PDA

View Full Version : Feats that help the party

heavyfuel
2017-11-10, 04:59 PM
What are some feats that directly help your party?

Sure, Power Attack might make you kill enemies faster, therefore you've helped your party, but that's not what I'm talking about.

I'm talking about things like Draconic Aura.

Feats that give a direct benefit to member of your party

Cheech
2017-11-10, 05:12 PM
Some of the Devotion feats in Complete Champion do - Good, Evil, Protection and Healing, I think

noce
2017-11-10, 05:15 PM
Destruction devotion lowers the AC of the enemy, for you and your party members.
Magic of the land heals on top of the magic effects of the spell.
Rite feats usually provide minor party buffs.

Grod_The_Giant
2017-11-10, 05:28 PM
I suppose item creation feats count.

The [Conspiracy] feats in PHB 2, Exemplars of Evil and Dragon Magic are cool ways of helping everyone. You take a little time and maybe a minor material sacrifice to grant day-long bonuses to everyone involved, usually based on your ranks in Knowledge (Religion).

Armor of Scales grants NA bonuses
Blessing of the Godless creates a pool of healing, and can grant bonuses to saves against fear and divine magic.
Fell Conspiracy links everyone with message spells/telepathic communication and grants some minor sensory bonuses.
Heart of Dragons improves/grants everyone draconic feats.
Ritual Blessing improves healing spells on one subject or grants bonuses against disease and poison, or evil outsiders.
Ritual Blood Bonds grants saves against fear or an attack boost when someone gets dropped.
Ritual Transference lets other people help you make magic items, either by splitting xp costs or contributing prereqs such as spells or race.
Slayer of Dragons makes everyone more resistant to dragon attacks.
Words of Draconic Power can teach everyone draconic, power up language-based spells, and help them resist Power Word spells.

Boggartbae
2017-11-10, 07:24 PM
If everyone is undead, you can use Necromantic Presence and Necromantic Might to give everyone +2 to attacks and saves.

Augment Healing increases your healing spells, which you could then cast on your party.

Extend Spell is good if you're casting buffs on the party

I can't find it right now, but I swear that there's a feat that gives you a bonus to identify any monsters using Knowledge checks, and making knowledge checks to identify monsters is really helpful

Nifft
2017-11-10, 07:44 PM
The [Conspiracy] feats in PHB 2, Exemplars of Evil and Dragon Magic are cool ways of helping everyone. You take a little time and maybe a minor material sacrifice to grant day-long bonuses to everyone involved, usually based on your ranks in Knowledge (Religion).

Psst!

They're [Ceremony] feats, not Conspiracy.

But now I really want actual [Conspiracy] feats to exist... grumble scribble grumble.

TheTrickster
2017-11-11, 07:00 AM
I can't find it right now, but I swear that there's a feat that gives you a bonus to identify any monsters using Knowledge checks, and making knowledge checks to identify monsters is really helpful

Perhaps knowledge devotion? Although that only works on yourself.

heavyfuel
2017-11-11, 07:59 AM
I think he means the Collector of a stories skill trick

DeTess
2017-11-11, 08:27 AM
A couple of the stances and strikes from ToB give bonuses to allies or penalties to enemies, and they can be taken with the martial Stance and Martial Study feats.

Inevitability
2017-11-11, 09:46 AM
Psst!

Well, it's not like anyone ever picks any except for Fell Conspiracy...

Zaq
2017-11-11, 10:45 AM
Fell Conspiracy is far and away the best, which is why it’s already been mentioned multiple times.

No one ever would, but technically you can use Shape Soulmeld (Lucky Dice) and Open Least Chakra (Hands) to give out teeny-tiny bonuses in an area.

It’s a stretch, but one of the feats for learning bonus skill tricks can give you Listen to This and Point It Out, both of which are directly used to help other characters. (Weaksauce use of a feat, of course, but hey.)

I think there are maybe some tactical feats (and/or feats from CWar and similar books that have tactical feats) that can give allies conditional bonuses to AC or something? Maybe?

Are we counting feats that make spells you cast more beneficial to your allies? If so, Magic of the Land probably deserves a mention.

Has anyone mentioned item crafting feats yet? Those can make you pretty popular among your party. You have to choose to use them for your allies’ benefit, but that’s a valid choice to make.

Gold Dragon Lineage lets you burn a spell slot to give your allies a bonus on saving throws. In a similar vein, I think the feats from CAdv that give you new ways to spend Bardic Music uses would qualify. (And hell, while we’re at it, what about Song of the Heart, Words of Creation, and/or Dragonfire Inspiration? It’s technically buffing your IC rather than buffing your allies, but the difference is nearly academic.)

I’m pretty sure that there’s at least one luck feat (probably fairly deep down the feat tree) that lets you spend a reroll on an ally’s behalf. I think. I obviously don’t have the book open.

Nifft
2017-11-11, 11:00 AM
Phalanx Fighting can grant a bonus to you and adjacent allies if they qualify. Two adjacent characters with this feat grant each other a bonus.

darkdragoon
2017-11-12, 05:15 PM
Allied Defense

Battlefield Inspiration

Despana School (summons only)

Formation expert (tactical)

Gold Dragon Lineage

Good Karma

White Raven Defense

Wolfpack (tactical)

Swarmfighting (if they have it as well)

trade X to grant Y
Constant Guardian
Gift of Grace (need Divine Grace)

Ashtagon
2017-11-12, 05:18 PM
Psst!

But now I really want actual [Conspiracy] feats to exist... grumble scribble grumble.

Oh they exist... But I've probably told you too much about them already.

ksbsnowowl
2017-11-15, 04:16 AM
Undo Resistance from Fiendish Codex II lets you sneak attack a foe with a cold iron weapon and drop their Spell Resistance. Multiple hits stack the SR drop.

Hiro Quester
2017-11-15, 09:46 AM
Of course there are many many bardic music feats that help buff the party further.

Anthrowhale
2017-11-15, 10:16 AM
Allied Defense was mentioned. The details are: A Fighter 20 can add 20 to the AC of every adjacent party member using Improved Combat Expertise.

Thurbane
2017-11-16, 06:38 PM
A couple of the stances and strikes from ToB give bonuses to allies or penalties to enemies, and they can be taken with the martial Stance and Martial Study feats.

Indeed, I was going to suggest the same thing.

Here's a few other suggestions, of varying effectiveness (sorry for any double ups of already mentioned feats):

Battlefield Inspiration: +2 saves for allies against fear (can be taken multiple times; specifically excludes you, for some reason)
Dilate Aura: once/encounter, double the range of your aura(s)
Expanded Aura of Courage: expands your aura to 60ft
Gift of Grace: allows a Paladin to share his save bonus
Goad: draw enemy attacks to you instead of allies
Hindering Opportunist/Stalwart Defense: use AoO to aid another
Sacred Purification: expend turn attempts to create area healing
Shieldmate/Improved Shieldmate: +1/+2 (+2/+3) shield bonus to adjacent allies
Stigmata: heal others by taking Con damage

Nifft
2017-11-17, 10:53 PM
Psst!

The grumblings and scribblings have produced some content: www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?542330-Conspiracy-Feats