PDA

View Full Version : I might have messed up SKT spoilers

Stygofthedump
2017-11-11, 08:46 PM
So the party specifically asked about treasure when at the eye of the all father. The only one that came to mind was lythiths hoard. Long story short-instead of blowing conch and going to maelstrom, they are heading toward desert. What to do? Have scene and have lythith arrive and probably kill them? Have place abandoned except some gargoyles? Ideas?

Danielqueue1
2017-11-12, 04:46 PM
depends on your players/playstyle.

Blue Dragons are known for playing with their prey and dragging out fights over long periods. Having it do a quick sweep over the party with a lightning breath and then just leave. half the party injured and no enemy to fight, then have her come back. again and again. shifting sands and sweeping lightning attacks. draining their resources before they even get close. If they keep trucking through the desert, then their deaths will be on their own hands. if they catch the hint and turn back then they are good to go. (and what better way to interrupt a long rest than with lighting breath to the camp. and what better way to wake up than having a dragon burrow up under your tent and eat you. what better way to get rid of that pesky airship than having a dragon fly by and pop the thing supporting it.

If they are more reasonable, have an NPC warn them of the dangers.

Envyus
2017-11-12, 04:58 PM
How come they are being suicidally stupid. It's a ancient Dragons Lair. They will get murdered.

Stygofthedump
2017-11-14, 01:32 AM
They don’t know it’s a dragons lair as they asked for unguarded treasure and dragon was away at the time

Stygofthedump
2017-11-14, 01:33 AM
Some good ideas there, thanks

SirGraystone
2017-11-14, 10:59 AM
One possibility is to let them attempt to loots the dragon hoard, the dragon is away, let them deal with gargoyles and traps. Have her learn after the robbery who they are and send minions to assassinate them or something.

When they finally made it to Maelstorm she could lose her temper and call them thieves before everyones, revealing herself to the giants, since the desert lair will be done already, have the final fight with her in the middle of Maelstorm.

Another way, is to distract them and guide them back where you want. Have the ghost of the storm giant Queen appears to them in their dream, and begs them to save her family.

BeefGood
2017-11-14, 12:30 PM
I wouldn't call this messing up. The party made a great choice of question. Unfortunately for them, the unguarded part of it, which seems like a great opportunity now, may come back to bite them.
What I especially like about this is that everyone who has read or played SKT knows the types of questions that are "supposed" to be asked here. The party didn't go along with that. Good for them!
I'd say, let them go for the treasure, and don't make artificial efforts to hinder them (like having a random encounter every day of the journey.)
Assuming that the party survives the treasure encounter, it will be interesting to see what they do next, as at that point they will be pretty well off the "intended" plotline.

Stygofthedump
2017-11-15, 02:03 AM
Thanks for ideas guys. Ill have encounter to try to warn them off and if they persist i'll probably run it with no dragon. She will hit them later.

BeefGood
2017-11-15, 07:30 AM
Another piece of the puzzle
iymrith has two offspring page 73. Maybe they go by and check on her lair every so often while she is away.