4. Activating Thaw Out.

Wait! Wait! Luna replies concerned. Ms.Smith is trying to sleep with you? She asks very very concerned. Are you okay!?

You're pretty sure you heard Jen mutter lucky.

"I agree with Steve on this," Mallory said, stepping up to her captain, "Regardless of whether this is cultural ignorance or not, she needs to be capable of following our regulations if she is going to teach in our school. Excusing her actions isn't going to help her learn, and if she is incapable or unwilling to change, she should not be allowed to teach here."

Strong Skill (+1), +1 total.

However you do feel Steven be swayed by all the cute girls into accepting their ideas of. Asking her to stop.

The monsters.

What do you all do?

Zevox
2017-11-28, 12:10 AM
Wait! Wait! Luna replies concerned. Ms.Smith is trying to sleep with you? She asks very very concerned. Are you okay!?

You're pretty sure you heard Jen mutter lucky.
"...think you mean 'creepy,' Dove," Tanya remarked, giving her friend a look - but one that definitely didn't have as much bite to it as she meant it to, since she found herself feeling briefly jealous of Ms. Smith. Not that she wanted to be anything like their principal, of course, it was just Jen...

She buried that thought in a hurry, and hoped nothing about it had shown on her face. Sheesh, where had that come from? She'd thought she was past that, now that she and Mal were dating.

"I mean," she started, picking up what she'd meant to be saying, "if that's what Kristi's implyin', it'd be kinda important, actually. That'd be somethin' big Scout could use in tryin' to get Ms. Smith fired - right?" she asked her girlfriend.

Illven
2017-11-28, 12:17 AM
"...think you mean 'creepy,' Dove," Tanya remarked, giving her friend a look - but one that definitely didn't have as much bite to it as she meant it to, since she found herself feeling briefly jealous of Ms. Smith. Not that she wanted to be anything like their principal, of course, it was just Jen...

She buried that thought in a hurry, and hoped nothing about it had shown on her face. Sheesh, where had that come from? She'd thought she was past that, now that she and Mal were dating.

"I mean," she started, picking up what she'd meant to be saying, "if that's what Kristi's implyin', it'd be kinda important, actually. That'd be somethin' big Scout could use in tryin' to get Ms. Smith fired - right?" she asked her girlfriend.

I'm kinda infinitely more concerned with Kristi's mental health here. Luna cuts in.

Esprit15
2017-11-28, 12:43 AM
Taika gives a rather surprised look to Jen. ”Did I hear that right?”

Illven
2017-11-28, 01:02 AM
Taika gives a rather surprised look to Jen. ”Did I hear that right?”

You know I like older women. Jen remarks awkwardly rubbing her other arm.

Esprit15
2017-11-28, 01:23 AM

”Nope, I must have missed it,” Taika says, formulas and incantations to make herself look older begin to take form in her head.

7th son of sons
2017-11-28, 01:24 AM

You would be cute together! Lauca pointed out unhelpfully.

Illven
2017-11-28, 01:35 AM
”Nope, I must have missed it,” Taika says, formulas and incantations to make herself look older begin to take form in her head.

Huh... I thought it was obvious. Jen replies.

You would be cute together! Lauca pointed out unhelpfully.

Heh. Thanks, but as physically attractive as she is, she doesn't have alot of.... um... common sense. Jen replies.

7th son of sons
2017-11-28, 01:37 AM
Heh. Thanks, but as physically attractive as she is, she doesn't have alot of.... um... common sense. Jen replies.

Neither does Lauca, and Lauca would still date herself! Lauca explained with some level of self reflection. And Luna still dates her too!

2017-11-28, 01:40 AM
Kristi blushes and looks down. "No! No, it's...nothing like that, I'm just exaggerating a bit based on her behavior in general. It's just...well, you know how she is with most anybody in a skirt. I mean, I don't think she's like that with students, but she doesn't exactly hold back from flirting when students are present - it's just, y'know, done with other adults." Kristi pauses, thinking. "I don't see her around students much, since I mostly try to avoid getting in trouble, but when I see her, it's usually when I'm with Effie and they end up hugging. If she's not like that with other students, it's probably about something else rather than her just being touchy with our peers."

"I dunno, the metaphor made more sense in my head. She's not doing anything bad, I think, she's just...clearly a lot more intentionally sexual on-the-job than Ms Stormsong."

Illven
2017-11-28, 01:42 AM
Neither does Lauca, and Lauca would still date herself! Lauca explained with some level of self reflection. And Luna still dates her too!

Well uh people want different things out of their partners.

Kristi blushes and looks down. "No! No, it's...nothing like that, I'm just exaggerating a bit based on her behavior in general. It's just...well, you know how she is with most anybody in a skirt. I mean, I don't think she's like that with students, but she doesn't exactly hold back from flirting when students are present - it's just, y'know, done with other adults." Kristi pauses, thinking. "I don't see her around students much, since I mostly try to avoid getting in trouble, but when I see her, it's usually when I'm with Effie and they end up hugging. If she's not like that with other students, it's probably about something else rather than her just being touchy with our peers."

"I dunno, the metaphor made more sense in my head. She's not doing anything bad, I think, she's just...clearly a lot more intentionally sexual on-the-job than Ms Stormsong."

Oh I don't give a **** if she's banging every teacher in this school.... Well I mean unless she's coerincing them. I was just concerned she was touching students. Luna replies.

Esprit15
2017-11-28, 01:47 AM
”I’m kinda bad at noticing other people’s interests...” Taika says, thinking back to her disastrous attempt to pair Nate and Agatha together.

7th son of sons
2017-11-28, 10:42 AM
Well uh people want different things out of their partners.

Oh I don't give a **** if she's banging every teacher in this school.... Well I mean unless she's coerincing them. I was just concerned she was touching students. Luna replies.

At this Lauca draped her arms around Luna. Ms. Smith and Ms. Stormsong would get along good together!

Illven
2017-11-28, 09:52 PM
”I’m kinda bad at noticing other people’s interests...” Taika says, thinking back to her disastrous attempt to pair Nate and Agatha together.

Huh. I didn't notice. Jen remarked.

At this Lauca draped her arms around Luna. Ms. Smith and Ms. Stormsong would get along good together!

I'm sure they'd like it. Luna chuckles.

Esprit15
2017-11-28, 10:29 PM
Huh. I didn't notice. Jen remarked.

I'm sure they'd like it. Luna chuckles.

Ironic. ”Well, never the less, it sounds like they want to give her a chance.” Ooh! Maybe next year at Halloween, she could dress up as a sexy teacher. That would get Jen’s attention.

Illven
2017-11-28, 10:35 PM
Ironic. ”Well, never the less, it sounds like they want to give her a chance.” Ooh! Maybe next year at Halloween, she could dress up as a sexy teacher. That would get Jen’s attention.

Yeah, sorry Mal. Jen remarked.

Esprit15
2017-11-28, 10:49 PM
"Nothing to be sorry about," Taika says, shooting a small glare at Mal. "For someone who is unhappy about how they come off to other people, you're awfully quick to throw the book at someone for any slight infraction."

The TechnoGnome
2017-11-29, 04:54 AM

"It would be, if it was anything substantial," Mallory replies with a frown, "As is, hearsay could potentially get her in trouble, but without definitive proof it would most likely simply result in a warning."

"Nothing to be sorry about," Taika says, shooting a small glare at Mal. "For someone who is unhappy about how they come off to other people, you're awfully quick to throw the book at someone for any slight infraction."

"Well maybe if doing anything less actually worked, I might be more open to leniency," Mallory snaps back, "But prior experience has shown that to not be the case."

Illven
2017-11-29, 02:27 PM
"It would be, if it was anything substantial," Mallory replies with a frown, "As is, hearsay could potentially get her in trouble, but without definitive proof it would most likely simply result in a warning."

"Well maybe if doing anything less actually worked, I might be more open to leniency," Mallory snaps back, "But prior experience has shown that to not be the case."

Didn't you get Alex to calm down quite a bit by leniency. Jen remarked.

The TechnoGnome
2017-11-29, 05:00 PM
Didn't you get Alex to calm down quite a bit by leniency. Jen remarked.

"Barely," Mallory said with a frown, "Calling what I had with her 'progress' is quite the stretch. It was more of a 'truce' than anything else."

Illven
2017-11-29, 05:04 PM
"Barely," Mallory said with a frown, "Calling what I had with her 'progress' is quite the stretch. It was more of a 'truce' than anything else."

I don't think it's a stretch. What would you call a stretch? Jen remarks.

7th son of sons
2017-11-29, 07:30 PM

Putting your leg behind your head

The TechnoGnome
2017-11-29, 07:49 PM

Putting your leg behind your head

"That's a metaphor, Lauca," Mallory corrected her gently, "We are not talking about literal stretches."

She turns back to Jennifer and harshly says, "Tell me, how had Alex's behavior change due to me being lenient? Because I could hardly tell the difference between her behavior when we first met her and when she distanced herself from us. She still has no respect for the law, she still is lewd and crude almost constantly, and she still has anger issues so severe that they make me look like a Tibetan monk."

Illven
2017-11-29, 08:22 PM
"That's a metaphor, Lauca," Mallory corrected her gently, "We are not talking about literal stretches."

She turns back to Jennifer and harshly says, "Tell me, how had Alex's behavior change due to me being lenient? Because I could hardly tell the difference between her behavior when we first met her and when she distanced herself from us. She still has no respect for the law, she still is lewd and crude almost constantly, and she still has anger issues so severe that they make me look like a Tibetan monk."

She respected you, and you are the law. Jen remarks.

The TechnoGnome
2017-11-30, 04:19 PM
She respected you, and you are the law. Jen remarks.

"I... I am not the law," Mallory said, though she couldn't entirely hide how flattered she was with the comparison, "I'm just a teenage demon who has a respect for it. She respected me as a friend, but it didn't change her attitude towards others, and certainly didn't result in her following the rules any more than she already did. The only person who pulled that off was Ms. Edwards, who did it by being strict and maternal, and even then it only really worked in regards to her class."

Illven
2017-11-30, 04:25 PM
"I... I am not the law," Mallory said, though she couldn't entirely hide how flattered she was with the comparison, "I'm just a teenage demon who has a respect for it. She respected me as a friend, but it didn't change her attitude towards others, and certainly didn't result in her following the rules any more than she already did. The only person who pulled that off was Ms. Edwards, who did it by being strict and maternal, and even then it only really worked in regards to her class."

Eh... Based on what Alex told me of her parents, Ms.Edwards wasn't that strict to her.

The TechnoGnome
2017-11-30, 04:37 PM
Eh... Based on what Alex told me of her parents, Ms.Edwards wasn't that strict to her.

"She still wouldn't let Alex skip classes if she could help it," Mallory pointed out, "And if she was more strict, Alex might have made more of an effort to be less... well, troublesome is the closest word I can think of."

Illven
2017-11-30, 05:30 PM
"She still wouldn't let Alex skip classes if she could help it," Mallory pointed out, "And if she was more strict, Alex might have made more of an effort to be less... well, troublesome is the closest word I can think of."

Not letting you skip classes sounds normal. I mean strict in the sense of be our doll for us to dress up as you wish. Jen remarks.

Illven
2017-12-06, 11:30 PM
Episode 21 Scene 6

And now it's time to stage an intervention for Ms.Stormsong.

How are you going to help plan to calmly tell her in no uncertain terms that this is not okay behavior for a teacher?

Allure =d5 You're bringing the cookies to the planning! +1 VP with Luna.

Skill =d7 Come up with a detailed plan. +3 VP with Jen.

Luck =d6 Impromptu comedy act. +2 VP with Luna.

The TechnoGnome
2017-12-08, 04:51 AM
"What we need to do is approach her in the morning, once she arrives at school but before classes start. At that time of day, she will be more likely to listen, and not brush us off so she can get home faster. We'll also need to make sure we speak to her in a private place in order to minimize embarrassment on her end and make her less likely to rebel out of frustration. However, one of us should record the conversation as well, just in case she does continue her behavior and try to deny anyone warned her later. Since New York goes by the 'one party consent' law, doing so without her knowledge is perfectly legal as long as one of us starts the recording with a statement giving our consent to be recorded. We should definitely decide who will be doing the recording beforehand and how, though as the one who suggested it I would be the most likely candidate..."

Leave it to Mallory to make something as simple as a polite suggestion sound like a sociopolitical minefield.

Strong Skill (+1), Fiendish Cunning (+2), Connections? (+2), +2/+4 total.

Esprit15
2017-12-08, 01:50 PM
”Loath as I am to agree with treating this so insanely, I have to agree that Mal has the right idea. Would you mind letting me be the one to talk to her at least? No offense, but someone who doesn’t see her so hostily might be better to communicate the request.”

Before the interaction takes place, Taika offers a short prayer that it will all go smoothly, and that some of the others will do well as well in their own attempts to smooth this over.
Skill (Auto 6 from A Thousand Faces), Fortune Talisman (+2, Tanya if she sticks to Skill, or P’ro’shi if she changes)

Necroticplague
2017-12-12, 01:56 PM
"O.k, that recording law sounds hilariously screwed up and ripe for abuse in ways I'm certainly not gonna be keeping in mind for juvenile pranks later. More people just seems more confrontational, and more recordings are pointless. So I'll be off in the wing if you need me for some reason. If you need me for some reason, just give a shout and I can be there."Those two seemed to have it pretty well handled themselves.
Strong SKill.

2017-12-12, 09:15 PM
While she didn't have a huge problem with the teacher's behavior, Kristi still wanted to be more involved in the group's activitiesb so she decided she'd bring some cookies to the intervention, make it so there was something comforting there for everybody. She even busted out an old secret ingredient she'd used back when she'd run a nice little bakery that made the assortment of cookies sinfully delicious!

Allure. Strong 1+Boyish Charm 1+Thaw Out 2+Temptation 2=+6.

Activating temptation.

Zevox
2017-12-12, 09:51 PM
"Don't sound insane at all," Tanya commented, slightly confused at Taika's remark. "Overthinkin' it a bit maybe, but all makes sense to me. Anyway, sounds like a plan. What'cha think I could do?" she asked.

Skill, Thaw Out -2 = -2 total.
Thaw Out on scene 3/3.

Illven
2017-12-13, 01:26 AM
While she didn't have a huge problem with the teacher's behavior, Kristi still wanted to be more involved in the group's activitiesb so she decided she'd bring some cookies to the intervention, make it so there was something comforting there for everybody. She even busted out an old secret ingredient she'd used back when she'd run a nice little bakery that made the assortment of cookies sinfully delicious!

Allure. Strong 1+Boyish Charm 1+Thaw Out 2+Temptation 2=+6.

Activating temptation.

And lo were Kristi's cookies sinfully delicious.

Onom, nom! Luna says as she eats her sixth cookie. Have you ever considered a career in baking?

"What we need to do is approach her in the morning, once she arrives at school but before classes start. At that time of day, she will be more likely to listen, and not brush us off so she can get home faster. We'll also need to make sure we speak to her in a private place in order to minimize embarrassment on her end and make her less likely to rebel out of frustration. However, one of us should record the conversation as well, just in case she does continue her behavior and try to deny anyone warned her later. Since New York goes by the 'one party consent' law, doing so without her knowledge is perfectly legal as long as one of us starts the recording with a statement giving our consent to be recorded. We should definitely decide who will be doing the recording beforehand and how, though as the one who suggested it I would be the most likely candidate..."

Leave it to Mallory to make something as simple as a polite suggestion sound like a sociopolitical minefield.

Strong Skill (+1), Fiendish Cunning (+2), Connections? (+2), +2/+4 total.

Well since it'd be our phone, wouldn't it be obvious that we consent to being recorded? Jen remarks. Or are you worried a lawyer would claim buttdial.

”Loath as I am to agree with treating this so insanely, I have to agree that Mal has the right idea. Would you mind letting me be the one to talk to her at least? No offense, but someone who doesn’t see her so hostily might be better to communicate the request.”

Before the interaction takes place, Taika offers a short prayer that it will all go smoothly, and that some of the others will do well as well in their own attempts to smooth this over.
Skill (Auto 6 from A Thousand Faces), Fortune Talisman (+2, Tanya if she sticks to Skill, or P’ro’shi if she changes)

Yeah, if you want to be the one to do it. Makes sense. Jen agrees.

Any more preparations any of you can think of, for tomorrow? Jen remarks.

The TechnoGnome
2017-12-13, 01:46 AM
Well since it'd be our phone, wouldn't it be obvious that we consent to being recorded? Jen remarks. Or are you worried a lawyer would claim buttdial.

"Or that the phone was hacked by a third party, or stolen," Mallory explained, "And regardless of how obvious it may be who recorded it, without an explicit statement of consent it won't be admissible in court."

Illven
2017-12-13, 02:19 AM
"Or that the phone was hacked by a third party, or stolen," Mallory explained, "And regardless of how obvious it may be who recorded it, without an explicit statement of consent it won't be admissible in court."

Stolen by who if I'm there. Jen remarks.

The TechnoGnome
2017-12-13, 06:44 AM
Stolen by who if I'm there. Jen remarks.

"That's not the point," Mallory said in exasperation, "It's a law that covers more than just phone recordings, so there can't be any ambiguity that the recording was consensual."

Esprit15
2017-12-13, 07:11 AM
”I think the recording is the only part of this that has a chance of getting awkward,” Taika says in response.

Illven
2017-12-13, 11:17 AM
"That's not the point," Mallory said in exasperation, "It's a law that covers more than just phone recordings, so there can't be any ambiguity that the recording was consensual."

What else does it cover? Jen remarks.

”I think the recording is the only part of this that has a chance of getting awkward,” Taika says in response.

Why would it be awkward? Jen remarked.

Esprit15
2017-12-13, 12:31 PM
”Awkward as in something going wrong.”

The TechnoGnome
2017-12-13, 03:10 PM
What else does it cover? Jen remarks.

"Pretty much any kind of audio-only recording done by a civilian other than those that are sold commercially such as music tracks and audiobooks."

"Well we'll just have to be careful how we go about it then."

Illven
2017-12-13, 09:59 PM

Like the phone dying? Jen questioned.

"Pretty much any kind of audio-only recording done by a civilian other than those that are sold commercially such as music tracks and audiobooks."

"Well we'll just have to be careful how we go about it then."

Oh huh.... What about video as well? Jen remarked.

Esprit15
2017-12-13, 11:48 PM
”Exactly, the odds of which are rather low as long as we make sure it is fully charged.”

Illven
2017-12-14, 12:13 AM
”Exactly, the odds of which are rather low as long as we make sure it is fully charged.”

Especially if Luna supercharges it. Jen remarks.

Necroticplague
2017-12-14, 01:06 AM
Like the phone dying? Jen questioned.

Oh huh.... What about video as well? Jen remarked.

"Or, the more likely, noticing she's being recorded, and questioning it. Even if we have ultimately benign reasons for doing so (we don't), it's not a good foot to start on.

Thus, why sticking to audio's best, either way. cameras need to be visible."

Illven
2017-12-14, 01:24 AM
"Or, the more likely, noticing she's being recorded, and questioning it. Even if we have ultimately benign reasons for doing so (we don't), it's not a good foot to start on.

Thus, why sticking to audio's best, either way. cameras need to be visible."

Huh. That's a fair point. Jen replies.

The TechnoGnome
2017-12-15, 04:27 AM
"Exactly. Hence why audio is both better for secret surveillance and more strict when it comes to consent laws."

Illven
2017-12-15, 11:57 AM
"Exactly. Hence why audio is both better for secret surveillance and more strict when it comes to consent laws."

Wonder why they don't use the two party consent laws then. Jen muses.

The TechnoGnome
2017-12-15, 03:13 PM

"Some states do," Mallory pointed out, "For one reason or another, New York is not one of them."

Necroticplague
2017-12-15, 03:16 PM

"The optimist in me says 'to make it easier on those recording in public spaces'. The pessimist says 'to make it easier to not need to bother with warrants and other silly pieces of due process.'"

Illven
2017-12-15, 11:11 PM
"Some states do," Mallory pointed out, "For one reason or another, New York is not one of them."

See below post.

"The optimist in me says 'to make it easier on those recording in public spaces'. The pessimist says 'to make it easier to not need to bother with warrants and other silly pieces of due process.'"

Well can the police lie, if you ask if they are recording you? Jen asks.

The TechnoGnome
2017-12-17, 01:37 AM
Well can the police lie, if you ask if they are recording you? Jen asks.

"I believe so, unless they have you detained," Mallory said, "After all, recording devices are an integral part of undercover sting operations."

Illven
2017-12-17, 01:49 AM
"I believe so, unless they have you detained," Mallory said, "After all, recording devices are an integral part of undercover sting operations."

Then all those laws shows are a lie? Jen pipes up.

The TechnoGnome
2017-12-17, 05:02 AM
Then all those laws shows are a lie? Jen pipes up.

"If you are referring to the commonly held misconception that a police officer has to tell you they are a cop if asked, then yes," Mallory said, "If a cop wasn't allowed to lie, they would be far less effective at taking down more intricate criminal rings."

Illven
2017-12-17, 10:52 AM
"If you are referring to the commonly held misconception that a police officer has to tell you they are a cop if asked, then yes," Mallory said, "If a cop wasn't allowed to lie, they would be far less effective at taking down more intricate criminal rings."

But lying is bad... Jen says clearing teasing.

Illven
2017-12-21, 02:40 PM
Episode 21 Scene 7

And now you're outside the door to Ms.Stormsong's new classroom.

Any final preparations you need or want to make

Allure =d4 Looking your best. +1 VP with Jen.

Skill =d8 Google Nymph culture really quickly. +3 VP with Jen.

Conflict =d6 Sparta kick the door. +2 VP with Jen.

Luck =d5 Have something fortuitous happen. +1 VP with Luna.

Esprit15
2017-12-22, 12:56 AM
Taika simply straightens her posture and brushes off any wrinkles or dirt on her dress before entering the room. She also makes sure to turn on the record function of her phone before stepping in, whispering her consent to record into the speaker before slipping it back into her pocket.
Allure (+1), Witch (+2)

A Thousand Faces (Natural 1)

Necroticplague
2017-12-24, 05:12 PM
P'ro'shi, in keeping with her earlier words, does not go to confront the teacher, instead merely staking out in the nearby hall, trying to cooperate between respecting and being there if help if needed.
Weak Luck.

7th son of sons
2017-12-27, 08:37 PM
Lauca, running late to the "intervention", hurried her way through the halls towards the art room, running her hands through her hair and trying to look her best for the new teacher!

Neutral Luck = +0

The TechnoGnome
2017-12-28, 04:11 AM
Mallory came into the classroom, doing her best to look as intimidating as possible. Taking the lead, she tells the teacher, "Pardon us Ms. Stormsong, but we need to talk about your behavior. Some of the other students are uncomfortable with the way you act around them, and it needs to change immediately."

Conflict, Verbal Barrage (+2), Connections (+2), +4 total.

2017-12-28, 06:04 PM
Kristi nodded along with what Mallory was saying. She wasn't really feeling like having arguments like this, but it was important for the others so she lent her support...and her cookies. Unknown to Kristi, word was starting to get around about the amazing cookies she'd baked...

Luck. Last scene for Thaw Out, and triggered Temptation in the previous scene, so that's +3.

The idea here is that word of the awesome cookies get a bunch of students to show up wanting cookies, and end up making it look like there's more to this intervention than just our group. Maybe even a teacher will show up to lend our cause a bit more credibility.

Also, while I'm thinking about it, Faustian Pact on Mallory.

Zevox
2017-12-28, 07:37 PM
Tanya frowned a bit at her girlfriend's aggressive way of opening things. "Uh, what Scout means is, we just wanted to talk. Nothin's gotta change - we just kinda think there's some stuff you should be aware of."

Well, no, Mallory had meant exactly what she'd said, and was probably right that if Ms. Stormsong didn't change, it could be trouble. But still, no need to come off so scary with it right out of the gate.

Strong Allure +1, Boyish Charm +1, Poker Face + 2 = +4 total.

Illven
2017-12-28, 10:11 PM
P'ro'shi, in keeping with her earlier words, does not go to confront the teacher, instead merely staking out in the nearby hall, trying to cooperate between respecting and being there if help if needed.
Weak Luck.

Unfortunately, only Agatha seems to notice P'ro'shi's presence. "P'ro'shi, is something wrong?"

Lauca, running late to the "intervention", hurried her way through the halls towards the art room, running her hands through her hair and trying to look her best for the new teacher!

Neutral Luck = +0

But no one was there.... You could have sworn... Where are you?

What do you do?

Taika simply straightens her posture and brushes off any wrinkles or dirt on her dress before entering the room. She also makes sure to turn on the record function of her phone before stepping in, whispering her consent to record into the speaker before slipping it back into her pocket.
Allure (+1), Witch (+2)

A Thousand Faces (Natural 1)

You look nice, Taika! Jen says brightly.

Mallory came into the classroom, doing her best to look as intimidating as possible. Taking the lead, she tells the teacher, "Pardon us Ms. Stormsong, but we need to talk about your behavior. Some of the other students are uncomfortable with the way you act around them, and it needs to change immediately."

Conflict, Verbal Barrage (+2), Connections (+2), +4 total.

"Look if this is the hunting, I told the last group, I'm not willing to kill myself to appease your how you say senses.... sensibilities...." Ms.Stormsong starts.

Tanya frowned a bit at her girlfriend's aggressive way of opening things. "Uh, what Scout means is, we just wanted to talk. Nothin's gotta change - we just kinda think there's some stuff you should be aware of."

Well, no, Mallory had meant exactly what she'd said, and was probably right that if Ms. Stormsong didn't change, it could be trouble. But still, no need to come off so scary with it right out of the gate.

Strong Allure +1, Boyish Charm +1, Poker Face + 2 = +4 total.

"Oh okay, yeah, but I was already aware of people being upset. Thank you for um... informing me.... For if I didn't know." Ms.Stormsong replied.

Kristi nodded along with what Mallory was saying. She wasn't really feeling like having arguments like this, but it was important for the others so she lent her support...and her cookies. Unknown to Kristi, word was starting to get around about the amazing cookies she'd baked...

Luck. Last scene for Thaw Out, and triggered Temptation in the previous scene, so that's +3.

The idea here is that word of the awesome cookies get a bunch of students to show up wanting cookies, and end up making it look like there's more to this intervention than just our group. Maybe even a teacher will show up to lend our cause a bit more credibility.

Also, while I'm thinking about it, Faustian Pact on Mallory.

Kristi sees a metaphorical line of cute guys and girls waiting for cookies.

"Why didn't you tell me, you could bake!" Effie remarks.

Esprit15
2017-12-28, 11:55 PM
”Thank you,” Taika whispers to Jen.

“Hunting? Killing yourself? No, we just came to voice concerns about the amount of contact between you and the other students. While some of us such as myself are not too concerned, others seem to take more offense, and might read further into it,” Taika says calmly. “All we are requesting is that you be a little less... close, for lack of a better word, to your students. We already have enough wild rumors flying around the school. The last thing that we need is more hearsay. Does that make sense?”

Illven
2017-12-29, 12:03 AM
”Thank you,” Taika whispers to Jen.

“Hunting? Killing yourself? No, we just came to voice concerns about the amount of contact between you and the other students. While some of us such as myself are not too concerned, others seem to take more offense, and might read further into it,” Taika says calmly. “All we are requesting is that you be a little less... close, for lack of a better word, to your students. We already have enough wild rumors flying around the school. The last thing that we need is more hearsay. Does that make sense?”

"Is that a problem?" Ms.Stormsong says immediately relaxing upon hearing that it isn't a compliant of her hunting.

Esprit15
2017-12-29, 12:12 AM
"Is that a problem?" Ms.Stormsong says immediately relaxing upon hearing that it isn't a compliant of her hunting.

”For the humans, yes. Their cultures tend to be more reserved than ours about physical contact and intimacy... What’s this about hunting? Who is after you about that?”

Illven
2017-12-29, 12:20 AM
”For the humans, yes. Their cultures tend to be more reserved than ours about physical contact and intimacy... What’s this about hunting? Who is after you about that?”

"Some vegetarians who seem to not know or care that I am a carnivore." Ms.Stormsong replied.

7th son of sons
2017-12-29, 05:28 AM
Lauca looked up and down the halls for signs of her friends, or anyone for that matter. She was sure they had said to wait and meetup around here...

The TechnoGnome
2017-12-29, 07:36 AM
"This is more serious than some anti-hunting enthusiasts jumping down your throat over your personal hobbies," Mallory pointed out, "You being so touchy-feely with your students, while possibly acceptable in your culture, would be confusing to a developing teenage mind. More importantly however, it would raise suspicions of your intentions among parents and other authority figures."

Esprit15
2017-12-29, 01:31 PM
”I cite Mal as a textbook example of that different attitude. Before we chase that hunting question any further, are we clear about how you should be acting around students?”

Illven
2017-12-29, 03:07 PM
Lauca looked up and down the halls for signs of her friends, or anyone for that matter. She was sure they had said to wait and meetup around here...

Make a skill check DC 6]

"This is more serious than some anti-hunting enthusiasts jumping down your throat over your personal hobbies," Mallory pointed out, "You being so touchy-feely with your students, while possibly acceptable in your culture, would be confusing to a developing teenage mind. More importantly however, it would raise suspicions of your intentions among parents and other authority figures."

See below post.

”I cite Mal as a textbook example of that different attitude. Before we chase that hunting question any further, are we clear about how you should be acting around students?”

"I don't understand, confusing how?" Ms.Stormsong replied.

Zevox
2017-12-29, 04:21 PM
"Oh okay, yeah, but I was already aware of people being upset. Thank you for um... informing me.... For if I didn't know." Ms.Stormsong replied.
"Uh, don't think you do, actually," Tanya remarks as the conversation about hunting plays out.

"I don't understand, confusing how?" Ms.Stormsong replied.
"Uh, what she means is it ain't normal in human schools for teachers to go around huggin' students much. Comes off weird and makes some people uncomfortable, since it's, uh... gettin' physically closer to someone than you usually do except with really close friends or loved ones," Tanya said, trying to get across the idea without outright bringing it up. "And there's definitely some of our classmates who've said they're uncomfortable with it, so, yeah, be a good idea not to."

Esprit15
2017-12-29, 07:12 PM
”Like I said, different values. I’ve found it easiest to just learn what they don’t like and avoid those things. The justifications don’t always make sense.”

Illven
2017-12-29, 10:49 PM
"Uh, don't think you do, actually," Tanya remarks as the conversation about hunting plays out.

"Uh, what she means is it ain't normal in human schools for teachers to go around huggin' students much. Comes off weird and makes some people uncomfortable, since it's, uh... gettin' physically closer to someone than you usually do except with really close friends or loved ones," Tanya said, trying to get across the idea without outright bringing it up. "And there's definitely some of our classmates who've said they're uncomfortable with it, so, yeah, be a good idea not to."

"You only hug close friends and loved ones?" Ms.Stormsong replies very confused.

”Like I said, different values. I’ve found it easiest to just learn what they don’t like and avoid those things. The justifications don’t always make sense.”

"Yeah, I'm curious as to the justification for this...." Ms.Stormsong replies.

Zevox
2017-12-29, 11:23 PM
"You only hug close friends and loved ones?" Ms.Stormsong replies very confused.
"Most of us, yeah," Tanya nodded. "It definitely ain't the sort of thing anyone expects out of a teacher around here, that's for sure."

Illven
2017-12-29, 11:40 PM
"Most of us, yeah," Tanya nodded. "It definitely ain't the sort of thing anyone expects out of a teacher around here, that's for sure."

"I feel so bad for you!" Ms.Stormsong says immediately.

Esprit15
2017-12-30, 12:39 AM
”It’s... complicated? Yeah. Like how some gesture are considered crass and other aren’t? Adults touching children is seen as weird and potentially offensive to them. Like making fires near a nymph’s tree or stealing a witch’s hat. Seems harmless to an outsider, but it isn’t seen as such to us. Just... I want to be on your side on this. Help us help you, please?”

Zevox
2017-12-30, 01:09 AM
"I feel so bad for you!" Ms.Stormsong says immediately.
Tanya blinked a moment in surprise. "Uh, think you're missin' somethin' there. Point's supposed to be that people feel kinda uncomfortable with it and you really should like, stop doin' it so casually, 'cause it could end up bein' trouble if you don't."

Illven
2017-12-30, 01:17 AM
”It’s... complicated? Yeah. Like how some gesture are considered crass and other aren’t? Adults touching children is seen as weird and potentially offensive to them. Like making fires near a nymph’s tree or stealing a witch’s hat. Seems harmless to an outsider, but it isn’t seen as such to us. Just... I want to be on your side on this. Help us help you, please?”

"People might die! I didn't know humans were that frail...." She remarks clearly concerned.

Tanya blinked a moment in surprise. "Uh, think you're missin' somethin' there. Point's supposed to be that people feel kinda uncomfortable with it and you really should like, stop doin' it so casually, 'cause it could end up bein' trouble if you don't."

"Well yeah, I'll stop right away if people are in danger."

Esprit15
2017-12-30, 01:54 AM
”Near, not on, but yes, some people treat it that seriously,” Taika says, trying to clarify. “Like I said, it’s complicated and their own weird, cultural thing. It has its reasons, even if we can’t relate to them directly. Can we just get your word that you’ll cut down on the physical contact?”

Illven
2017-12-30, 01:58 AM
”Near, not on, but yes, some people treat it that seriously,” Taika says, trying to clarify. “Like I said, it’s complicated and their own weird, cultural thing. It has its reasons, even if we can’t relate to them directly. Can we just get your word that you’ll cut down on the physical contact?”

"Yeah, sure... Please tell me that I can still eat meat, right?" Ms.Stormsong replies.

The TechnoGnome
2017-12-30, 04:01 AM
"Of course you can," Mallory said, relieved that the nymph finally seems to understand, "That's not something that will get you in serious trouble. The students who brought it up to you are simply overreacting."

Illven
2017-12-30, 11:43 AM
"Of course you can," Mallory said, relieved that the nymph finally seems to understand, "That's not something that will get you in serious trouble. The students who brought it up to you are simply overreacting."

"Good, I'd have to leave if that were the case." Ms.Stormsong muses.

Zevox
2017-12-30, 01:06 PM
"People might die! I didn't know humans were that frail...." She remarks clearly concerned.

"Well yeah, I'll stop right away if people are in danger."
"That... really ain't it either..." Tanya remarked quietly, but trailed off, unsure whether to say more since the others were, for some reason, not trying to correct Ms. Stormsong's misinterpretation. She glanced at Mal in particular, a confused expression on her face.

The TechnoGnome
2017-12-31, 04:15 AM
"That... really ain't it either..." Tanya remarked quietly, but trailed off, unsure whether to say more since the others were, for some reason, not trying to correct Ms. Stormsong's misinterpretation. She glanced at Mal in particular, a confused expression on her face.

Mallory looks back at Tanya, with a similar expression, before realizing what she was trying to say and turning to Ms. Stormsong, "It's not that the action itself is dangerous, but that the kind of teachers who do that sort of thing tend to have ulterior motives that are dangerous for the students."

And here I was thinking that Taika corrected it. Oh well :smalltongue:

Illven
2017-12-31, 10:50 AM

You can't seem to find anyone, eventually you run into that celestial Vampire.

Luke.

"Hey, is everything okay?"

Mallory looks back at Tanya, with a similar expression, before realizing what she was trying to say and turning to Ms. Stormsong, "It's not that the action itself is dangerous, but that the kind of teachers who do that sort of thing tend to have ulterior motives that are dangerous for the students."

And here I was thinking that Taika corrected it. Oh well :smalltongue:

"But... if I don't, then what's the problem?" Ms.Stormsong asks.

Esprit15
2017-12-31, 11:43 AM

Luke.

”Humans care more about appearances of intentions than the reality of them.”

Zevox
2017-12-31, 01:51 PM
"Well, since nobody here can read minds, it makes people uncomfortable since it comes across like you might," Tanya said. "And it might give some others the wrong idea in a different direction too. 'Specially around here, actually," she couldn't help muttering to herself. "Just, all around, lots of different little reasons to avoid doin' it here in school."

7th son of sons
2017-12-31, 02:38 PM

Luke.

Uhm... can't find friends... Lauca replied with her ears drooping

Illven
2017-12-31, 09:24 PM
”Humans care more about appearances of intentions than the reality of them.”

"That's.... weird." Ms.Stormsong remarks.

"Well, since nobody here can read minds, it makes people uncomfortable since it comes across like you might," Tanya said. "And it might give some others the wrong idea in a different direction too. 'Specially around here, actually," she couldn't help muttering to herself. "Just, all around, lots of different little reasons to avoid doin' it here in school."

"Specially around here, why?" Ms.Stormsong replies.

Uhm... can't find friends... Lauca replied with her ears drooping

"Where did you expect to meet them?" Luke asks cocking his head.

Esprit15
2017-12-31, 11:04 PM
”Tell me about it. Blame evolving on a savana where they had to be more cautious and had to be skeptical of every snap in the brush. But have we reached an understanding, at least? I want more non-humans as role models here, and you seem pretty reasonable. I’d hate for a misunderstanding to get you fired.”

Illven
2017-12-31, 11:18 PM
”Tell me about it. Blame evolving on a savana where they had to be more cautious and had to be skeptical of every snap in the brush. But have we reached an understanding, at least? I want more non-humans as role models here, and you seem pretty reasonable. I’d hate for a misunderstanding to get you fired.”

"Yeah, I'll keep my hands to myself." Ms.Stormsong remarks.

The TechnoGnome
2018-01-01, 12:17 AM
"Yeah, I'll keep my hands to myself." Ms.Stormsong remarks.

"Thank you," Mallory said, with a sigh of relief, "I understand that this is a cultural shift for you, but it's important that you adjust to it for the sake of both your job and your reputation."

Illven
2018-01-01, 01:07 AM
"Thank you," Mallory said, with a sigh of relief, "I understand that this is a cultural shift for you, but it's important that you adjust to it for the sake of both your job and your reputation."

"How would my reputation suffer?" Ms.Stormsong replies.

The TechnoGnome
2018-01-01, 01:56 AM
"How would my reputation suffer?" Ms.Stormsong replies.

"As we mentioned before, it could give people the wrong idea about your intentions," Mallory said, "Rather than friendly, some people might see it as a kind of sexual advance."

Illven
2018-01-01, 02:02 AM
"As we mentioned before, it could give people the wrong idea about your intentions," Mallory said, "Rather than friendly, some people might see it as a kind of sexual advance."

"Ew, ew, ew. They are kids." Ms.Stormsong replies.

7th son of sons
2018-01-01, 11:29 AM
"Where did you expect to meet them?" Luke asks cocking his head.

We were gonna have a talk to the cute new art teacher, so... there?

Illven
2018-01-01, 09:36 PM
We were gonna have a talk to the cute new art teacher, so... there?

"This isn't art, this is photography." Luke remarks. "You need help finding the art room?"

The TechnoGnome
2018-01-01, 10:15 PM
"Ew, ew, ew. They are kids." Ms.Stormsong replies.

"Yes, that is where the concern stems from," Mallory deadpans.

Illven
2018-01-01, 10:19 PM
"Yes, that is where the concern stems from," Mallory deadpans.

"That's disgusting." Ms.Stormsong continues. "Just because I'm a nymph they are going to assume I bang anything that moves, that's racist as hell"

7th son of sons
2018-01-01, 11:03 PM
"This isn't art, this is photography." Luke remarks. "You need help finding the art room?"

Mhm! Can you show me where?

Illven
2018-01-01, 11:16 PM
Mhm! Can you show me where?

"Of course." Luke replies. "How often do you get lost anyway?" He asks, and it's not long till you see your friends!

Esprit15
2018-01-01, 11:45 PM
"That's disgusting." Ms.Stormsong continues. "Just because I'm a nymph they are going to assume I bang anything that moves, that's racist as hell"

"Actually, the same behavior would be considered concerning from a human."

Illven
2018-01-01, 11:55 PM
"Actually, the same behavior would be considered concerning from a human."

"Oh.... Well.... it's how you say... equally as bad..." Ms.Stormsong remarks.

7th son of sons
2018-01-02, 12:07 AM
"Of course." Luke replies. "How often do you get lost anyway?" He asks, and it's not long till you see your friends!

All the time! Lauca admitted before speeding off towards her friends and the art teacher I found yooooou!

Illven
2018-01-02, 12:16 AM
All the time! Lauca admitted before speeding off towards her friends and the art teacher I found yooooou!

"Oh um hey, Lauca." Ms.Stormsong replied.

7th son of sons
2018-01-02, 03:32 PM
"Oh um hey, Lauca." Ms.Stormsong replied.

Hello Miss Stormsong~! Lauca greeted the teacher eagerly, already completely forgotten why she'd needed to speak with the teacher in the first place.

Illven
2018-01-02, 03:48 PM
Hello Miss Stormsong~! Lauca greeted the teacher eagerly, already completely forgotten why she'd needed to speak with the teacher in the first place.

"How are you doing?" Ms.Stormsong asks rubbing the back of her head.

7th son of sons
2018-01-02, 07:16 PM
"How are you doing?" Ms.Stormsong asks rubbing the back of her head.

Better now that Lauca stopped being lost

The TechnoGnome
2018-01-02, 07:30 PM
"You got lost?" Mallory asked, a hint of worry in her voice.

Illven
2018-01-02, 07:53 PM
Better now that Lauca stopped being lost

"You got lost?" Ms.Stormsong asks.

7th son of sons
2018-01-02, 08:03 PM
"You got lost?" Mallory asked, a hint of worry in her voice.

"You got lost?" Ms.Stormsong asks.

Only a little bit! Luke helped Lauca find you~!

The TechnoGnome
2018-01-04, 07:27 PM
Only a little bit! Luke helped Lauca find you~!

"Oh," Mallory said with barely-veiled derision at the mere mention of the name, "Well in any case, I'm glad you found us safely."

7th son of sons
2018-01-05, 12:50 AM
"Oh," Mallory said with barely-veiled derision at the mere mention of the name, "Well in any case, I'm glad you found us safely."

Mhm! Glad Lauca could find you! Lauca grinned before leaning in close to Mallory and whispering. Did you already tell Mrs.
Stromsong about no kiddly diddly?

The TechnoGnome
2018-01-05, 03:17 AM
Mhm! Glad Lauca could find you! Lauca grinned before leaning in close to Mallory and whispering. Did you already tell Mrs.
Stromsong about no kiddly diddly?

"It's all taken care of," Mallory whispered back, "She's vowed to stop. Hopefully she keeps her word."

Illven
2018-01-06, 01:41 AM
Episode 21 Scene 8

And so everything seemed fine with Ms.Stormsong. She was enlightened as to why her actions would be misconstrued.

But! Some members of the school are not satisfied.

They are upset that she only eats meat! And hunts!

How are you going to calm the idiots down.

Allure =Talk the idiots down. +2 VP with Luna.

Skill =Find documents online quickly that show that water nymphs are carnivores. +3 VP with Jen, +2 VP with Luna.

Luck =Have one of the people have a crush on you, and they talk their friends down. +2 VP with Luna.

Esprit15
2018-01-08, 05:55 PM
"Do you also blame a shark for eating fish? Or a lion for killing a gazelle? Water nymphs are carnivorous. You might as well tell me to stop drinking blood," Taika says, fangs rather bared for a change. "But hey, don't take my word for it. It's literally there on their Wikipedia page under diet," the witch continues, tossing her phone to the idiots, page already pulled up and loaded.

"Mal, you can go into further detail. I'm sure you know the material well enough to support what I found. The rest of you, shut up! I do not have the patience to listen to imbeciles spout out random garbage about what they think they know! I'm going to go get something to drink!" There is a level of power in Taika's words, different from her normal incantations. Was she getting better at implanting suggestions?
Skill (Auto 6)
Shadow Out of Time!
Mal uses Allure
Everyone else uses Luck

If anyone has a positive modifier, use Fortune Talisman for +2, giving +2 to Mal

Necroticplague
2018-01-08, 08:58 PM
P'ro'shi had a planned argument about her own frequently near-carnivorous habits and fishing, but ultimately has the wind knocked out of her metaphysical sails by the resident Vampwitch makes a stronger version of the same argument, leaving her to mostly just nod in relatively agreement.
Mandated Weak Luck

Zevox
2018-01-08, 09:02 PM
Tanya frowned and gave Taika a hard look as she stalked off, not happy hearing that last part of her speech. But once the vampire girl was gone, she remarked, "So, yeah, what would even be the problem here, anyway? Most people eat meat, and it ain't like huntin's anything that unusual either."

Weak Luck -1 it is, then.

7th son of sons
2018-01-09, 01:34 PM
Y-Yeah that's... yeah! Lauca added, surprisingly unsure of herself in something she'd normally be keen to defend.

Forced Neutral Luck = +0

2018-01-09, 03:37 PM
Kristi is rather exasperated at people who can't seem to find any reason not to complain about stuff...but she spots a friendly face in the crowd, one of the guys she flirts with in improv club! Maybe he'll convince his friends it's not such a big deal, for her sake? She does her best to let her weariness at the ongoing arguments show.

Forced Luck, huh? Fine. Hidden Talents (Snoop) for Luck +2 involving finding someone. And another +2 if Mallory decides to participate in the scene, from the Faustian Pact I put on her in the previous scene. Total is +2 or +4, depending on Mal's contribution.

The TechnoGnome
2018-01-10, 02:51 AM
"My friend here is correct," Mallory says to them, "Water nymphs are indeed carnivorous, in fact very much so. Having her go vegan would only make her sick, since her body would be unable to digest plant matter. You wouldn't force a cat to do such a thing, so why should you do it to another sentient being?"

Weak Allure (-1), Fortune Talisman (+2), +1 total.

Illven
2018-01-11, 01:00 AM
"Do you also blame a shark for eating fish? Or a lion for killing a gazelle? Water nymphs are carnivorous. You might as well tell me to stop drinking blood," Taika says, fangs rather bared for a change. "But hey, don't take my word for it. It's literally there on their Wikipedia page under diet," the witch continues, tossing her phone to the idiots, page already pulled up and loaded.

"Mal, you can go into further detail. I'm sure you know the material well enough to support what I found. The rest of you, shut up! I do not have the patience to listen to imbeciles spout out random garbage about what they think they know! I'm going to go get something to drink!" There is a level of power in Taika's words, different from her normal incantations. Was she getting better at implanting suggestions?
Skill (Auto 6)
Shadow Out of Time!
Mal uses Allure
Everyone else uses Luck

If anyone has a positive modifier, use Fortune Talisman for +2, giving +2 to Mal

"A lion or a shark isn't a sentient creature god." Lucy one of the girls making the most comments pipes up.

"My friend here is correct," Mallory says to them, "Water nymphs are indeed carnivorous, in fact very much so. Having her go vegan would only make her sick, since her body would be unable to digest plant matter. You wouldn't force a cat to do such a thing, so why should you do it to another sentient being?"

Weak Allure (-1), Fortune Talisman (+2), +1 total.

"Wait.... Mom and Dad said fluffles went to a farm!" Robin, a young really small boy pipes up. "Why.... Are are you telling me, Fluffles died!?"

P'ro'shi had a planned argument about her own frequently near-carnivorous habits and fishing, but ultimately has the wind knocked out of her metaphysical sails by the resident Vampwitch makes a stronger version of the same argument, leaving her to mostly just nod in relatively agreement.
Mandated Weak Luck

Jen turns to you. Are you okay? She asks at your strange silence.

Tanya frowned and gave Taika a hard look as she stalked off, not happy hearing that last part of her speech. But once the vampire girl was gone, she remarked, "So, yeah, what would even be the problem here, anyway? Most people eat meat, and it ain't like huntin's anything that unusual either."

Weak Luck -1 it is, then.

"Well we don't." Lucy remarked.

Y-Yeah that's... yeah! Lauca added, surprisingly unsure of herself in something she'd normally be keen to defend.

Forced Neutral Luck = +0

Lauca's unsurity means no one much pays attention to her. What does she do?

Kristi is rather exasperated at people who can't seem to find any reason not to complain about stuff...but she spots a friendly face in the crowd, one of the guys she flirts with in improv club! Maybe he'll convince his friends it's not such a big deal, for her sake? She does her best to let her weariness at the ongoing arguments show.

Forced Luck, huh? Fine. Hidden Talents (Snoop) for Luck +2 involving finding someone. And another +2 if Mallory decides to participate in the scene, from the Faustian Pact I put on her in the previous scene. Total is +2 or +4, depending on Mal's contribution.

Kristi's beau to be does in fact pipe up. "Hey look, let's be honest. Is our principal really going to do anything when it's a water nymph we're protesting? She's going to need arm twisting to give the minimum possible punishment, and unfortunately there's no punishment at all for hunting." He comments.

The crowd starts dispersing, as Luke pipes up. "Hey, you doing okay?" He asked walking over to Kristi concerned, and putting a finger under her chin.

The TechnoGnome
2018-01-11, 01:07 AM
"Wait.... Mom and Dad said fluffles went to a farm!" Robin, a young really small boy pipes up. "Why.... Are are you telling me, Fluffles died!?"

"Yes," Mallory said bluntly, amazed that a high school student would still buy a story like that.

Esprit15
2018-01-11, 01:21 AM
Taika gives a look like she was ready to deck the person who objected to her, before more reasonable voices made themselves heard. ”Good to know that you’re only yielding because you won’t get your way. You know, instead of the fact that your policy would starve someone to death.”
Would have been nice to know that. I would have double checked everyone’s sheets if I had known that my result would be a 6 instead of an 8.

Illven
2018-01-11, 01:49 AM
"Yes," Mallory said bluntly, amazed that a high school student would still buy a story like that.

"I... I just...never... Fluffles!" Robin cries, running off.

Taika gives a look like she was ready to deck the person who objected to her, before more reasonable voices made themselves heard. ”Good to know that you’re only yielding because you won’t get your way. You know, instead of the fact that your policy would starve someone to death.”
Would have been nice to know that. I would have double checked everyone’s sheets if I had known that my result would be a 6 instead of an 8.

"People survive without eating all the time. Like in comas or such." Lucy comments.

Would have been nice if you posted before I called the 24 hours notice.

Esprit15
2018-01-11, 02:00 AM
”You’re a special type of stupid, aren’t you?”
I would if I wasn’t so frequently the first person to post. It would be nice to actually be able to judge my actions based on what others are doing, rather than going in blind after nobody posts and not having time to update things due to being asleep or at work.

The TechnoGnome
2018-01-11, 02:09 AM
Mallory just rolls her eyes, then turns to Taika and says, "Save your breath. It's clear that this group doesn't even have a full brain to share between them all."

Necroticplague
2018-01-11, 12:16 PM
Jen turns to you. Are you okay? She asks at your strange silence.
"...Yeah. It's just..." the squid slowly waves a tired hand to indicate some of the others milling around. "Long day, a bit much of this stuff. 'Sides..." she says her hand moving to point to the post-life witch "...she already took all the good points."

Illven
2018-01-11, 02:28 PM
”You’re a special type of stupid, aren’t you?”
I would if I wasn’t so frequently the first person to post. It would be nice to actually be able to judge my actions based on what others are doing, rather than going in blind after nobody posts and not having time to update things due to being asleep or at work.

"I am not. Just hook up like that sugar water thingy to her. She's a water nymph, she should like it!" Lucy insists.

It would also be nice if I didn't have a player bitching and moaning and groaning every time I made a decision.

Mallory just rolls her eyes, then turns to Taika and says, "Save your breath. It's clear that this group doesn't even have a full brain to share between them all."

"We have several!" Lucy yells back.

"...Yeah. It's just..." the squid slowly waves a tired hand to indicate some of the others milling around. "Long day, a bit much of this stuff. 'Sides..." she says her hand moving to point to the post-life witch "...she already took all the good points."

Of people protesting.... I think this is the first time today. Jen remarks.

Zevox
2018-01-11, 06:43 PM
"Well we don't." Lucy remarked.
"...so?" Tanya asked flatly.

2018-01-11, 06:49 PM
Kristi's beau to be does in fact pipe up. "Hey look, let's be honest. Is our principal really going to do anything when it's a water nymph we're protesting? She's going to need arm twisting to give the minimum possible punishment, and unfortunately there's no punishment at all for hunting." He comments.

The crowd starts dispersing, as Luke pipes up. "Hey, you doing okay?" He asked walking over to Kristi concerned, and putting a finger under her chin.

Kristi blushes hard. "F-f-fine," she stammers out. "Just...arguments make me uncomfortable, especially once they start getting heated. Thanks for stepping in~" She hugs him softly.

Illven
2018-01-11, 06:50 PM
"...so?" Tanya asked flatly.

"She shouldn't either!" Lucy yells back as she storms off.

Illven
2018-01-11, 06:52 PM
Kristi blushes hard. "F-f-fine," she stammers out. "Just...arguments make me uncomfortable, especially once they start getting heated. Thanks for stepping in~" She hugs him softly.

"No problem what so ever." He replies as she hugs him, he adjusts and blushes a bit.

"Do... Do you want to find a place to sit?" He asks.

Zevox
2018-01-11, 07:08 PM
"She shouldn't either!" Lucy yells back as she storms off.
Tanya snorted. "Yeah, 'I don't do it, so nobody else should' ain't how literally anything works, dumba**," she remarked, barely able to believe that was the girl's actual argument.

2018-01-11, 07:12 PM
"No problem what so ever." He replies as she hugs him, he adjusts and blushes a bit.

"Do... Do you want to find a place to sit?" He asks.

"Uh, yeah sure~" she says, a bit surprised, but pleasantly so. She links her arm with his. "Shall we?" she says, her voice shaking just a teensy bit, hinting at her mixed nervousness and excitement.

Illven
2018-01-11, 07:24 PM
Tanya snorted. "Yeah, 'I don't do it, so nobody else should' ain't how literally anything works, dumba**," she remarked, barely able to believe that was the girl's actual argument.

Yeah... Their arguments are kinda dumb. Jen remarked.

"Uh, yeah sure~" she says, a bit surprised, but pleasantly so. She links her arm with his. "Shall we?" she says, her voice shaking just a teensy bit, hinting at her mixed nervousness and excitement.

"Yes we shall." Erik replies warmly starting to lead you to the library.

2018-01-11, 07:28 PM
"Yes we shall." Erik replies warmly starting to lead you to the library.

"Bye guys!" she waved to the group as the two of them walked off. "So...what would you like to do?"

Necroticplague
2018-01-11, 07:38 PM
Of people protesting.... I think this is the first time today. Jen remarks.

“For protesters yes, for drama about the new teach no.”

Illven
2018-01-11, 08:51 PM
"Bye guys!" she waved to the group as the two of them walked off. "So...what would you like to do?"

"I was thinking we'd just chill at the library while you got your strength back." Erik offered.

“For protesters yes, for drama about the new teach no.”

Well yeah.... But she's different of course there's going to be some bumps in the road. Jen pipes up.

Esprit15
2018-01-11, 10:00 PM
”Yep. Special type of stupid.”
I’m not even wanting to argue with you. I just dislike feeling punished for other players also waiting until the last minute. I’m more annoyed with them than you, so please stop making this into me attacking you.

Zevox
2018-01-11, 10:11 PM
Yeah... Their arguments are kinda dumb. Jen remarked.
"Oh, they left 'kinda' in the dust a few states back," Tanya responded sardonically. "No two ways about it, they ain't even tryin' to make sense."

The TechnoGnome
2018-01-11, 11:34 PM
"We have several!" Lucy yells back.

"Well, then you clearly aren't using more than a quarter of any of them," Mallory retorted.

2018-01-20, 11:08 AM
"I was thinking we'd just chill at the library while you got your strength back." Erik offered.

"That sounds nice...thank you," she said, a bit shyly.

I'm mostly good to move on, just forgot that I hadn't actually responded to this yet. >.<

Illven
2018-01-22, 04:21 PM
Episode 21 Scene 9

With that it's now really after school. Ms.Stormsong has been show the standards of basic decency, and the students have had their protests cut off at their knee.

What are you going to do.

Allure: It's pizza time! +3 VP with Jen, and +2 VP with Luna.

Skill: It's studying time! +2 VP with Luna.

Luck: Find a flyer detailing a fun activity. +2 VP with Jen.

If the highest roll is allure, there is only one winner. If the highest roll is either skill or luck, then both skill and luck have their own winners.

Esprit15
2018-01-22, 04:57 PM
”Hey guys, it’s pizza night at my house. Anyone want to come over?” Taika says, more chipper now that everyone has been able to reach an understanding with the teacher.
Allure (+1), Witch (+2), Down and Dirty (+2)

The TechnoGnome
2018-01-24, 02:23 AM
"I'd love to," Mallory said with a smile, "A pizza party sounds like just the thing we need to relax after today."

Weak Allure (-1), Less is More, highest mod total.

Necroticplague
2018-01-25, 12:23 PM
"Sure, if you'd have me. All this talking about meat made me hungry."
Normal Allure

Zevox
2018-01-25, 11:50 PM
Tanya looked hesitant, but at Mal's remarks, she shrugged and said, "Sure, I guess."

Weak Luck -1.
Wow, I have a lot of unused abilities this episode. Opportunity to use them just never looked good though... including now.

2018-01-26, 12:58 PM
Kristi shrugged. "Erik seemed like he wanted to hang out, but...maybe we could both come?" she sounds kinda distant, and a bit nervous, though it's not clear why

Allure. Strong roll 1+Boyish Charm 1=+2. Wish this was unopposed so I could potentially get full use out of Temptation, but I'll just have to hope the next scene is unopposed so I can get at least half of it.

Also, Faustian Pact on Mallory. Will provide justification privately at Illven's request, since it's largely based on internal feelings Kristi doesn't really broadcast much.

7th son of sons
2018-01-26, 06:44 PM
Pizza Party! Pizza Party! Pizza Party! Lauca chanted before throwing her arms around Luna's shoulders.

Just a +1 from Strong for me

Illven
2018-01-27, 12:15 AM
”Hey guys, it’s pizza night at my house. Anyone want to come over?” Taika says, more chipper now that everyone has been able to reach an understanding with the teacher.
Allure (+1), Witch (+2), Down and Dirty (+2)

Eh... I'm not sure... Jen remarks rubbing the back of her head.

"I'd love to," Mallory said with a smile, "A pizza party sounds like just the thing we need to relax after today."

Weak Allure (-1), Less is More, highest mod total.

You know what it sounds like a good idea. Jen says warmer now that Mal was coming out of her shell

"Sure, if you'd have me. All this talking about meat made me hungry."
Normal Allure

"And me. are we invited?" Agatha pipes up finally walking up.

Tanya looked hesitant, but at Mal's remarks, she shrugged and said, "Sure, I guess."

Weak Luck -1.
Wow, I have a lot of unused abilities this episode. Opportunity to use them just never looked good though... including now.

Is something wrong, Tanya? Jen asks concerned.

Kristi shrugged. "Erik seemed like he wanted to hang out, but...maybe we could both come?" she sounds kinda distant, and a bit nervous, though it's not clear why

Allure. Strong roll 1+Boyish Charm 1=+2. Wish this was unopposed so I could potentially get full use out of Temptation, but I'll just have to hope the next scene is unopposed so I can get at least half of it.

Also, Faustian Pact on Mallory. Will provide justification privately at Illven's request, since it's largely based on internal feelings Kristi doesn't really broadcast much.

This is starting to sound like a lot of people. Jen remarks throwing a worried glance to Taika

Pizza Party! Pizza Party! Pizza Party! Lauca chanted before throwing her arms around Luna's shoulders.

Just a +1 from Strong for me

Um... Are we invited? Luna remarks as Lauca hangs from her.

Esprit15
2018-01-27, 12:23 AM
"Good!" Taika says as the group seems to come to agreement... And then Luna spoke up. "Yeah, I don't see a reason not to. It was an open invitation, after all. You're welcome too, Agatha."

Illven
2018-01-27, 12:39 AM
"Good!" Taika says as the group seems to come to agreement... And then Luna spoke up. "Yeah, I don't see a reason not to. It was an open invitation, after all. You're welcome too, Agatha."

"Thanks, Mal, you want to text your parents or should I?" Agatha asks.

And do we need to text anyone for you? Luna asks.

The TechnoGnome
2018-01-27, 12:46 AM
"That goes without saying," Mallory said to Agatha and P'ro'shi, "Though if anyone has experience dealing with a bunch of adolescents in need of supervision, it's Taika."

Mallory frowned, then added, "That sounded better in my head."

"Thanks, Mal, you want to text your parents or should I?" Agatha asks.

"I'll do it," Mallory said, firing off a quick text to her mom to ask for permission, "They're my parents, after all."

Illven
2018-01-27, 01:11 AM
"That goes without saying," Mallory said to Agatha and P'ro'shi, "Though if anyone has experience dealing with a bunch of adolescents in need of supervision, it's Taika."

Mallory frowned, then added, "That sounded better in my head."

"I'll do it," Mallory said, firing off a quick text to her mom to ask for permission, "They're my parents, after all."

"Is it bad I've started calling them mom and dad sometimes..." Agatha remarks looking down shyly.

Esprit15
2018-01-27, 01:13 AM
”I’d hardly call most of them adolescent. Fey’s the next oldest and she’s only 10.”

Illven
2018-01-27, 01:20 AM
”I’d hardly call most of them adolescent. Fey’s the next oldest and she’s only 10.”

In fact isn't adolescent a synonym for teenager and thus none of them are since none of them are 13? Jen pipes up.

Esprit15
2018-01-27, 01:22 AM
In fact isn't adolescent a synonym for teenager and thus none of them are since none of them are 13? Jen pipes up.

”Exactly. Though maybe she though Fey and Artemis were older than they actually are?”

Illven
2018-01-27, 01:48 AM
”Exactly. Though maybe she though Fey and Artemis were older than they actually are?”

Right, isn't Faye like super tall? Jen asked.

The TechnoGnome
2018-01-27, 01:52 AM
"Is it bad I've started calling them mom and dad sometimes..." Agatha remarks looking down shyly.

"You'd have to ask them that," Mallory replies, feeling rather conflicted about it herself.

"They certainly look older than that," Mallory muses, "Regardless, my mistake."

Esprit15
2018-01-27, 01:58 AM
Right, isn't Faye like super tall? Jen asked.

"You'd have to ask them that," Mallory replies, feeling rather conflicted about it herself.

”Five-nine, and still growing. Maybe she’ll play basketball later on, if she ever gets comfortable with sports,” Taika says as she sends a text to her mother that some friends would be coming over. “No worries, I’m sure they’ll be flattered when I tell them.”

Illven
2018-01-27, 02:07 AM

"Sorry." Agatha remarks knowing her friend well enough to see it was bothering her.

”Five-nine, and still growing. Maybe she’ll play basketball later on, if she ever gets comfortable with sports,” Taika says as she sends a text to her mother that some friends would be coming over. “No worries, I’m sure they’ll be flattered when I tell them.”

Really? People usually comment that it's the young looking ones that should be thankful. Jen remarks.

Esprit15
2018-01-27, 02:17 AM
”Really, the closer you look to your mid-twenties is what I’ve come to learn. Kids want to look older, adults want to look younger, and young adults want to stop aging.”

The TechnoGnome
2018-01-27, 02:19 AM
"Sorry." Agatha remarks knowing her friend well enough to see it was bothering her.

"No need to apologize," Mallory said, "I'm just not the one you should be asking that question to, is all."

Really? People usually comment that it's the young looking ones that should be thankful. Jen remarks.

"Perhaps, but children prefer to think of themselves as grown up," Mallory explained, "As do most teenagers."

7th son of sons
2018-01-27, 06:00 AM
Um... Are we invited? Luna remarks as Lauca hangs from her.

O-Oh uhm... a-are we? Lauca asked Taika sweetly

Illven
2018-01-27, 11:50 AM
”Really, the closer you look to your mid-twenties is what I’ve come to learn. Kids want to look older, adults want to look younger, and young adults want to stop aging.”

"No need to apologize," Mallory said, "I'm just not the one you should be asking that question to, is all."

"Perhaps, but children prefer to think of themselves as grown up," Mallory explained, "As do most teenagers."

Agatha gives you a. -I can tell it's bothering you.- look.

O-Oh uhm... a-are we? Lauca asked Taika sweetly

We are. Luna replies rubbing Lauca's hair affectionately.

Zevox
2018-01-27, 12:57 PM
Is something wrong, Tanya? Jen asks concerned.
"...nah, nothin's wrong," Tanya said, brushing the concern off.

The TechnoGnome
2018-01-27, 02:38 PM
"...nah, nothin's wrong," Tanya said, brushing the concern off.

Mallory gives a sidelong glance over to Tanya, putting her own issues behind her for the moment, "Are you sure?"

Zevox
2018-01-28, 02:22 AM
Mallory gives a sidelong glance over to Tanya, putting her own issues behind her for the moment, "Are you sure?"
Tanya looks briefly surprised at Mal jumping in, but quickly regains her composure. "Uh, yeah, I'm sure. I mean, day's over, teacher weirdness is dealt with - all in all, wasn't even that much wrong all day by this place's standards."

The TechnoGnome
2018-01-28, 03:21 AM
Tanya looks briefly surprised at Mal jumping in, but quickly regains her composure. "Uh, yeah, I'm sure. I mean, day's over, teacher weirdness is dealt with - all in all, wasn't even that much wrong all day by this place's standards."

"That is true," Mallory said with a nod, "In all honesty, it's almost relaxing to for once deal with a problem so relatively... simple, I suppose is the right word."

Illven
2018-01-28, 10:50 AM
"That is true," Mallory said with a nod, "In all honesty, it's almost relaxing to for once deal with a problem so relatively... simple, I suppose is the right word."

That because we're getting better guys! Jen remarks.

7th son of sons
2018-01-28, 04:26 PM
We are. Luna replies rubbing Lauca's hair affectionately.

Lauca nuzzles her head against Luna's hand before grinning widely. Never been to Taika's house before! Exciting!

The TechnoGnome
2018-01-28, 08:22 PM
That because we're getting better guys! Jen remarks.

"I would say it's more because for once the people we were dealing with were actually willing to listen to reason," Mallory pointed out, quickly adding, "Somewhat."

Lauca nuzzles her head against Luna's hand before grinning widely. Never been to Taika's house before! Exciting!

"I have," Mallory said, "It's a rather cozy place, and relatively isolated in wilderness compared to the city."

Illven
2018-01-29, 02:10 AM

It's peaceful from what I've heard. Luna remarks.

"I would say it's more because for once the people we were dealing with were actually willing to listen to reason," Mallory pointed out, quickly adding, "Somewhat."

"I have," Mallory said, "It's a rather cozy place, and relatively isolated in wilderness compared to the city."

We're better at making the reasonable option come across. Jen remarks.

Zevox
2018-01-30, 01:26 AM
We're better at making the reasonable option come across. Jen remarks.
"Nah, I gotta go with Scout on this one, it's more weird that we're dealin' with someone who could actually just be talked to like a normal person, instead of a town full of crazy racists, or a nutball bully who pretends to be friends with people she hates, or a psycho succubus..." Tanya said.

The TechnoGnome
2018-01-30, 02:40 AM
"Nah, I gotta go with Scout on this one, it's more weird that we're dealin' with someone who could actually just be talked to like a normal person, instead of a town full of crazy racists, or a nutball bully who pretends to be friends with people she hates, or a psycho succubus..." Tanya said.

Mallory sighs upon hearing Tanya recount their past 'adventures', "What we do to attract the most unstable individuals towards us I'll never understand."

Illven
2018-01-30, 11:27 AM
Mallory sighs upon hearing Tanya recount their past 'adventures', "What we do to attract the most unstable individuals towards us I'll never understand."

Probably because I'm not stable. Jen says honestly.

Necroticplague
2018-01-30, 11:49 AM

"Easy: We're some of the most interesting lot around. Therefore, if something interesting is to happen, it'll probably happen to us, by definition. Sadly, interesting is usually inconvenient."

Zevox
2018-01-30, 11:40 PM
Probably because I'm not stable. Jen says honestly.
Tanya gives Jen a very confused look. "What's that supposed to mean?"

Illven
2018-01-31, 12:11 AM
Tanya gives Jen a very confused look. "What's that supposed to mean?"

I struggle with depression.. I mean it's getting better... but...

Zevox
2018-01-31, 12:27 AM
I struggle with depression.. I mean it's getting better... but...
"Right..." Tanya said with a wince, immediately wishing she hadn't asked. "...but... that don't do what you said. Crazy people ain't somehow more likely to show up around people with depression. I'm pretty sure, anyway, don't make any sense for that to be the case..."