PDA

View Full Version : SHARED KNOWLEDGE (devotion)

leegi0n
2017-11-09, 10:22 AM
Playgrounders,

I'm playing a gnome bard (3.0/3.5). If I take the knowledge devotion feat, can I share the information I gather during an encounter with the other party members, thereby giving them the bonus that the feat grants?

I mean, I guess I could call out, "That manticore is weak on his left side!" But, would that make sense as it pertains to transferring the the bonus?

Thanks in advance -

Mike Miller
2017-11-09, 10:24 AM
You could share information with your party but it wouldn't grant them the bonus to damage. If you learn something more useful, as in damage reduction or elemental weakness, you would want to share that to great effect.

Deadline
2017-11-09, 10:44 AM
As mentioned, no you can't share the bonus you'd get from the Knowledge Devotion Feat. However, the Archivist (Heroes of Horror) has a class feature called "Dark Knowledge" that is basically what you want to do. You make a knowledge check and grant your team bonuses based on the result.

Malimar
2017-11-09, 12:25 PM
Sure. You can take a Standard action to actively coach one teammate for one attack, but only for attack (not damage), and only +2 (not whatever you rolled for Knowledge Devotion), and it's an untyped bonus (not Insight), and this usage isn't limited to if you have Knowledge Devotion. I'm talking about the Aid Another action.