PDA

View Full Version : I need some prestige class help please...

ExoticMage1
2017-11-10, 08:18 PM
I need a prestige class for my rogue character. I wanted one that would help with her hand to hand combat, or close range combat. If you could help me out, it'd be amazing.

Half elf
Lvl. 2 rogue
Str-13
Dex-18
Con-14
Int-18
Wis-12
Cha-15
Skills with 8 ranks or higher-Escape artist, Hide, Move silently, Search, Sleight of hand
Skills with 7 ranks- Balance, Bluff
Skills with 6 ranks- Craft(Weaponsmithing), Diplomacy, Listen, Open Lock, Use rope
Prized posessions-Daggers, thistledown blanket given to me by mother and jar of hydra urine.

Our current campaign is a prophecy, but I only joined a while ago.

Darrin
2017-11-10, 09:25 PM
We're going to need to know what sourcebooks are available. Are online sources ok? How about Dragon Magazine? Any setting-specific books you want to avoid, or are you down with cross-pollinating from different campaign worlds?

What feats did you take? (Listing those are more important than skill points.)

As a level 2 rogue, you're not quite ready for PrCs yet... most of those unlock around level 6 or 7. So you'll want to decide if you want to stick with more levels of rogue, or multiclass into fighter, ranger, barbarian, etc.

Rogue 3 is worth getting because you get BAB +1, 1d6 sneak attack, and possibly the Penetrating Strike ACF from Dungeonscape, which helps you do some damage against creatures that are normally immune to sneak attack.

After that, Rogue 4 has another BAB +1, more skill points, and Uncanny Dodge. Or you could pick up two levels of Fighter for the bonus feats, maybe the Hit-and-Run ACF from Drow of the Underdark, and then from there jump into a PrC.

Another option after Rogue 3 is Swashbuckler 3, take the Daring Outlaw feat from Complete Scoundrel, and continue as a Swashbuckler. You get full BAB, full sneak attack, better skill points than a fighter, and... ok, it kinda lacks some "oomph" in the later levels, but Rogue 4/Swatchbuckler 16 is still a pretty solid build. But it's not exactly a prestige class.

If you're looking for interesting PrCs, then it would help if you give us something more specific than "hand to hand combat, or close range combat". You can get that mostly by taking more fighter levels. Do you want to stand toe-to-toe with the meatbags up front? Or do you want to move around a lot, bouncing from target to target? Do you prefer stabbing people from the shadows and then slinking away? Mix in a little magic with the murderstabbing? Or do you want to branch out into other non-combat roles, like Party Face, MacGuyvering, or Gadgeteering?

thistledown blanket given to me by mother and jar of hydra urine.

Ok, you *MUST* explain this, particularly if your mother gave you the jar of hydra urine!

ATHATH
2017-11-10, 10:42 PM
How'd you get 8+ skill ranks in a single skill as a level 2 character?

What's your alignment?

Goaty14
2017-11-10, 10:58 PM
How'd you get 8+ skill ranks in a single skill as a level 2 character?

Yea, that and you generally can't get into prestige classes until after level 5.

ATHATH
2017-11-10, 11:02 PM
What are your feats and race?