PDA

View Full Version : Tallarine, the City of Adventure (IC)

Ionbound
2017-11-11, 09:59 AM
You have passed the tests. Today, you enter the Adventurer's Guildhall, a tall and imposing windowless building, not as initiates, but as fully-fledged adventurers. Your mentor Helena, the woman who guided you through the tests, smiles as she sees you come in and waves as she calls out, "Hey everyone, greet the newest Adventurers!" There's a chorus of greetings and waves from the other guild members who are going about their various businesses, then they return to them as Helena strolls towards you and says in her usually excited way, "So? How does it feel? You're officially adventurers now!"

Shadowflick
2017-11-11, 02:12 PM
Ezperanza paces into the Adventurers guild's hall, spinning on her heel as she takes in the sights of the Adventurer Hall. "Yes! The feeling is...overwhelming. Now I am no longer Ezperanza De Rayos Corina Dos Santos Manuela Santiago, but now I am Ezperanza De Rayos Corina Dos Santos Manuela Santiago The Adventurer!" she puts a hand on her chin as she stops mid way in her pacing "But...I imagined it would be more....exotic inside? The lack of windows is...underwhelming"

Esprit15
2017-11-11, 04:35 PM
Yakun looks around. It seemed a nice building certainly, but the familiar scent of parchment was lacking. ”It’s... underwhelming, to be honest. Of course, that’s because all we have done so far is pass some tests. Any fool can do that. When do we get to something more challenging?”

questionmark693
2017-11-11, 05:01 PM
Sotel walked quietly with the other recent graduates. DUring the brief applause, he felt a surge of pride he forgot to hide from his face, knowing he was finally able to begin his journey back into civilization, and being with people again.

Honestly? It feels good. I've been looking forward to this for some time no. I agree however; I'm anxious to begin!

Sotel looked to his other classmates, surprised at their irreverance for what had been accomplished by all of them.

IrnBruAddict
2017-11-11, 06:33 PM
Oh great, her name was long enough already, and she wanted to make it longer. Personally, Kreig never seen the need to have more than two names, and he himself only had one. Well, he was pretty sure he did have a second name, but if he did then it escaped him at the moment, not having used it for the better part of two decades now.

Kreig observed the others from the back of the group. He was mostly concerned with wiping the last bit of blood from under his fingernails, fiddling with the hem of his un-tucked shirt that stuck out past his armour. Truthfully, he liked the building, used to no windows from his many nights below deck. And it didn't stink as much as the bowels of a ship either. Didn't know why he didn't try this dry-land gig earlier.

'I like it. I mean, I'll like it even more when we get to the bar, but I've certainly slept in worse places and for half the pay.'

Eshkigal
2017-11-11, 06:59 PM
"They probably had too many use the windows for dramatic exits, Esperanza. Though from the test, I must admit, the number of box puzzles surprised me. Do they really come up so often?"
Nepeth stands in the back, having let his fellows speak first. He gives a mirthful grin as well, as he gazes around the building, leaning against his giant hammer. The lack of windows reminded him of the longhouse, though there was less drinking, eating, or going about daily business than home. Also, too little art. That would have to be fixed.
"It is nice, though no change is truly felt yet, I guess. That shall likely change after our first mission though, eh?"
He gazes around at his fellows on that.

Ionbound
2017-11-11, 08:33 PM
Helena grits her teeth in frustration at Yakun, but smiles bright and says, "Good! I'm glad most of you are feeling so well! You have a little downtime before your first mission. I suggest you speak with the Smith, or-" She cuts off as a hulking figure appears over her shoulder, who you recognize as Barral, another one of the guild champions. He harrumphs, "Hmph. You're the next group of runts Helena has decided to adopt? Pitiful." He then turns to look at Helena and says, "Come on. You've kept Guild Master Varren waiting for long enough. He sent me to fetch you."

Helena sighs, then looks at the party one last time and says, "Alright. I'll give you your first mission once I'm done with this meeting. In the mean time, I suggest you get to know some of the services here. Ciao!~" She turns, and leaves with Barral, leaving you alone. Nearby is a signpost pointing to the Library, Vault, Smithy, and Treasury. Additionally, there are a number of other adventurers milling about, carrying out their business for the day. What do you do?

questionmark693
2017-11-13, 12:35 AM
Sotel saw the irritation on Helena's face, who apparently aso didn't care for his classmates flippant attitude. Nonetheless, they were his team, so he needed to keep peace, and criticism never got anybody anywhere; or at least, so his parents always said.

Well we don't have a ton of time, so I dunno about you guys, but I would enjoy seeing the Vault before we take off. They probably won't let us in when we come back smelling like sewers, right? he finished with half a smile, hoing his joke wasn't too awkward; his humor was rusty.

Esprit15
2017-11-13, 05:10 AM
Sotel saw the irritation on Helena's face, who apparently aso didn't care for his classmates flippant attitude. Nonetheless, they were his team, so he needed to keep peace, and criticism never got anybody anywhere; or at least, so his parents always said.

Well we don't have a ton of time, so I dunno about you guys, but I would enjoy seeing the Vault before we take off. They probably won't let us in when we come back smelling like sewers, right? he finished with half a smile, hoping his joke wasn't too awkward; his humor was rusty.

"'Don't know,' you mean. Though yes, a jaunt to the vault could be interesting. I would think that it would be mixed in with the treasury, so that it is not is intriguing," Yakun says, disregarding the distasteful demeanors of those around him. "Maybe you don't, but if we were to be sent into the sewers, I would be thoroughly bathing myself for the rest of the day when we returned."

IrnBruAddict
2017-11-13, 06:04 AM
'Let me tell you, buddy' says Kreig, patting Yakun on the shoulder, 'I'm not sure what they got planned for us, but thoroughly bathing you isn't on my to-do-list for today.'

Kreig squeezes past the pointy-ears, heading to the Smithy, since that was the only thing the boss lady said before getting cut off, whistling an off-tune melody of some half-remembered sea shanty. He had his blade, and his spare warhammer, but an extra knife or two never hurt, and it was always good practice to get in good with the people who keep your weapons keen.

Eshkigal
2017-11-13, 10:17 AM
That gets a light chuckle from Nepeth, who heads towards the smithy as well. Though he turns towards Sotel before getting out of range.
"The Vault does sound interesting, but if we're headed out soon, it would be wise to be stocked up. Any wares you want, Sotel? I'll grab them if you tell us of the Vault' s contents when we meet up."

Esprit15
2017-11-13, 01:41 PM
That gets a light chuckle from Nepeth, who heads towards the smithy as well. Though he turns towards Sotel before getting out of range.
"The Vault does sound interesting, but if we're headed out soon, it would be wise to be stocked up. Any wares you want, Sotel? I'll grab them if you tell us of the Vault' s contents when we meet up."

Yakun just gives the sailor a bewildered look as he pushes past. He hadn’t requested any of them bathe him, and the statement clearly was in response to a return trip. Perhaps he just didn’t speak common very well.

”I recommend waiting until we actually have an assignment, if you don’t already have most of the goods you would travel with.”

Shadowflick
2017-11-13, 04:28 PM
Ezperanza glares as Barral leaves. Once he heads out of earshot, she turns to the group "Pitiful?
Hmmmph! I'll show him pitiful after out first assignment! Today, we may be runts, tomorrow though!" She stands at attention "Heroes! Or.....mercenaries with a well proved track record, but still!"

She taps her chin, thinking of where she, and perhaps the group should go "Well, the vault would be interesting to explore, but after, I would like to see our...competitors. What other people have decided to take up the mantle...adventurer" She says, with a dramatic flare

questionmark693
2017-11-14, 01:04 AM
Sotel attempted to nod in gratitude to Nepeth, but was more caught up in the stare of surprise he directed at Kreig.
I am plenty stocked, thank you. Besides, the smithy would have very little to interest me; metal armors are too heavy,
and most smiths make poor fletchers. That said, perhaps it would be better to stay together? I will accompany you to the smith, and perhaps my early judgment will not be accurate. If that is ok with you, Esperanza? Sotel finished with a question, hoping that Esperanze was not too set on the Vault.