PDA

View Full Version : D&D 3.x Other Dodge, Mobility, Spring attack and steel dervish [Fighter] Feats

Westhart
2017-11-09, 08:44 AM
Dodge [Fighter]
Prerequisites: Dexterity 15
Benefits: You add ¼ your BAB as a dodge bonus to AC.

Mobility [Fighter]
Prerequisites: Dodge
Benefits: You do not provoke attacks of opportunity for movement, and you may move 10' with a 5' step.

Spring Attack [Fighter]
Prerequisites: Dodge, Mobility
Benefits: When you take the charge action you may make a full melee attack at the end of said charge, and when you use the withdrawal action you may make a full ranged attack. The benefits of a charge only apply to your first attack.

Steel Dervish [Fighter]
Prerequisites: Dodge, Mobility, Spring Attack
Benefits: You gain an extra move action each round. Whenever you move more then 20' in a round you add 1/4 your BAB to AC and may take one additional attack with an attack action (standard or full attack) at your highest BAB. This stacks with similar effects (such as a scout's skirmish AC bonus).

rferries
2017-11-09, 09:16 AM
Dodge - 2 fighters with dodge won't be able to hit each other at all at 16th level :D

Steel Dervish is great - "You gain an extra move action" should be incorporated into Run etc. as well.

Westhart
2017-11-09, 09:18 AM
Dodge - 2 fighters with dodge won't be able to hit each other at all at 16th level :D

hmm, that may be a problem... Maybe against those with a BAB lower then yours... still doesn't solve the equal level fighter problem... hmm.

Steel Dervish is great - "You gain an extra move action" should be incorporated into Run etc. as well.

Thanks! Yeah, I agree on the issue of run.

nonsi
2017-11-09, 11:20 PM
1. I think it would be simpler and less problematic if Dodge gave ¼ the character's BAB as dodge AC. That way, the more martially inclined characters have the most to gain from it.
2. You should find a way to prevent Steel Dervish from becoming another tool in the hands of spellcasters (e.g. you cannot benefit from it in the same round when casting a spell or using a spell-like/psi-like/supernatural ability).

Knitifine
2017-11-10, 12:02 AM
With dodge... I'm not sure that weapon uses need to be hosed that hard? Like, they already suck, now every wizard just has to take dodge and cannot be harmed by a weapon user in a 1 on 1 fight.

Westhart
2017-11-10, 08:09 AM
1. I think it would be simpler and less problematic if Dodge gave ¼ the character's BAB as dodge AC. That way, the more martially inclined characters have the most to gain from it.
2. You should find a way to prevent Steel Dervish from becoming another tool in the hands of spellcasters (e.g. you cannot benefit from it in the same round when casting a spell or using a spell-like/psi-like/supernatural ability).

Changed dodge to match up, for steel dervish maybe BAB +12? (Let's 3/4's get it and full) or +16 (full)

With dodge... I'm not sure that weapon uses need to be hosed that hard? Like, they already suck, now every wizard just has to take dodge and cannot be harmed by a weapon user in a 1 on 1 fight.

Yeah, changed dodge.

Knitifine
2017-11-10, 03:30 PM
Alright, next issue: All melee character want pounce. Therefore, all melee character want mobility. Therefore it's a feat tax.

Westhart
2017-11-10, 10:26 PM
Alright, next issue: All melee character want pounce. Therefore, all melee character want mobility. Therefore it's a feat tax.

That or dipping barbarian, not so much a problem with the feat as one inherent in the classes.

Knitifine
2017-11-10, 10:59 PM
That or dipping barbarian, not so much a problem with the feat as one inherent in the classes.The feat exacerbates the problem, because it's so easy to put in all builds, it has to be put into all builds.

Westhart
2017-11-10, 11:22 PM
Yes, just like for most builds they will work in barbarian 1, this simply gives them a dip (keep in mind they can also get whirling frenzy and other things) or a feat. Pounce I agree is necessary on a melee, but since it is not worked into classes (I think nonsi did something with his rework that was really nice and let a martial fight and move, I liked it, but it was a while ago) I feel there should be a lot more things that give it.

nonsi
2017-11-11, 12:07 AM
Yes, just like for most builds they will work in barbarian 1, this simply gives them a dip (keep in mind they can also get whirling frenzy and other things) or a feat. Pounce I agree is necessary on a melee, but since it is not worked into classes (I think nonsi did something with his rework that was really nice and let a martial fight and move, I liked it, but it was a while ago) I feel there should be a lot more things that give it.

Yes. First spoiler here (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=18777367&postcount=3).
I always hated the need to pay with feats for things that should be an integral part of melee (iteratives, PA, expertise, finesse etc.), so I looked for a general solution.

Westhart
2017-11-11, 12:11 AM
Yes. First spoiler here (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=18777367&postcount=3).
I always hated the need to pay with feats for things that should be an integral part of melee (iteratives, PA, expertise, finesse etc.), so I looked for a general solution.

Ah yes, that was it :smallbiggrin: