PDA

View Full Version : Heavy Haley Speculation! XX-SoD/PallyBlues(?)=Required/Spoilers!-XX

The Xem
2007-08-18, 12:35 AM
Hey Every-One. :smallbiggrin:

Just got here, 1st thread attempt. Got the reading done, since I seemingly missed this little E-treasure. :smallfrown:

If you have not put in the required reading, you are for the last time forewarned..! Because I do not yet know how to make the nifty little
--spoiler--! hidey tags, despite my efforts. (little help?)

The knowledgeable can help me fix it. I'm under the impression this is (hopefully) as warm a community as I think it is :smallsmile:

Haley...

well...

Every plot thread I can seem to put together implicates this... If you tie in
SoD pg# 100 along with OotS #309-(need Pallyblues translation) (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0309.html) and tie it in to the wikipedia entry-(3rd paragraph: Azure City entry.) (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Haley_Starshine). Heh. :smallwink:

Given interest, I'll elaborate on all that.

She's not human, In a typical sense.

You might think she was some sort of tiefling or 1/2 fiend; if you look at her opposite number in the L-G.

Well, I would be very obscure in saying she shares at least one "Colorful" characteristic with Thog.

Haley is none other than the baby daughter of Mr. Cyclops himself.

she is a "gobbo". A very specific gobbo. She's going to bring someone's world crashing to its knees.

Rain on a tin roof. feeling verrrry tired...

Hoping for some feedback, gnight.

Xem

Winged One
2007-08-18, 01:11 AM
The idea has been proposed before, and I think it is no more or less plausible than any other with the information we have. Spoiler tags are created by typing [ spoiler], adding your text to be hidden, and then typing [/ spoiler], removing the spaces within the brackets.

Ithekro
2007-08-18, 02:23 AM
I'm going to say, no. Does not compute. More data is required. Specifically "On the Origin of PCs". That will give you a better breakdown of Haley's timeline. At least by her own words on her age and time in service as a thief and the events in Start of Darkness, no it doesn't work out that way.

It is a good guess without "On the Origin of PCs", but with that information the theory just doesn't fit correctly.

Also she would have recognized the Monster in the Darkness.

PlasticSoldier
2007-08-18, 02:37 AM
Also goblins are very short lived a 24 yr old goblin is about the same age as a 50 yr old human so i doubt it and also she would need lots of polymorphs which could be dispelled.

Icewalker
2007-08-18, 04:30 AM
Haley =/= Right-Eye's daughter.

Just...doesn't....work...

Also, IMO that would be a ridiculous plot twist and a very bad idea for the story, and as such I cannot see Rich doing it.

Aris Katsaris
2007-08-18, 05:42 AM
Timeline doesn't work at all.

3 years before the beginning of the comic, Right-eye's family were all still together and far from Xykon. At that point in time, Haley was still working in the Thieves' Guild.

Pretty sure we're gonna see Right-eye's daughter, but also pretty sure she's not Haley.