PDA

View Full Version : So Celestial Warlock's level 10 feature is a gimped Inspiring Leader

Rebonack
2017-11-12, 01:44 PM
Does it seem like bad design to anyone else for a class feature to be straight up worse than a Feat? Because this thing is worse in every single way. Not only does Inspiring Leader grant more temp HP to your companions, you can use it multiple times to buff up six people every ten minutes (though only once person per short rest). To add insult to injury, they don't stack at all due to how Temp HP work.

How would you fix this?

Does it NEED to be fixed?

Rfkannen
2017-11-12, 02:27 PM
I think my main problem with it is that since your a celestial warlock, no one can really take the feat themselves because it makes your ability 100% useless, and so your whole party is stuck with your worse version.

Tanarii
2017-11-12, 02:36 PM
I think my main problem with it is that since your a celestial warlock, no one can really take the feat themselves because it makes your ability 100% useless, and so your whole party is stuck with your worse version.
Why is that? Inspiring Leader doesn't need to occur during the short rest. You can use it any time you have ten minutes to spare.

Rfkannen
2017-11-12, 02:47 PM
Why is that? Inspiring Leader doesn't need to occur during the short rest. You can use it any time you have ten minutes to spare.

WOOPS! never mind!

Dalebert
2017-11-12, 05:29 PM
Feats are a pretty big deal and are supposed to be good. I don't really follow why a class feature sucks if it's not as good as a feat. There are lots of crappy class features (and I don't think this is one of them) that are far worse than a feat. Just look at both the level 6 and level 10 Monk of the Hand features. They're jokes. You have to look at an archetype on the whole. SOmetimes they have one or two amazeballs features and a couple lackluster ones. I really like this feature. It's almost Inspiring Leader but you don't have to spend a feat on it. And let's face it. Inspiring Leader is one of the best feats. It also has one slight advantage on I.L. in that it's automatic. You don't actually have to spend 10 minutes on it.