PDA

View Full Version : Optimization Best +1 LA Template on a Human Druid?

Endarire
2017-11-11, 02:56 AM
Besides Dark, Half-Minotaur, and Fire-Souled which I had considered, what other +1 LA templates would likely be worthwhile for a Human Druid? I would likely be gaining this template at level 8-10 and this Undead-heavy campaign is scheduled to last until about level 20.

Assume this template is available for free or is easily bought off. All 3.5 material (and unupdated 3.0 material) from first party books and web sources as well as magazines considered.

Biffoniacus_Furiou
2017-11-11, 03:49 AM
Quasilycanthrope (http://archive.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/mb/20040721a) gets you DR 10/Silver, the Shapechanger subtype, and the ability to have cat ears/tail or lizard scales or whatever in humanoid form. Wild Shape allows you to keep all your special qualities so you'll have that damage reduction in whatever form you take.

Endarire
2017-11-11, 04:56 AM
Biff: Thankee! I was debating which template would be best, but Quasilycanthrope is looking more appealing now. I was mostly concerned about getting something that helps in Wild Shape.

Yogibear41
2017-11-11, 12:50 PM
The Feral template is also nice, no damage reduction but fast healing, as well as a boost to wisdom.

Endarire
2017-11-14, 04:34 AM
I like some parts of Feral, but -4 INT deterred me. I like m' mental stats, especially for skill points and Druidic things.