PDA

View Full Version : Dual-Advancing Sorcerer & Nar Demonbinder possible?

JW86
2017-11-12, 03:14 AM
Hi Playgrounders,

I'm aware of Mystic Theurge which will advance an arcane/divine caster, Ultimate Magus which will advance a prepared/spontaneous arcane caster, but I'm wondering if there is any PrC which would advance two spontaneous arcane casters.

I'd like to build a Sorcerer/Nar Demonbinder, but don't want to lose out on further Sorcerer spellcasting. Nar Demonbinder has a cool list but somewhat limited, and I am a fiend for ultimate arcane power.

Is this possible? Any theurge classes, other workarounds, or other ways of building something similar? I don't want to get tied down to a Wizard's spellcasting, book-keeping, etc.

Many thanks.

J

Oracle71
2017-11-12, 08:23 AM
You could take the Arcane Preparation feat and beg your DM to allow you to count that as being able to "prepare spells" for taking Ultimate Magus.

Anthrowhale
2017-11-12, 08:53 AM
You could take the Arcane Preparation feat and beg your DM to allow you to count that as being able to "prepare spells" for taking Ultimate Magus.

Ultimate Magus is more stringent: it requires "prepare and cast ... from a spellbook". Wu Jen and Wizard have a spellbook. A few oddball classes might as well. As far as I know, there is no way to get a spellbook from feats.

ATHATH
2017-11-12, 02:48 PM
Ultimate Magus is more stringent: it requires "prepare and cast ... from a spellbook". Wu Jen and Wizard have a spellbook. A few oddball classes might as well. As far as I know, there is no way to get a spellbook from feats.
IIRC, Magical Training lets you use a spellbook, but doesn't really help us out here.

Oracle71
2017-11-12, 03:48 PM

Yeah I know, but one can still beg, right?

ATHATH
2017-11-12, 03:57 PM
Yeah I know, but one can still beg, right?
If you wanted to beg, taking the Alternative Source Spell feat and entering Mystic Theurge would be a much more permissible option, IMO.

Feantar
2017-11-12, 05:29 PM
Maybe Southern Magician (Races of Faerun), which allows you to cast an arcane spell as a divine spell, thus making you a caster of both. Take that, then go Mystic Theurge.