PDA

View Full Version : DM Help Relentless avenger?

thescarab7
2017-11-10, 06:48 PM
So looking at relentless avenger (move up to half your speed following an AoO you hit someone with, this movement doesn't provoke any AoO's of its own), it seems a bit odd. It is supposed to help you persue fleeing enemies. But the timing doesn't work out (or at least it doesn't look like it), becuase you make the AOO at the oppenent because they try to leave yopur reach, but then you move and they haven't finished their move. This means that mid-move they could change directions, gowing somewhere you didn't so you actually put more distance twixt the two of you... Am I missing something?

DracoKnight
2017-11-11, 11:06 AM
How I’ve always used it: I get my Attack of Opportunity, and then before they finish their move, I push passed them and move ahead, cutting off their escape and attempting to box them in.

thescarab7
2017-11-11, 11:31 AM
How I’ve always used it: I get my Attack of Opportunity, and then before they finish their move, I push passed them and move ahead, cutting off their escape and attempting to box them in.

Right, but evem that seems very VERY situational, in that it only works if they only have one escape method in sight.

Monavic
2017-11-11, 11:58 AM
Right, but evem that seems very VERY situational, in that it only works if they only have one escape method in sight.
It's true that it does not let you block all the escape options, I feel that would be too powerful for the ability. It does however force them to change to a likely less optimal route or stay and fight you.