PDA

View Full Version : D&D 3.5 Vehicle Campaign IC

Goaty14
2017-11-12, 02:03 PM
The man, burly and a bit too large for his height is sitting at the desk before you all.

Greetings, I have called you here to ask for a favor. My name is Jack Timberloof, and I want you to transport me and my... basket of apples to Grebrook without a scratch to neither me or my goods.
Looking left and right as in the search of spies, he whispers

I did not summon you here for but a mere bag of apple, because recently, I have acquired... this
As he opens his clasped hands, he reveals what appears to be a Ring of Three Wishes

I am to bring it to the King of Grebrook as a gift (Knowledge Nobility & Royalty for names :smallwink:)
He then shouts, making his voice obvious to any onlooker

AND I EXPECT NO HARM BE DONE TO ANY SUCH APPLE! I WILL CHARGE YOU 100 GP FOR EVERY SCRATCH!
Resuming his normal voice, he says

I have no interest in how we get there, all that I ask is that we arrive. As a wealthy exotic-apple trader myself, I can afford you a variety of carts of various sizes, I will go with whichever you choose
He says as he slides several documents towards you

Ok so there are several so you each get a copy :)
The document has the options of...

-4 Horses and a 2x4 cart
-2 horses and a 2x6 cart
-no horses and a 2x8 cart
-no horses and a 3x6 cart
-A 5x5 flying carpet and a 2x6 cart.

Jack Timberloof (your employer) will be in the passenger seat with the hired pilot (unless somebody else wants to pilot :smallwink:) both of which don't count against your squares.
EDIT: The horses are for riding and ride checks, your cart will move at the same speed regardless of which option you take.

LairdMaon
2017-11-12, 02:23 PM
"I might suggest" the winged warforged starts, "that the four horse cart might be the best fortified and fastest." He flutters his large wings for a moment. "I will remain overhead to watch for bandits and, er... apple thieves."

Fliggl
2017-11-12, 03:12 PM
When Jacub heard Jack saying Apples he remembers when Fidibur once juggle with 6 apples at once. Jacub was so excited about it.

Jacks shout returned him into the now and then. He took the paper, studied it and then saw the fluttering wings. Hey, I can fly by myself, too!

Cassus
2017-11-12, 03:59 PM
Shara glanced over the documents, absently tugging his fingerless gloves tighter across his palms. "I would never trust myself to a horse's or a carpet's destiny, so my opinion about those options perhaps matters least. That said, surely one of the larger carts would make it easier for us to keep these precious apples-- and yourself-- safe in the center? Perhaps the 2x6 or the 3x6? Mr. Timberloof, it does confuse me why you choose to travel in such an exposed position. Is that part of the wagon better-fortified or some such?"

Untrained K:Nobility: [roll0]

Goaty14
2017-11-12, 04:30 PM
I am fairly certain that traveling on a moving castle will attract unwanted attention, and after buying this produce I am left with little coin. Otherwise,
we are somewhat hidden from outside view due to it being more than a table with wheels.

Travelling in a large thing would attract bigger things blah blah blah Tarrasque blah blah. You get 1/2 cover from the wagon.

Chimaera
2017-11-12, 07:25 PM
Helena look at the contract and options for vehicle, going deep in thoughts.

"I have a mount myself, Ceros, and since we are...", she looks around, "Six? So maybe the two mount might be better for us, although I'll probably stay into the vehicle, not on mount".

2 mounts and 2x6 cart seems nice.

Helena, being a healer, will stay with the most people, changing to mounted position if some rider need healing and buff, summoning Ceros as the need rises

"And dont worry, Jack. As long as you're close to me, you and your apples will be in good hands", the healer says, knitting a purple scarf while they talk business.

Tsunamiatunzen1
2017-11-13, 10:18 AM
Upon revealing the ring, the two pale beings known as Dvati couldn't help but gawk at the fabled object. An inward debate quickly ensued between the two.
{If we could get our hands on that thing that would solve our debt in a snap!}
{Yeah but stealing it would probably be more trouble than its worth and its got no moving parts to mess with.}
{No fun.} They both concluded.
The twins glanced briefly at Helena as she mentioned the number of people. There had been many debates about whether they should be known as one or separate beings... not that they particularly cared about such trivial matters.
"Bigger the better," Deus quipped.
"And we hate riding."
"But we won't stop you from doing so."
"Yet if we're going to attract attention by flying, why not go all out with the magic carpet and the 2x6?"
"Otherwise, two horses with the 2x6 cart," both stated.
They both gave a mischievous grin at the other twin as they looked longingly at the Warforged. They didn't particularly care who their employer was but they did care how in the world something like that could move about... and they had no qualms about living up to their name as Gremlins.

Debatra
2017-11-13, 12:57 PM
The fur-covered Elf steps forward and mutters to the collected group. "Those carpets have weight limits. It would be faster to just send the package there in a straight line, but it would have to fly close enough to the ground for the rest of us to keep up. I can fly, but only for a few minutes each day."

Fliggl
2017-11-13, 01:07 PM
Jacub saw the arguing twins and starts to laugh MUHAHAHAHAHA! You two guys are funny.
Shortly after he was down to business and replied
Even I can fly by myself, I find it important to stay near as possible at the guarded person. So I will stay at the vehicle, too. The size doesn't matter. He was all reasonable.
And Jack, how much do you pay for our service?

Goaty14
2017-11-13, 06:28 PM
And Jack, how much do you pay for our service?

I will pay you a large sum on gold, but... the situation that I am in demands that I cannot pay you until I get paid.
10charsofjustice

Debatra
2017-11-13, 07:06 PM
Inti perks up somewhat at their employer's words. "While I certainly understand the concept of 'payment upon completion', I'm afraid I'll have to ask you to be a bit more specific on the numbers."

Chimaera
2017-11-13, 07:14 PM
"So I guess the 10ftx30ft cart along with two mounts might be the best for this journey", Helena says after analyzing the document given to her, "That if everyone is okay with it".

She look at everyone hired by Jack, "I would also like to weave a small tapestry with your... souls", she says piercing her index finger with a silver pin and pulling a silver line, "It will allow me to heal everyone with less effort".

Cassus
2017-11-13, 07:48 PM
Shara nodded at the choice of vehicle. "As long as there is room to sit. Though truthfully it sounds as if not many of us will be sitting during this trip. Who will be depending on the horses?"

Helena's other statement produced a more skeptical reaction. "Tapestry of... souls?" He gave a sound halfway between a grunt and a chuckle. "Assuming you are the one who finds mine, how does this work? Do they tear loose?"

Goaty14
2017-11-13, 08:02 PM
Inti perks up somewhat at their employer's words. "While I certainly understand the concept of 'payment upon completion', I'm afraid I'll have to ask you to be a bit more specific on the numbers."

I am currently unaware of exact numbers, but at least 97,000 gold will be paid to me. The King of Grebrook is known for giving little amounts of payment for large sums of trade goods. Fear not, if he doesn't compensate, I have connections that could make it reasonable.

You can roll a social skill if you want him to change his mind. DC 20

LairdMaon
2017-11-13, 08:08 PM
"You wish to weave with my soul.
I'm afraid I must decline with respect. It is my with my soul that my abilities work at all. I cannot be parted from it,
then you though."

"Otherwise, I am content to travel on." Böse steps outside and stretches his wings.

Tsunamiatunzen1
2017-11-13, 11:52 PM
"A tapestry-," Du'Os began.
"of souls?" Deus finished. Both quite bewildered.
{If we were to allow them to do as they wish what would they find?}
{Not sure but this should definitely be interesting.}
Du'Os stepped forward.
"Exactly how many would you be able to 'weave'? While we are curious as to how this is done, our bond is quite delicate and we dare not separate from each other."
I think you'll need to expend 2 slots for the both of them. The psicrystal may or may not be involved.
"As for transportation," Deus interrupts, "we have agreed on the two horses so that others may ride. We'll sit in the cart. So far that's... three people who definitely want it."
She couldn't help but grin, knowing full well that the both of them would provide a good number of votes since there were technically two of them. Though they might seem a bit discordant, the twins were in truth of one mind.

Chimaera
2017-11-14, 12:22 AM
"It's not exactly souls, more like life force. I'm a War Weaver, an arcanist capable of weaving together an eldritch tapestry which conect us so that whenever I cast a benevolent spell it enlarge my reach and allow me target all of us as a single entity", Helena says, "That said, it doesnt grant me any power nor control over any of you".

Turning to Du'os/Deus, "And I can weave up to five others, not counting myself nor Ceros".

Harmless spells cast by me and of level x or lower (where x is my war weaver's class level - 1st) can be cast considering the whole tapestry a single creature (and thus affecting all in it).

That means that at this level, Helena can make everyone receive the benefits of any harmess 1st level spell (like Cure Light Wounds or Protection from Evil). The tapestry doesnt change the range of the spell (until I reach 5th level at least), so whenever she cast a touch spell she'll also affect those adjacents to her for free.

Debatra
2017-11-14, 10:30 AM
(Taking ten for a 26 on Knowledge [Arcana] to know what Helena's talking about.)

A look of dawning comprehension appears on Inti's face as she steps toward the Weaver. "Ah, I've actually heard about this kind of thing. Indeed, 'soul' isn't really the right word." She turns to face the assembled group. "You have nothing to worry about from this. It's perfectly harmless."

Fliggl
2017-11-14, 01:31 PM
I guess it's a good thing being connected. What do I have to do? Jacub was happy to be with others after such a long time.

The big man inspected his new companions. MUHAHAHA! Look at us!
What a strange bunch we are... His laughing was deep and honest.

Okay, friends he clapped his hands together let's deliver some apples

He took a step closer to Jack and said convincingly I would prefer some kind of deposit or a guarantee. Just in case, you know?

Goaty14
2017-11-14, 07:26 PM
He took a step closer to Jack and said convincingly I would prefer some kind of deposit or a guarantee. Just in case, you know?

Alright alright. If you really *need* assurance, here
Jack says, pulling out a parchment, scribbling some words onto it

...this is a letter to Count Cheesemire assuring him to allow you access into Vault C12
Jack rolls up the parchment, ties it with some string, and hands it to Jacub.

Alright, let's go then?
Oops, I forgot, how DO you guys want to go there? I'm trying to railroad as little as possible, and if you don't like this guy, you could boot him off somewhere along the way :smallwink:. Map is pinned in the discord & first post.

Tsunamiatunzen1
2017-11-14, 08:00 PM
"Huh, kind of disappointing actually." Deus sighs.
"Lot's of debate on whether or not we have one or two souls." Du'Os finishes.
Regardless, they submit themselves to the interesting technique.

Afterwards, they rush outside to be the first to look at the mode of transportation, though it's just as likely they would take it apart as ride it.

Chimaera
2017-11-14, 08:06 PM
Helena look at the map and begin to trace a few routes.

"Well, I see two routes we could use to reach Grebrook", she says drawing two lines, a red and a blue one, in the map.

"We can make this a land-only travel, going north towards Gastow and then Grebrook", she taps the red line, "Or we can travel northeast to Leford and from there hire a boat or caravel and sail the lake up to Grebrook, making stops at Boodale or Leham to restock, etc".

She look to everyone, "I would prefer going through the lake as there will be more cities to to stop, but I'm open to alternative routes as well".

Trying to recollect what she might have heard of the following locations and people:

Leford [roll0]
Boodale [roll1]
Leham [roll2]
Gastow [roll3]
Grebrook [roll4]

The King of Grebrook [roll5]
The COunt Cheesemire [roll6]

LairdMaon
2017-11-14, 09:02 PM
The Ds nearly run straight into Böse as they dash outside. "Whoa there! With that rush I must assume you've either filtched something and are trying to escape, you got CAUGHT trying to filtch something and are trying to escape, ooor you've all made your choices and you're excited to see the cart we'll be taking."

He looks over the two bodies. "I'm choosing to credit you with that third option. What are we riding out in?"

Tsunamiatunzen1
2017-11-14, 11:04 PM
As they begin to discuss plans, the twins rush back in, almost bowling Bose over once again.
"Not ANYWHERE near Sirione. That's why we're here in the first place!" Du'Os cries out.
The other twin is strangely silent, using the distraction provided to prod Bose's wings, even going so far as to pull out a crystal and putting it close to him as if to measure him somehow.
They were known for curiosity and mischief, not for manners.

Fliggl
2017-11-15, 02:32 AM
Jacub took the paper thankfully and putted it in his backpack.

Let's take the blue one.
There's something I have to do in Boodale. he said.

Cassus
2017-11-15, 03:13 AM
"Not souls? Then what -are- you weaving? I must see this new thing." Shara sounded more hopeful than excited, but he did pay close attention during the sewing.

Afterwards, "Water travel has a more coherent set of outcomes, and it is harder to stop a ship in deep water than a cart on dry land. And most of us can fly carrying those who cannot, so the biggest risks are mitigated. And besides, apples float. Let us go that way, yes."

Chimaera
2017-11-15, 12:40 PM
"It's easier to just show", she says and begin to draw silver lines from her hands and sewing them on those who accept it. As she pierce the others with her needle, no pain can be felt and the lines change color to a different one for each differnt character.

The whole process took ten minutes and once they're all entangled in colorful lines, she focus her mind and say something in celestial:

"Et corpus multorum spirituum", and the lines vanish in thin air.

She can weave herself plus 5 others:
Shara;
Deus & Du'os;
Jacub;
Böse;
Inti.

Jack will be out of the tapestry as he will benefit mostly form healing only, not buffs.

"So I guess it's settled: let sail the lake!", she says excited, "Just a few words of caution before: during my travels as field healer I've heard many stories and tales of those places. Although Leford is an okay place to do business, Boodale have several troubles with pirates while Leham is pretty much ruled by criminals and overlords. So once we reach the lake we better watch out for black flags and crossed bones".

She turns to Jack, "Also, I've never heard about this Count Cheesemire. Where he's from? And can we go to this Vault C12 before we start our long travel?"

LairdMaon
2017-11-15, 03:16 PM
Böse swipes his wings back and, with a strong sweep and a leap, powers 20' into the sky. He calls back down to the twins, "I think I'll stay up here if you two don't mind."

Goaty14
2017-11-15, 07:52 PM
She turns to Jack, "Also, I've never heard about this Count Cheesemire. Where he's from? And can we go to this Vault C12 before we start our long travel?"

He uhh... travels around like I do, last I heard he was in Heapool. Vault C12 is in Llanfill, but I'm not paying you until we get may part of the deal
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As you're riding along, you are making sure to keep an eye out for monsters, bandits, anything (I'm going to roll spot checks for everybody, DC 14 (Rolled 1d20-3 ;))
Helena Bartelby [roll0]
Shara Zair [roll1]
Deus [roll2]
Du'os [roll3]
Jacub Lumber [roll4]
Böse Toten [roll5]
Inti Jervae [roll6]

You see a large, golden bird high up in the sky, knowledge Nature if you want. It appears to be getting larger and larger :smallwink:

Debatra
2017-11-15, 08:16 PM
Inti continues walking along, whistling innocently.

LairdMaon
2017-11-15, 08:17 PM
"ALERT! BE AWARE! POTENTIAL ASSAILANT INCOMING FROM THE SKY!" Böse calls down to the cart, "I will allow it to close so we might bring our full force to bear on it."

Tsunamiatunzen1
2017-11-15, 10:43 PM
{Uhhh, Deus?}
{What? I'm still busy reviewing the possible functions of crys-}
{Exactly how big do birds get?} indicating up mentally.
{Not THAT big.} Deus stared incredulously.
{Also the party-pooping clanker is freaking out.}
{Better do something about it.} they both agreed.
With that, they began to concentrate in tandem, mentally supporting each other as a soft basso hum whirs about the creature, threads attempting to wrap themselves around the feathered being.

Manifesting Ectoplasmic Cocoon on the bird. Overchannel allows me to bump up my manifester level by 2. Expending Psionic Focus to avoid Overchannel damage.
Concentration to avoid losing power: [roll0]
5 points to manifest + 6 points to allow it to affect creatures of up to Gargantuan size.
11 points total.
Bird must make DC 19 Reflex save or be unable to move for 11 rounds due to being cocooned.

Cassus
2017-11-15, 11:15 PM
Shara, busily scanning the road ahead, jerked his head upwards at the shout. "Potential, hmm?" Shara focused. "Let's have none of that." Without looking, he drew a card from one of the boxes at his hip. Absently, "The Pyre, inverted. Represents a loss of power or momentum and an inglorious end to a life. It is yours." He squinted up at the indistinct blotch plummeting towards him, waiting for it to resolve.

Free action: Begin Gaze attack on the bird. Deals [roll0] cold damage, DC 18 Will negates.
Standard: Ready action to cast Slow on the bird when it comes within 45'. DC 17 Will save negates.

[roll1] vs DC 25 (Balam)
[roll2] vs DC 20 (Buer)

Chimaera
2017-11-15, 11:55 PM
Helena was casually looking up when te gigantic bird appeared and when she hears the Böse yelling she is quick to react.

"Join hands with me, now!", she says touching those around her and casting a simple divination, "It may not be hostile and I know how to speak with animals, so try not to freak out", she says to everybody, but looking to Böse.

Lasts 7 minutes and grants everyone +2 insight to Initiative

LairdMaon
2017-11-16, 12:13 AM
"Taking a higher position. I'll hold off attacking until it does."
Böse flares out his wings and soars above the trajectory of the large, mysterious bird.

Fliggl
2017-11-16, 01:00 AM
MUHAHAHA! Keep calm guys.
This is just a roc. If we don't harm him he wont harm us either! Jacub said quietly. Everthing's fine

Goaty14
2017-11-16, 01:02 AM
ROLL INITIATIVE!

Helena Bartelby [roll0]
Shara Zair [roll1]
Deus/Du'Os [roll2]
Jacub Lumber [roll3]
Böse Toten [roll4]
Inti Jervae [roll5]

LairdMaon
2017-11-16, 01:05 AM
Holding position above the roc's path, holding action. Thrombash in hand.

Goaty14
2017-11-16, 01:12 AM
Oops forgot enemy initiative

[roll0] - ???
[roll1] - Roc

Initiative Order:
1. Bose Toten
2. Roc
3. Deus/Du'Os
4. Shara Zair
5. Jacub Lumber
6. Initi Jervae
7. ???
8. Helena Bartleby.

Bose is up first!

Fliggl
2017-11-16, 01:43 AM
With the honour guards special ability “Never Surprised“ and his “Ready for Anything“ ability, Jacub readies an Eldritch Blast to shoot the roc when it comes closer than 80ft.

Ready for Anything (Ex)
The honour guard is a master of readying actions. He can ready an action without affecting his initiative count. Further, he can ready any kind of action as an action of the same type, potentially allowing him to ready a move action to move when a creature charges him, a standard action to attack the first creature in range, and so forth. Finally, he can leave out either the type of action or the action trigger regarding his readied action: either he can choose to make some kind of standard action when a specific event occurs, or to make a specific standard action whenever he likes before his next turn. For example, he could say "I will attack at some point" or "I will take some standard action in response to the next creature who attacks me".

Never Surprised: The honour guard is never considered surprised - in fact, he acts in the surprise round even if there normally wouldn't be a surprise round at all.

What? It becomes hostile? That's a strange behaviour... stay close!

as a swift action I choose to guard 3 persons.
1) Jack
2) Helene
3) Inti

All guarded persons now gain +2AC and evasion.

Goaty14
2017-11-16, 06:25 PM
The Roc now flies a little lower than before, except this time you can spot a little black figure peering over the bird.

Deus/Du'Os are up.

Tsunamiatunzen1
2017-11-16, 06:54 PM
{What the...?} they both communicate simultaneously.
They don't waste any additional time as they once again pool their energies into a different ability of theirs. Appearing in places they weren't supposed to be in.
They glow for a brief moment before disappearing... only to reappear on the bird.
"So what's up?" Deus quips.
"Besides us!" Du'Os finishes, addressing the figure on the bird with them.

Move to become psionically focused. (Psionic Meditation)
Concentration: [roll0]
To keep from losing the power.
Concentration: [roll1]
Manifesting Dimension Door, Psionic to appear on the bird behind the figure. 7 PP cost.
Spell Conductor causes power to affect both twins due to 'You' descriptor.

Goaty14
2017-11-16, 07:19 PM
{What the...?} they both communicate simultaneously.
They don't waste any additional time as they once again pool their energies into a different ability of theirs. Appearing in places they weren't supposed to be in.
They glow for a brief moment before disappearing... only to reappear on the bird.
"So what's up?" Deus quips.
"Besides us!" Du'Os finishes, addressing the figure on the bird with them.

The hooded figure turns around and shouts

This is not of your business assassin! Ramoth will succeed, I will prevail!

Tsunamiatunzen1
2017-11-16, 07:29 PM
"Assassins?" Du'Os smirks.
"Us?" Deus grins.
They just couldn't hold in how ridiculous the notion was and began to laugh, their high-pitched peals of mirth seemed to mock the very idea.
"I think the air up here's replaced his brain with clouds!"
Then it dawned on the both of them as they came to the same conclusion.
{Does that make him an... 'airhead'?}

Cassus
2017-11-16, 09:04 PM
Completely unable to see where the twins vanished to, Shara looked around for another source of attack before continuing to squint up at the bird.
Then, suddenly remembering that he was an official guard, he thumped his chest and shouted skyward, "Halt! Who goes there?"

Readying the same action, except now the spell will target both bird and little black figure.

Debatra
2017-11-18, 01:24 AM
Inti will delay until after "???"'s turn. Also, about how far away from the main group are they?

Goaty14
2017-11-18, 11:52 AM
Now! Experience the divine might of his majesty! The rider shouts as he turns the bird downwards

Charge Attack Vs Jacub
[roll0] OH GOD A CRIT!
Damage: [roll1] x3, Jacub takes 72 damage.

Deus/Du'Os make a reflex save DC 15, optional Ride Check to stop charge

Goaty14
2017-11-18, 11:57 AM
Readied Actions

Slow:
???: [roll0]
Roc: [roll1]

Eldritch Blast [roll2] vs AC 17
Damage: [roll3]

Dues/Du'Os make DC 15 reflex save, optional ride check

Roc is 40 ft from ground.

Chimaera
2017-11-18, 12:36 PM
With the roc and its rider close enough and plain hostile, Helena frowns and look at all the warriors with her and decides to make them fight faster and better.

It's a quick mantra that she does that make everyone feel time moving slower.

Hasting allies in 30ft diameter sphere

Debatra
2017-11-18, 01:03 PM
Inti will delay again, acting upon receiving the Haste. She will activate her Bracers of the Entangling Blast, then cast Scorching Ray.

Two rays, one vs each target.

Roc: [roll0], [roll1] *0.5 fire - If it takes damage, Entangled for [roll2] rounds, taking 1 fire damage each round of entanglement on my turn

Rider: [roll3], [roll4] *0.5 fire - If it takes damage, Entangled for [roll5] rounds, taking 1 fire damage each round of entanglement on my turn

Debatra
2017-11-18, 01:13 PM
Either at the beginning of her turn or at the end (depending on DM response to my request), Inti will use Knowledge Devotion.

Nature: [roll0] (+3 bonus)
Local: [roll1] (+5 bonus)

I'm assuming the rider is some brand of Humanoid; will correct if he's not.

Tsunamiatunzen1
2017-11-18, 10:04 PM
The twins quickly latched onto the feathers of the bird as it dove... slowly.
That's interesting. They thought in unison.
"Since you don't want to talk-" Du'Os cried out.
"-we think you should have a time out!" Deus finished.
Once again, they flex their mental might as they act in concert to cause a wave of confusion to pulse from them, taking care to avoid any reprisals from their actions. They then re-center themselves, leaving themselves open for a brief moment.

Manifesting Mental Disruption with Twin Power as Standard Action.
Manifesting Defensively: [roll0]
Concentration to avoid losing power: [roll1]
Using Intricate Spellcasting to avoid expending focus and metapsionic power point cost.
Concentration: [roll2]
If successful, expending Psionic Focus to avoid Overchannel damage.
Expending 2 extra points to increase DC by 1.
Total PP expended: 5

All creatures in a 10 ft. radius from the twins must each roll a DC 18 Will save twice or be Dazed for 1 round if they fail either check. Twins and allies are exempted from this power.

Then move action to gain psionic focus. Provokes AoO.
Concentration: [roll3]

Goaty14
2017-11-19, 02:58 PM
All creatures in a 10 ft. radius from the twins must each roll a DC 18 Will save twice or be Dazed for 1 round if they fail either check. Twins and allies are exempted from this power.

[roll0] - Ride Opposed Check

[roll1]
[roll2] - Will saves from ???

[roll3]
[roll4] - Will saves from Roc

The roc falls I guess, both sides roll tumble

Initiative Order:
1. Bose Toten
2. Roc
3. Deus/Du'Os
4. Shara Zair
5. Jacub Lumber
6. ???
7. Initi Jervae
8. Helena Bartleby.

Goaty14
2017-11-19, 03:06 PM
[roll0] - tumble

LairdMaon
2017-11-19, 04:09 PM
Böse watches the roc falter in the air below him. Protective instincts take hold and he dismisses the thrombash in his hands in favour of a good strong longstaff. With the staff held evenly in the center, he dives like an arrow until he is even with the plummeting bird and it's riders.

"Take hold of the staff! All three of you! And LET GO OF THE BIRD!"

He waits a moment to allow them to follow directions and alters nearly every aspect of his controlled dive. It becomes a slowing swoop down to the cart as he flares his wings to hold more wind.

As soon as he is in the right position, at the right angle, and the right distance he releases the longstaff and let's the three bodies land on the cart. One last pump of his wings takes him back up, above, to watch the roc fall.

Free action to dismiss thrombash and replace it with a longstaff.

Goaty14
2017-11-20, 09:49 AM
Throughout the course of all but 6 seconds, your opponent is writhing in mass of magical bindings on the cart, and his roc steed is stunned nearby. He shouts

You can't have me! I promised Ramoth that I would kill the accused!

(What do you do [Group initiative])

Fliggl
2017-11-20, 11:16 AM
With his axe in hand Jacub stepped forward to the orc and put one of his big feet on his chest. Who's Ramoth and why are you attacking us? Tell me now! I don't know how long I can balance on this shaky cart. He readjusted his stand and applied a bit more pressure on the orc

intimidate [roll0]

Edit: spelling

Debatra
2017-11-20, 12:17 PM
Inti will draw her axe, walk over to the two of them and casually lay the blade near the Orc's neck.

Aid Another, helping Jacub with Intimidate: [roll0]

LairdMaon
2017-11-20, 12:27 PM
Böse soars over to the roc's location, reverting back to his thrombash, and circles the dazed creature from above. He keeps an eye on it for further hostility.

Tsunamiatunzen1
2017-11-20, 01:36 PM
The twins obliged and grabbed onto the staff, leaving the poor disoriented bird to its fate... with the rider still astride.
{Were we supposed to grab him?} Deus questioned.
{Uhh...}
Too late. The bird tumbled away below them with entangled rider before landing with a meaty thump.
Wit the combined weight of the two women, it was less of a glide and more of a desperate bid to soften the fall. They tumbled onto the ground with practiced grace, grinning at each other.
"Awww, he really does care about us!" Du'Os laughed.
"That's the closest he's been to us ever since we started this trip!" Deus remarked.
Seeing how quickly the others closed in on the rider and mount, they simply made their way back to the cart and decided to take a nap. Their job was done here.

De.:[roll0]
Du.:[roll1]

Chimaera
2017-11-20, 02:05 PM
Helena watch as the battle seems to be done and ealk behind Inti and Bose.

Ignorig the orc, she cast a spell and chirp to the roc.

"Are you hurt, sweetie? Why did you came to attack us and where did you came from? Dont worry, but I mean no harm and can even heal back you wounds after we are done asking questions".

Charisma check? [roll0]

Goaty14
2017-11-20, 03:29 PM
[roll0]

Ramoth (Dice Clatter) wants you to stop interfering with his business and go somewhere else. You have for too long meddled with his affairs
The orc says, obviously fearful for his life

Helena watch as the battle seems to be done and ealk behind Inti and Bose.

Ignorig the orc, she cast a spell and chirp to the roc.

"Are you hurt, sweetie? Why did you came to attack us and where did you came from? Dont worry, but I mean no harm and can even heal back you wounds after we are done asking questions".

Charisma check? [roll0]
Diplomacy, since you can speak to it, otherwise Handle Animal

I don't know where I am or where to go
The roc voices and it flaps around. Closer inspection reveals that it's eyes are covered with leather straps.

Fliggl
2017-11-20, 05:08 PM
Hearing the chirruping Jacub was all ears. He saw that Helena was twittering Hey, small Lady! What has birdy to report?

Then he remembered the orc under his foot and he pushed again a bit harder. Once again scum: who is Ramoth and why are you attacking us? Tell me now and I'll let you go!

Goaty14
2017-11-20, 06:26 PM
Once again scum: who is Ramoth and why are you attacking us? Tell me now and I'll let you go!

The orc's mouth quivers as if deciding whether or not you are more intimidating than his master...

Ramoth is the grand master of the south and is kind above all! He sent me to kill you so he could gain power and influence for the good of the people!
I, too, wish you would die FIEND!!

Rando chirps up from the front

I'd really prefer that we get moving, so tie him up or whatever before you end up doing something for him

Adventurers... the whole lot can't keep to themselves and just have to interact with everybody that they meet. muttering loud enough to hear, but not as a proud statement
Wish that they'd just do their job he says quietly

Tsunamiatunzen1
2017-11-20, 08:24 PM
Deus opens an eye in response to the man's griping.
"Oh let them be, it's not every day that you meet someone riding a bird of that size."
Then her other half pipes up in a sing-song voice.
"Oh Mister Emploooooo-yer. I think the loudmouth has involved someone here with a mistaken identity or you're not letting on how you got your hands on the 'apples'."
As the chirping livens up, Deus takes an active interest.
"Oh now that's a neat trick!"
"Yeah but it's getting a little annoying too. Maybe this'll be more interesting than making bird calls."
Du'os then promptly rummages around in a small box she'd been carrying around before she draws out some dried meat and a handful of nuts.
"Here;" she called out, beckoning Helena to come take the proffered food; "we have no idea what a bird like that eats but maybe it will let the others torment the paranoid fella in peace."

Chimaera
2017-11-20, 10:30 PM
"I believe they eat people and small animals, medium animals. Maybe even large animals as well", she says taking the dried fruits, "But it might help".

Looking to the roc, Helena offer it the dried fruits and with a knife remove the leather straps.
"here, here, birdie. If you leave us alone we'll let you fly free as a bird. I'm sure there are better places to fly around", she says and touch its head, "Also, have some healing", she says and begin to sing before casting a simple orison.

Healing for 10 hp.

She looks to the twins and everyone else, "Did anyone get hurt?"

Getting up she enter the cart once again and wave for the rest to move along, "Leave those two: no reason to have their blood on our hands".

Fliggl
2017-11-21, 02:02 AM
Okay. Leave us and never come back. Go to Ramoth and tell him he should stop attacking us. You have seen what we are able to do.
And then, leave Ramoth too! Build a hut and start plowing the land or so. Do something useful.
Murdering people isn't nice. And you weren't good at it either... GO!

Jacub released his hold. There he stood his massive hands on the head of his axe.

MUHAHAHA! look how fast he is! He took a look around. This was funny, right?

Hey guys, I don't even know your names! Let me introduce myself. I'm Jacub Lumber and I used to live down in the woods south to Wyewood. I have to find somebody, so I thought this job here is perfect to come around. What are your names?

Cassus
2017-11-21, 04:04 AM
In orcish, Shara said, "Kill the... accused?" Squinting at the orc, "So if I accused you of annoying me...?" He seemed indifferent to the orc's actual fate-- whether they left him behind, killed him, or tied him to the rear bumper so the conversation could continue. The green one's chain of thought was interesting, though.

Instead, he closed his crystalline blue eyes and opened regular ones, then squatted in the cart as it rattled forwards. One had to admire the driver's practicality in such things.

He turned to Jacob. "And I am Shara, of Zair. This cart is where I belong, at the moment." In a somewhat louder voice, "And if anyone is injured, do let me know. A friend of mine does love to fix up these things, free of charge."

Tsunamiatunzen1
2017-11-21, 05:49 AM
Deus sighed as people kept hinting at injuries needing to be treated.
"Do you honestly think the two of us would let a wannabe like that get us hurt? Even without the walking, talking construct of wonder we would have gotten out of that without a single scratch."
"So just let us enjoy the ride and quit bugging us about it. Oh, I'm Du'Os and that's Deus. Also known as the Gremlins."
Honestly, there was no way of telling the two apart. They looked and dressed exactly the same and their manners didn't vary either.
Short introductions concluded, they adopted a disinterested attitude. In truth they were inwardly discussing through their link but it wasn't as if anyone else knew that.

Chimaera
2017-11-21, 07:55 AM
"I'm Helena Barthelby, field healer and singer", she says looking to the party, "I'll letCeros introduxce himself later when I call him".

Debatra
2017-11-21, 01:59 PM
"Huh. Could've sworn we did introductions before... Eh. Inti is my name." Perhaps intentionally, perhaps not; she doesn't mention 'Jervae'.

Goaty14
2017-11-27, 04:16 PM
Moving along the dirt road, it all looks clea-

GIT YER DAERT HERE!
Looking over the side, there is an unusually large halfling holding some wooden boxes

Nawt evem der archmage himself could figger out the insides!

(What do you do?)

Fliggl
2017-11-27, 04:43 PM
Hey there, small friend! What do you mean? Is this a game you want to play?

Tsunamiatunzen1
2017-11-28, 04:10 AM
The twins weren't very appreciative of the new interruption to their snoozing.
"Of all the... REALLY?!?" Du'Os snapped, glaring at the fellow.
"Selling dirt. Either that's one confident Halfling or someone's shaved off the Dwarf's beard," Deus grumbled, resting her head on a corner of the cart.
{Besides, dirt is dirt,} they both agreed.
With that they deigned to ignore the peddler.

Chimaera
2017-11-28, 12:20 PM
Helena is puzzled by the halfling selling... dirt?
SHe look at her companions and decide to remain silent and let them handle it: the last thing she woul like is to have dirt in her clothes.

Debatra
2017-11-28, 05:42 PM
Inti will wait for the Halfling's reaction to Deus' statement that he's selling dirt, wondering if "Daert" could possibly be something other than the result of an accent.

Knowledge or Cloistered Lore if needed/possible: [roll0]

+10 if Lore, see sheet for Knowledges.

Goaty14
2017-11-28, 07:14 PM
Some farmers boast crops grown with dirt from the elemental plane of earth, but you cannot determine any other use for him to sell dirt DIRT FARMER!!!

Mah daert is magical, adventurers! Top-quality right in a can! 100 GP each!
saying that, he rattles his wooden box around, and a small clanking sound can be heard inside.

(you guys can vote to ignore him if you don't care :smalltongue:)

Debatra
2017-11-28, 10:14 PM
Inti will cast Detect Magic via Arcane Attunement.

Spellcraft if necessary: [roll0]

Fliggl
2017-11-29, 01:46 AM
Magical dirt? MUHAHAHAHA!
I'll take one! What does it do to be magical?

Cassus
2017-11-29, 02:58 AM
Shara raised a puzzled eyebrow. "Does it do anything besides block divination magic?"

Tsunamiatunzen1
2017-11-30, 11:20 PM
The twins continued to remain indifferent to them until the others began to show a bit too much curiosity.
{-break up a wagon by messing with the shafts, we wouldn't be able to sell it to pay off the crazy Gnome!}
{"Well would you prefer getting skewered? Losing a few coins seems better.}
{Are they still listening to the dirt seller?}
{You know just as well as I do that they are.}
{How's about we just cut to the chase and figure out what in the world this dirt is?}
Being in unison, they pool their power and begin to erase their very existence from the little man's mind and afterwards focused themselves before.

Expending Psionic Focus to use Talented with Overchannel to increase effective manifester level to 10.
Using Intricate Spellcasting to use Twin Power on Cloud Mind power.
Concentration DC 27: [roll0]
Concentration to regain Psionic Focus: [roll1]
He must roll a DC 17 Will save twice or else be unable to detect the twins via any means (aka invisible and inaudible). Should anyone else warn him of their presence as a move action, he gets a new saving throw against the power. However, he might have to roll twice depending on if he saves the initial one or not.
Duration: 10 minutes

Afterwards, after determining whether or not their efforts worked, they hop out of the cart and move to open one of the boxes behind the fellow.

Goaty14
2017-12-02, 01:19 PM
Inti will cast Detect Magic via Arcane Attunement.

Spellcraft if necessary: [roll0]
No Aura, appears nonmagical

Magical dirt? MUHAHAHAHA!
I'll take one! What does it do to be magical?
(Subtract 100 GP from your sheet if you're actually buying it)

It, uh, protects items from thieves! And it stops them from getting hit.

Shara raised a puzzled eyebrow. "Does it do anything besides block divination magic?"

It contains daert!

The twins continued to remain indifferent to them until the others began to show a bit too much curiosity.
{-break up a wagon by messing with the shafts, we wouldn't be able to sell it to pay off the crazy Gnome!}
{"Well would you prefer getting skewered? Losing a few coins seems better.}
{Are they still listening to the dirt seller?}
{You know just as well as I do that they are.}
{How's about we just cut to the chase and figure out what in the world this dirt is?}
Being in unison, they pool their power and begin to erase their very existence from the little man's mind and afterwards focused themselves before.

Expending Psionic Focus to use Talented with Overchannel to increase effective manifester level to 10.
Using Intricate Spellcasting to use Twin Power on Cloud Mind power.
Concentration DC 27: [roll0]
Concentration to regain Psionic Focus: [roll1]
He must roll a DC 17 Will save twice or else be unable to detect the twins via any means (aka invisible and inaudible). Should anyone else warn him of their presence as a move action, he gets a new saving throw against the power. However, he might have to roll twice depending on if he saves the initial one or not.
Duration: 10 minutes

Afterwards, after determining whether or not their efforts worked, they hop out of the cart and move to open one of the boxes behind the fellow.
The box contains dirt. Make a DC 18 Spot check

LairdMaon
2017-12-02, 01:28 PM
Böse continues to soar above this unplanned stop, watching bemused as a random successfully sells a box of dirt to his team.

Fliggl
2017-12-02, 02:11 PM
Already subtracted

So how do I apply it? Just rub my axe with it? Does this also function on my other gear? No thief should ever rob me! MUHAHAHA!

Jacub was proud that he was the only one who was clever enough to buy this magical substance.

EDIT: And then he started to cover himself and his gear in dirt. When he was ready he looked a bit closer to the box

he uses his warlocks spell-like ability detect magic

Tsunamiatunzen1
2017-12-03, 12:10 AM
The twins weren't impressed, it looked like dirt. It didn't explode, move, or even warp the very fabric of reality. Such a disappointment.
{Whatever...}
With that they returned to the cart, itching for something to dismantle.

Spot Checks:

Goaty14
2017-12-03, 12:47 AM
Spot Checks:

Deus noticed some thin metal plating along the sides.

Goaty14
2017-12-05, 10:26 PM
Travelling along you find nothing worth noting (except for that darn halfling!) until you reach the city gates
https://image.ibb.co/d8Ypsw/Battle_Map_1.png
I made the mistake of prechoosing where you'll be... If you want to be somewhere else in the cart please tell me where. Your places are done by first initial and G=Guard, M=Mage
One of the guards call out

Alright, please show us your goods that you may be carrying, any and all magic items are subject to taxes under law.]

We require you to step out and be scanned by our mage here

(What do you do?)

Tsunamiatunzen1
2017-12-06, 04:25 AM
The twins don't sound too happy when they hear the word 'tax'.
"Oh come on! We're broke as it is!" Deus whines
"It's the whole point of hiring on with this guy!" Du'Os grumbles.
"There's no way we're paying good coin just so we can keep our own stuff!"

Chimaera
2017-12-06, 10:21 AM
"How much is these taxes you speak about, fine sir?", Helena ask the guard and then look at their employer, "And you're paying for this, right?"

She stretch from the long way on the cart and step before the mage, "Is it possible to check out how much it will cost before deciding to enter this city or not? Also, whats the name of this city again?"

+1 Morphing Crystal Echoblade
+2 Periapt of Wisdom
+2 Cloak of Resistance
+1 Mithral Breastplate
+2 Shirt of Splendor
+1 Heavy Darkwood Shield
Heward's Handy Haversack

LairdMaon
2017-12-06, 01:00 PM
Böse jumps off the carriage and spreads his wings wide,"Everything I own is now visible to you. You are my armor, my headband and belt. Now,
tell us about this tax you mentioned, sir."

Tsunamiatunzen1
2017-12-06, 01:04 PM
As Bose jumps forth and declares his belongings, the twin snicker a bit.
{Bet he lights up like a garish Faerie Fire Tree*}
{Are they gonna tax his whole mass? It's not everyday that some metal comes to life without magic.}

*The closest approximation to a Christmas Tree in their time.

Fliggl
2017-12-07, 01:36 PM
The two guards and the mage seemed very suspicious to Jacub. Do you have an official paper or so where it stands that you are allowed to do this?
He was afraid that this were trickster and they want to steal his gear once he handed it out.
Luckily I've bought this dirt, so my gear is save! he whispered.

Goaty14
2017-12-08, 05:36 PM
"how much is these taxes you speak about, fine sir?", helena ask the guard and then look at their employer, "and you're paying for this, right?"

she stretch from the long way on the cart and step before the mage, "is it possible to check out how much it will cost before deciding to enter this city or not? Also, whats the name of this city again?"

I have not heard of there being taxes here, must be something new. I am not paying for this. Going through this town was your decision, not mine.

150 gold pieces for each of you. This city is named Leford if I remember correctly.

böse jumps off the carriage and spreads his wings wide,"everything i own is now visible to you. You are my armor, my headband and belt. Now,
tell us about this tax you mentioned, sir."

150 gold pieces, flat tax.

the two guards and the mage seemed very suspicious to jacub. do you have an official paper or so where it stands that you are allowed to do this?

As a matter of fact, I do.
He says, procuring a sheet of parchment, you take it and read...
This document grants these guards right to tax creatures entering through the gates 150 gold pieces each.
Signed, the Mayor of Leford

(a signet ring's imprint is also noticeable, DC 20 Nobility)

Fliggl
2017-12-08, 05:52 PM
Oh, he has a document!
So we have to pay if we want to enter the city.

Hey guys, could you hold this please?

Jacubs hands the parchment over to the two Gremlins which are the nearest person.

Then he starts undressing himself. Completely. Because he is covered in magical dirt, he beliefs everything he owns is magical. And they want to see his magical items.
Now he's standing there, only wearing his ring. This ring he has on his finger more than 30 years and so his mighty hands are too big to put it off.

MUHAHA! Now you see everything that's magical!

LairdMaon
2017-12-08, 05:56 PM
"The tax is on those who enter through the gate. Very well." Böse turns to the carriage, "If you need me, look to the sky. I'll be watching for signs of danger."

He pumps his wings, lifts into the air, soars well above the gate and circles, enjoying the breeze and the fact that he legally saved himself some coin.

Tsunamiatunzen1
2017-12-08, 06:21 PM
{Don't think we have the coin for whatever hare-brained, money grubbing, leech that decided to put down such a ridiculous sum!} Du'Os grumped.
{Yeah, the common-folk would be lucky to see a single gold piece. Let alone 150.} Deus reasoned.
Then the document is shoved into the twins' hands. Being the curious bunch they were, they take a look at it and their frowns deepen... only to be replaced by a grin of mischief.
{It says through.}
{Oh, the legal hairs you could split with this.}
"So... why can't we just head around and to the docks instead of paying this ridiculous tax?" Deus slowly asked.

Chimaera
2017-12-10, 12:04 AM
"How you're not paying it? You didnt gave us anything in advance and...", Helena's rage turn to the guards and mage, "And 150 is an assault!".

She enter in the cart and look to everyone, "So what you think? I dont have that much money with me after my last shopping spree so tell me more of the loopholes you found".

Goaty14
2017-12-11, 04:30 PM
"How you're not paying it? You didnt gave us anything in advance and...", Helena's rage turn to the guards and mage, "And 150 is an assault!".

She enter in the cart and look to everyone, "So what you think? I dont have that much money with me after my last shopping spree so tell me more of the loopholes you found".

If you'd like to avoid costs, you could go around the city and get back into the harbor, and then either take a ship out or whatever you adventurers do. We're just here to help the public is all, word is out that a marauding band of bandits are out to get a very evil man, but you don't look like the type to be tha- (glances over at jacub) you're pretty crazy. Too crazy to kill, at least.
Make a DC 17 Will save vs suggestion (Literally!) or be compelled to go around

Alright, that's enough, we've seen too much everything, so put your gear back on

The guard on the right averts his eyes from jacub.

Fliggl
2017-12-11, 04:49 PM
Jacub put on his clothes again. He controlled every item he packed in his backpack. After everything was back where it was before he was happy that nothing was stolen. And he felt once more corroborated that it was a good idea to buy the dirt.

Tsunamiatunzen1
2017-12-11, 04:50 PM
Deus stood up to address their rather uncooperative employer. Even going so far as to stand right behind him.
"Well what would you have done then? Wish for an instant trip? Honestly, you're going to need a better excuse than that since you didn't exactly say what direction you had planned out."
She was hinting at the 'apples' but at this point the man was getting a bit higher on the Gremlins' list of 'Who to Mess With First'.
Meanwhile Du'Os chats it up with Helena.
"Well if we could just find an alternate route to the docks we won't have to deal with this tax business. Although..." she trails off for a second as she quickly consults Deus.
{You think we could manage that? Never mind, I know the answer.}
She then resumes where she left off.
"We could just turn this wagon into a boat ourselves. Would need someone to row it and probably sell the horses."

Fliggl
2017-12-11, 04:57 PM
Havn't been on a boat before but I guess these old arms could row it.

With his massive hands he slapped his mighty bicepses.

Debatra
2017-12-12, 09:16 PM
(OOC: I don't have constant access to Discord, so you'll want to stop ignoring the OOC thread.)

Inti's eyes lock with the mage's, and she speaks loudly and clearly so he allies can hear her. "I'm curious. Do you attempt to enchant everyone who doesn't just blindly go along with your shakedown?" With that, she hops down from the cart and walks directly toward the mage.

Fliggl
2017-12-13, 07:47 AM
What? You are enchanting us?
Why? I don't like it if people aren't honest. You gave me this paper with a sigil... Is it a fake?

Jacub became angry. He followed Inti, stopped in front of the mage and tightened the hold on his axe while every muscle on his body was strained.

Why this chicanery?

Intimidate roll [roll0]

Goaty14
2017-12-14, 03:42 PM
What? You are enchanting us?
Why? I don't like it if people aren't honest. You gave me this paper with a sigil... Is it a fake?

Jacub became angry. He followed Inti, stopped in front of the mage and tightened the hold on his axe while every muscle on his body was strained.

Why this chicanery?

Inti's eyes lock with the mage's, and she speaks loudly and clearly so he allies can hear her. "I'm curious. Do you attempt to enchant everyone who doesn't just blindly go along with your shakedown?" With that, she hops down from the cart and walks directly toward the mage.

What!? I'm not enchanting anybody here! You can always count on adventurers to try and bash your face in whenever you offer advice! I don't think we're even "shaking you down" or whatever you mean by that.

Look; here's the deal: You go into the city through the docks, and my boss doesn't have to know about this alright?
The mage then points over to your right, inferring that's the way to the docks

Debatra
2017-12-14, 09:55 PM
Inti draws her axe, though holds it in a non-threatening manner. "I have no particular desire to hurt you; but I won't be made a fool of, nor allow anyone to tamper with my mind."

Goaty14
2017-12-14, 10:25 PM
Inti draws her axe, though holds it in a non-threatening manner. "I have no particular desire to hurt you; but I won't be made a fool of, nor allow anyone to tamper with my mind."

I understand, except I didn't tamper with your mind ((clatter dice))

Hey, don't hurt Ravana here. There are heavy consequences for attacking the city guard ((clatter dice))
The right guard steps out next to Ravana's (mage) side. He is now in O6

Chimaera
2017-12-14, 10:37 PM
Helena look at Inti, "Forget that. Let's go to the docks, no need to harm someone who's just doing his job".

She fell from the lie and started coming back to the cart.

Tsunamiatunzen1
2017-12-14, 10:39 PM
{Boss? That doesn't sound right.}
"Hmmm, just wait a second before you decide to go chopping people up." Du'Os said.
Drawn weapons were always bad news and the twins were feeling plenty threatened by what Inti was implying.
"I'm thinking they're part of a gang-"
"Pretending to be guards-"
"So that they can shake people up for an extravagant amount."
The twins were deliberately switching off in a rather unnerving way.
"So if you don't mind waiting-"
"We'll be off to see the governor about this." Du'Os waved the paper as emphasis.
"You don't mind-"
"If we borrow it right?"
"No?"
"O.K. Thanks!"
"BYE!"
With that they disappeared with a *POP* only to reappear deep within the town.
"We didn't go through the gate!" They both shouted simultaneously.
Then they were off. Running together up the street.
{Now where exactly is the governor?} Deus questioned.
{Eh, we'll figure it out eventually.}

Manifesting Dimension Door, Psionic to appear 520 feet into the town.
Costs 7 Power Points.

Tsunamiatunzen1
2017-12-15, 03:32 PM
With no map to guide them, not likely they would have used it anyway, they wandered about asking people where the governor was but not really waiting any amount of time before something else caught their attention.
Eventually, they ended up at a tavern.
{Why don't we grab something to eat before we find the Governor?}
With that, they decided to head in for some lunch... being just as 'careful' to find clues as to where to find the Governor.
"Hey bartender! The both of us would like a good meal and maybe some info on how to find where the Governor is for some sort of tax out at the gate."

They're paying 6 silver pieces for 1 day's worth of Common Meal fare.

Goaty14
2017-12-16, 04:05 PM
Inside Leford, at the tavern

The Mayor? Taxes? Blimey that's news for me! Where's my manners? I'm Graceella Woodsoul 'ave a seat and perhaps you could tell me more about your predicament
Outside the Gate

As long as you're not moving, perhaps you could tell us where you're going? Perhaps also move your cart out of the way for others.
Jack appears to be getting impatient with your apparent stop.

Tsunamiatunzen1
2017-12-19, 05:27 AM
"Well you see-" Deus begins.
"We're trying to deliver some goods to a town across the lake-"
"And all of a sudden these guys take a look at us and say we have to pay some sort of tax for just having magic items-"
"One fellow's only got a ring but they're trying to extort money by saying this," Du'Os pulls out the paper and shows it to her for emphasis, "Gives them the right to rob us blind!"
Suddenly they remember their manners.
"Oh sorry ma'am," Du'Os grins sheepishly, "we're Deus and Du'Os. No one can really tell who is who so it wouldn't matter if we told you."

Eh, just for the heck of it:
Diplomacy: [roll0]
If Aid Another is possible: [roll1]

Goaty14
2017-12-22, 12:20 AM
Tax? I haven't heard anything like that... We don't have no government here, so either you or your illusionary people must be crazy

Looking about you, the tavern is much more spacious than you first saw
https://image.ibb.co/gm0526/Tavern_Map.png
GW = Graceella Woodsoul, your bartender.
D/D=You
X=Unmet NPC
Rectangle in the bottom right is supposed to represent stairs to the 2nd floor.

Tsunamiatunzen1
2017-12-22, 01:35 AM
"Huh," they both remarked, "guess we'll just have to pay them another visit."
"After lunch." Du'Os amended.
"Oh definitely."
They made sure to pay for their meal and a little extra for the info. Granted, a gold piece wasn't too outrageous but then they were paying for three meals and only staying for one.

Afterwards, they sauntered back over to the entrance. However, they made sure they weren't seen by the overeager 'guards'.
{How are we going to go about our Gremlin duties today?} Deus asked.
{Eh, I think making a package out of the guy with robes would be fun.}
With that, they began to weave an ectoplasmic film around the man in an attempt to make a human piñata.
Initiative?: [roll0]
Hide De.: [roll1]
Hide Du.: [roll2]
They are just going to manifest Ectoplasmic Cocoon and use 2 extra PP to increase the save DC by +1 (Total 7 PP).
Reflex DC 19 or become pretty much helpless as they are wrapped up in a cocoon.

Goaty14
2017-12-22, 11:53 AM
Hey! What are you doing, crossing the gate? There is a tax for that you know! ((The two guards, Jacub, and Deus/Du'Os go in the surprise round. Roll initiative for the surprise round.))

Fliggl
2017-12-22, 12:26 PM
MUHAHAHAHAHA!

As a swift action he guards Jack, Inti and the D's. As a move action he switches weapons - now spear in both hand, reach 10'
As a standard action he activates his special ability You Cannot Pass The honour guard can as a move or standard action enter a defensive posture which prevents enemies leaving his threatened area.

If someone wants to attack/target/something one of my babies the guarded persons, I can and will react.

All guarded have evasion and +2 ac

I hope I missed nothing

Goaty14
2017-12-22, 03:09 PM
I will not mess with the likes of you, fiend.The Mage starts by repositioning himself into the gate's entrance ((He casts Dimension Door to M3, concentration in OOC))

It seems that you are in need of a lesson! I don't think you'll have time to escape you little buggers! The guard promptly moves to L3
((Everybody make a spot check too))
https://image.ibb.co/dDmoPm/Battle_Map_1_2.png

Fliggl
2017-12-25, 05:00 AM
Jacub uses “flee the scene“ and teleports himself right in front of the mage (m4)

As his move action he activates his special ability You Cannot Pass. So neither the mage nor the left guard can leave his threatened area.

Tsunamiatunzen1
2017-12-29, 01:51 PM
"Oh no you don't!" Du'Os shouted.
"You're not getting away that easily." Deus finished.
With that, Deus dashed into the gate and the two of them focused to cause yet another thing to pop into existence: a slippery surface.
This had to be one of their favorites when someone wasn't paying attention.
Manifesting Grease Psionic for 1 PP on L2, L3, M2, and M3.
Anyone within those squares must make a Reflex save with DC 16 or fall prone. They can move through it at half speed with a Balance check of 10. Anyone remaining within the affected squares must make the aforementioned Reflex Save to remain standing.
M1 is now occupied by Deus and P3 is Du'Os

Goaty14
2018-01-01, 03:42 PM
With the guards dodging the Ectoplasmic Cocoon just in time, the right guard attacks Initi!
Atk: [roll0]
Dmg: [roll1]

Goaty14
2018-01-01, 06:35 PM
You see the guard's chainmail appears to have spikes protruding from within, though clearly not armor spikes.
The mage's palms are continually raised upwards, as if unnatural.

Ah! So that's how you want to play it!
The mage casts Magic Missile at Jacub, careful not to allow an opening in his defenses.

The Left Guard shreds Jacub while the Right Guard moves up to M5 to attack as well. (Rolls in OOC)
Your boss, horrified at the bloodshed, screams and runs to K11. Your driver doesn't seem to notice, having driven throughout the night.

https://image.ibb.co/cQXLXG/Battle_Map_1_3.png
LG/RG for guards, Dr for your driver and J for Jack.

Fliggl
2018-01-02, 01:26 AM
Every strike and magic missile hits Jacub. He shrugs the hits of and attacked the mage instead with his axe.

First Will save DC20 [roll0]
Second Will save DC20 [roll1]

Attack: [roll2]
Damage: [roll3]

Attack: [roll4]
Damage: [roll5]

Tsunamiatunzen1
2018-01-02, 01:24 PM
"All right then!" Du'Os shouts out.
"The kid gloves are off!" Deus finishes.
There wasn't exactly much to be said when one of their own was being ripped to shreds. No time for fun and gags. Time to actually fight.
Du'Os dashes around behind the guard determined to flank Jacub. She dances just barely out of the guard's reach with a dagger she had just pulled out as Deus gets into position by the wall. They too make sure to leave no opening in their defenses as they manifest yet another power... much more destructive in this case as Deus lets loose with a bolt of fire, capitalizing on the distraction the others have made in order to strike at their unprotected side.

Du to M6
De to Q5
Using Overchannel and Talented by expending Psionic Focus to increase manifester level to 10.
Using Intricate Spellcasting to apply Empower Power. DC = 19 (autopasses with a 28 modifier)
Manifesting Defensively: Concentration [roll0]
Manifesting Energy Ray and putting in 7 extra PP. 8 total spent.
Ranged Touch Attack: [roll1]
Damage: [roll2] fire damage (+ 1/2 of that total due to Empower) and [roll3] fire damage from Sneak Attack.

LairdMaon
2018-01-02, 02:23 PM
The metal dragon-man steps off the edge of the arch and dives into the fray. He plummets at the mage, steel pinions adjusting his vector. His thrombash strikes out at the magic-maker when he lands.

To Hit [roll0]
To Hurt [roll1]
Current AC 12

Debatra
2018-01-04, 11:07 PM
Inti will move to M-6 and channel a spell into the "guard's" back.

[roll0]
[roll1] Slashing, [roll2] Cold
[roll3] Electric from Shocking Grasp

Goaty14
2018-01-08, 01:41 PM
Muahaha! Mortal Fools! Run in terror!
The right guard turns to attack initi, disturbed by the sudden damage and flaunts two large spiked hands. His counterpart, finding himself unable to move, attacks the horse in L4/5.

It really is quite a shame you fools must attack
Who then appears to shimmer from sight.

Debatra
2018-01-08, 03:24 PM
Inti will step away from the creature and briefly enter into a draconic trance. She then moves with supernatural speed to mend her wounds.

5'-Step to M-7.
Full-Round Action: Enter Prophetic Favor
Swift Action: Spontaneously cast Quickened Cure Critical Wounds on self (via Prophecy's Shepherd) [roll0]

Tsunamiatunzen1
2018-01-11, 10:01 PM
Obviously, these 'guards' were far more than they appeared to be. This just became serious and the twins knew it. The only thing they could do was just pour on some more fire as they had no way of locating the mage now.
The only difference was that Du'Os shot two rays of fire this time around instead of one.
Du'Os moves to N4 and draws dagger.
Manifesting Energy Ray with Twin Power on RG again. Cost: 3 PP
Concentration (Cast Defensively): [roll0]
Concentration (Twin Power DC 27): [roll1]
Ranged Touch Attack 1: [roll2]
Damage 1:[roll3] + Sneak attack:[roll4] (Both Fire damage)
Ranged Touch Attack 2:[roll5]
Damage 2:[roll6] + Sneak attack:[roll7] (Both Fire damage)

LairdMaon
2018-01-14, 10:56 PM
Böse switches targets when the mage vanishes. The guard attacking a horse... that just will not do.

As the thrombash softens in his hands, Böse lifts it above his head and spins it like a colorguard's flag causing the weapon to... change.

"Back away from the house, fiend." the first strike lances out before the ripper ever stopped moving.

"Perhaps you will confused me a more worthy" the second strike flashes across the short distance between them, "opponent to fight."

First Strike
(Magic, Lawful, Good, Piercing, Wrathful Healing)
To Hit [roll0]
To Hurt [roll1]

Second Strike
To Hit [roll2]
To Hurt [roll3]

Goaty14
2018-01-21, 10:09 AM
"Mush!" your driver shouts, obviously wanting a more... safer place
"We'll be back!" your employer shouts, rushing by

As the horses start to run, the left guard is pummeled into the ground, and barely does as much as twitch\

"I find threatening opponents more worthy than a mortal such as yourself" The other guard says, uncaring to his comrades fate.

Left guard is out of the fight for now, similarly, so is your boss/driver and horses

Right Guard: Rolling to disarm Du'Os
-Incurs AoO from Du'Os
-Atk Roll (opposed): [roll0]

Everybody make listen checks vs the mage
(([roll1]))

LairdMaon
2018-01-21, 11:11 AM
Böse draws back his ripper and stabs at the mage, hoping to make his point.

First Strike
To Hit [roll0]
To Hurt [roll1]

Second Strike
To Hit [roll2]
To Hurt [roll3]

Listen [roll4]

tonberryking
2018-01-21, 01:38 PM
Luna was not having the best of days.

When did she ever, really? But today was especially one of those days where trouble showed up unannounced, lifted its muddy shoes up onto the good clean table and made itself comfortable after letting out a big, wet fart. Leford was teaming with shysters and ripoffs including a screwball 'cleric' selling snake oil potions. That little snot of a halfling woman might not have been the only cleric in town, but she was the only cleric in town bribing oafish guardsmen to look the other way as she peddled cure-alls that would strip the paint off a wagon. Luna, naturally, voiced opposition to this practice and made a quick enemy. With unfortunate connections. The other constables quickly tried to shut her up (with a club) and after she transformed to soak the damage she realized she'd have to leave quickly before the halfling started selling lycanthropy cures. On foot as it were since her paladin mount would just stir up even more trouble.

So it is with this in mind that a sleek anubian like werewolf with the stature of a dwarf on steroids trudges through the unoccupied gates wondering where to go next and where the other corrupt guards are when she finally notices the facas going on.

...Nuts to this.

Without a word, she draws her large scepter like mace and walks up to the right guard and attempts to brain him with it. She had a feeling she wouldn't be coming back here soon anyway....

Luna is entering the map from J-1 and moves down to L-5 to brain the guard that just said he innit caring about helping his comrade.

[roll0] Primary attack

Luna will activate her bracers of great collusion in order to really whallop this guy:
[roll1]
[roll2]

Jormengand
2018-01-21, 02:46 PM
High above cloud cover, a Hurricane was flying. Or rather, a griffon called Hurricane. On top of said griffon was a rather unhappy Illumian by the name of Heartbreaker Zaruth. She had not had the best job offer ever, and now she was duty-bound to help a group of people she had never heard of before they got themselves killed.

"SO WHAT YOU'RE TELLING ME IS THAT YOUR FRIEND HAS GONE OUT WITH THESE PEOPLE ON A MISSION, YOU DON'T THINK THEY CAN HANDLE IT ALONE, AND YOU'VE JUST NOW DECIDED TO SEND ME TO HELP, AFTER THEY'VE BEEN GONE FOR SOME TIME?"
"SHUSH! KEEP IT DOWN, WOULD YOU? YES, I ONLY JUST FOUND SOMEONE WHO'S UP FOR THE JOB. DO YOU KNOW HOW FEW PEOPLE THERE ARE AROUND HERE WHO I CAN TRUST THAT ARE ANY GOOD?"

ASIDE FROM HERSELF, ZARUTH COULD COUNT THE ONES SHE KNEW ON NO HANDS, SO SHE CONCEDED THE POINT. "FINE, BUT THEY'D BETTER GIVE ME A SHARE OF THE PROFITS".

I may be a paladin, but I don't work for free unless it would be wrong to ask for payment. Fortunately, her ring meant that she didn't need to be paid to survive, so she didn't mind that she only had a few gold in her pouch. But good though she was, she still hardly minded enough money for a more comfortable existence.

Ah, right, I see them. Oh, and of course they're under attack. All right, Hurricane, let's go.

Zaruth quickly empowered herself and her mount, then unloaded a volley of shots into their foes. Then, Hurricane surged down, launching itself at one of the guards and attempting to tear it apart.

Zaruth casts Divine Favour as a swift action due to battle blessing on herself and Hurricane due to share spells. Then, she blasts away with her revolvers at the Right Guard. Hurricane then makes a pouncing dive, staying 5 feet above the ground creatures in LM45, just above the mage and left guard and Jacub and an empty L4. Yes, this is a pain for the map, sorry. At the end of the dive, it can make two claw attacks and two rake attacks, each for double damage, which it will direct at the Right Guard if it's still alive (likely) and the Left Guard otherwise (unlikely).

2 Revolvers +2 with Shocking Grasp: [roll0] [roll1] [roll2] [roll3] [roll4] [roll5] [roll6] [roll7] [roll8] [roll9] [roll10] [roll11]
Crit confirm rolls and extra damage if necessary: [roll12] [roll13] [roll14] [roll15] [roll16] [roll17] [roll18] [roll19] [roll20] [roll21] [roll22] [roll23] (Yes, the spells can crit too - see RC on weaponlike spells)
2 Claws: [roll24] [roll25] [roll26] [roll27] (Damage is doubled on each)
Crit confirm rolls and extra damage if necessary: [roll28] [roll29] [roll30] [roll31]
2 Rakes: [roll32] [roll33] [roll34] [roll35] (Damage is doubled on each)
Crit confirm rolls and extra damage if necessary: [roll36] [roll37] [roll38] [roll39]

Debatra
2018-01-22, 06:32 PM
Inti steps forward to M-6 and brings her axe down on the head of the false guard.

[roll0], [roll1]
Channeling Vampiric Touch: [roll2]
Spell Resistance: [roll3]

If he's still up after that, she will cast Inflict Moderate Wounds, using her Draconic Favor to Quicken the casting.

[roll4]
[roll5]
Spell Resistance: [roll6]

Tsunamiatunzen1
2018-01-22, 08:50 PM
As the flames flicker off of the devil for a second time, the twins realize their error and switch up their tactics and a metallic tang fills the air as the space between Du'Os and their target is ionized. They hadn't noticed it before but the being also seems capable of resisting their power as they push hard to keep the bolts from fizzling before they reached their target.

Spell Resistance Check 1:[roll2] vs. SR 23 (He's wearing metal so +2 to Caster Check)
Ranged Touch Attack 1: [roll3] (He's wearing metal so +3 to attack)
Damage 1:[roll4] + Sneak attack:[roll5] (Both Electricity damage)
Spell Resistance Check 2:[roll6] vs. SR 23
Ranged Touch Attack 2:[roll7]
Damage 2:[roll8] + Sneak attack:[roll9] (Both Electricity damage)

Fliggl
2018-01-23, 02:28 AM
Jacub really got scared after he got hit by one guard, dropped his axe and run away as fast as he could.

run action 120ft into the direction of a11. This provokes AoO.

Goaty14
2018-01-26, 03:26 PM
Ooops... I'll have a post up in a momento

Böse draws back his ripper and stabs at the mage, hoping to make his point.

First Strike
To Hit [roll0]
To Hurt [roll1]

Second Strike
To Hit [roll2]
To Hurt [roll3]

Listen [roll4]

Holy crap! 37 dmg

Luna is entering the map from J-1 and moves down to L-5 to brain the guard that just said he innit caring about helping his comrade.

[roll0] Primary attack

Luna will activate her bracers of great collusion in order to really whallop this guy:
[roll1]
[roll2]
Is this a good weapon? If bypasses, then 22 dmg, if not, 12 dmg

Zaruth casts Divine Favour as a swift action due to battle blessing on herself and Hurricane due to share spells. Then, she blasts away with her revolvers at the Right Guard. Hurricane then makes a pouncing dive, staying 5 feet above the ground creatures in LM45, just above the mage and left guard and Jacub and an empty L4. Yes, this is a pain for the map, sorry. At the end of the dive, it can make two claw attacks and two rake attacks, each for double damage, which it will direct at the Right Guard if it's still alive (likely) and the Left Guard otherwise (unlikely).

2 Revolvers +2 with Shocking Grasp: [roll0] [roll1] [roll2] [roll3] [roll4] [roll5] [roll6] [roll7] [roll8] [roll9] [roll10] [roll11]
Crit confirm rolls and extra damage if necessary: [roll12] [roll13] [roll14] [roll15] [roll16] [roll17] [roll18] [roll19] [roll20] [roll21] [roll22] [roll23] (Yes, the spells can crit too - see RC on weaponlike spells)
2 Claws: [roll24] [roll25] [roll26] [roll27] (Damage is doubled on each)
Crit confirm rolls and extra damage if necessary: [roll28] [roll29] [roll30] [roll31]
2 Rakes: [roll32] [roll33] [roll34] [roll35] (Damage is doubled on each)
Crit confirm rolls and extra damage if necessary: [roll36] [roll37] [roll38] [roll39]
89 Dmg, DR included (Darn charges!)

[roll0], [roll1]
Channeling Vampiric Touch: [roll2]
Spell Resistance: [roll3]

If he's still up after that, she will cast Inflict Moderate Wounds, using her Draconic Favor to Quicken the casting.

[roll4]
[roll5]
Spell Resistance: [roll6]
1st one hit, second one rolled a 1, and thus failed; 21 Damage dealt

Spell Resistance Check 1:[roll2] vs. SR 23 (He's wearing metal so +2 to Caster Check)
Ranged Touch Attack 1: [roll3] (He's wearing metal so +3 to attack)
Damage 1:[roll4] + Sneak attack:[roll5] (Both Electricity damage)
Spell Resistance Check 2:[roll6] vs. SR 23
Ranged Touch Attack 2:[roll7]
Damage 2:[roll8] + Sneak attack:[roll9] (Both Electricity damage)

Poor you, that's just icing on the cake when he's already dead... (A downside to group initiative, I dunno)

run action 120ft into the direction of a11. This provokes AoO.
Atk: 1d20+18
Dmg: 2d8+6

In a stunning earth-quaking blast, Zaruth dives down from the heavens and smashes the guard which began to fall to the ground. Initi then brought down her ax like an executioner, cutting open a gaping mortal wound.

Bose located the mage at N1 and took a quick stab at him, hearing a sharp *thump* on the ground. Whether he was dead or not, no other sound came from the area.

The left guard, witnessing this, gets up and hoofs it away from the town (provoking from bose and jervae (Jacub, I misread my own map)) and is now in I6

LairdMaon
2018-01-26, 07:53 PM
Böse Attack of Opportunity

To Hit [roll0]
To Hurt [roll1]

Jormengand
2018-01-28, 09:06 AM
Hurricane bit quickly at the guard as he tried to escape, then executed a near-180 flip that was an immense feat (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/monsterFeats.htm#wingover) of flying skill, while Zaruth took the opportunity to blast away at the demon. Hurricane landed on the ground and chomped on the guard again, clearly angered by the very fact of its continued existence.

Assuming "Directly underneath Hurricane" is part of its threatened area:
hit 1d20+16[/roll] confirm damage critdamage

Zaruth shoots her last shocking grasp and then uses the bullets with acid splash on, even though that's useless - the bullets still hurt!

[roll3] hit [roll4] confirm [roll5] damage [roll6] critdamage [roll7] CLvsSR [roll8] spelldamage [roll9] critspelldamage
[roll10] hit [roll11] confirm [roll12] damage [roll13] critdamage
[roll14] hit [roll15] confirm [roll16] damage [roll17] critdamage
[roll18] hit [roll19] confirm [roll20] damage [roll21] critdamage

And then Hurricane's other attack:
[roll22] hit 1d20+16 confirm [roll23] damage [roll24] critdamage

Fliggl
2018-01-28, 04:11 PM
After a few seconds, Jacub realizes that there was nothing he must be afraid of. So he turned around and walked back to his comrades, shooting an Eldritch Blast at the left guard
move action = move
Standard action = EB (E spear) ranged touch attack [roll0] for [roll1] damage

tonberryking
2018-01-28, 04:29 PM
Irked that the remaining devil guard had the audacity to keep out of range for her to hit it twice, the holy werewolf hefts up her oversized mace, its head starting to glow with what poets would consider moonlight and in two steps brings it down in a screaming hammerblow. With her shield hovering nearby her helpfully, it's little wonder she can swing such a large weapon with both hands.

[roll0]
Smite Attack, +2 to hit

[roll1] and extra damage.

Tsunamiatunzen1
2018-01-30, 03:59 AM
The twins weren't exactly sure where the help had come from but they weren't about to complain.
"Hey!" Du'Os shouted at the other guard.
"Listen to the lady and come get zapped!" Deus finished.
Du'Os picked up the fallen dagger while her twin managed to get a clear shot at the last combatant they could pick out.
Thunder cracks through the air in reply to the bolt of lightning Deus suddenly lets loose from her fingertips. She still tries her best to keep it from fizzling as it attempts to strike their target and Du'Os helps to strengthen its power should it take.

Deus is moving to P6 and manifesting Energy Bolt (Electricity)
Using Empowered via Intricate Spellcasting. (Auto-Pass as usual)
Caster Check: [roll0](He's wearing metal so +2)
Damage: [roll1] x 1.5 Electricity
Reflex DC 20 halves

LairdMaon
2018-01-30, 09:05 AM
"Stop hiding and fight like you mean it!" Böse stabs again at the place he'd struck the mage.

First Strike
To Hit [roll0]
To Hurt [roll1]

Second Strike
To Hit [roll2]
To Hurt [roll3]

Goaty14
2018-02-04, 03:52 PM
As the newfound party strikes at the fleeing devil, the monstrosity looks back and, with a face of pure hatred, disappears

((What do you do now?))

LairdMaon
2018-02-04, 04:23 PM
There is no response from the area that the mage was in, and Böse is very much not pleased. Still watching fit any sign of movement, he jabs his weapon at the sand and then picks up a large handful. He carefully tosses it in the last area he saw his target. If the mage is there but invisible, his silhouette should be made visible.

tonberryking
2018-02-04, 04:32 PM
Luna urfs, and then, though it doesn't behoove her to act heavily like a wolf, she sniffs around, mace shifted to her shoulder as she tries to catch the scent of this fleeing scourge, hoping he didn't just teleport.

[roll0] She's literally trying to sniff the guy out if he's just invisible. Hopefully this can count for something...

Fliggl
2018-02-04, 04:40 PM
Jacub walked back to his comrades and said I thought I had seen something over there... yeah... And I wouldn't let it escape... yeah, escape. But... it was nothing. Have you seen my axe? Ou, here it is, yeah!

He picked his axe up again, walked over to one of those guards and beheaded him. Then, he made himself a new hat with the upper skull of the guard.
While doing this he cursed all the time, because he was ashamed that he was so much afraid.

Debatra
2018-02-04, 11:13 PM
The Elf casts Command on the remaining Devil, moving to Q-5 to ensure the order to approach her will leave the creature open to plenty of attacks.

If the "guard" saves, she will Quick Cast another Command.

DC 17

Tsunamiatunzen1
2018-02-07, 04:54 PM
After the thing disappears, it's only then that the twins relax and Du'Os bends down to pick up the dagger while Deus addresses the newcomers.
"We do thank you for the help." Deus begins.
"But now we have to ask-"
"Why?" They both finish in unison.

Goaty14
2018-02-08, 10:58 PM
There is no response from the area that the mage was in, and Böse is very much not pleased. Still watching fit any sign of movement, he jabs his weapon at the sand and then picks up a large handful. He carefully tosses it in the last area he saw his target. If the mage is there but invisible, his silhouette should be made visible.

The silouette is visible of a humanoid, though it's head appears... disfigured.

Luna urfs, and then, though it doesn't behoove her to act heavily like a wolf, she sniffs around, mace shifted to her shoulder as she tries to catch the scent of this fleeing scourge, hoping he didn't just teleport.

[roll0] She's literally trying to sniff the guy out if he's just invisible. Hopefully this can count for something...

Luna doesn't smell the devil being anywhere within her range.

Fliggl
2018-02-09, 01:10 AM
Hey Böse! Why are you throwing sand on this poor dead headless guy?
With his invocation see the unseen the corpse in front of the dragon is clearly visible for him. Maybe someone should tell him, that not everybody can see invisible.

LairdMaon
2018-02-09, 11:21 AM
Böse stands up straight and turns to Jacub, "I could not lay eyes upon his invisible form. The dirt fixed that for me. Now. I'd like to suggest we catch up to the cart and our job, yes?"

Tsunamiatunzen1
2018-02-12, 08:41 PM
It just occurred to the twins that now might be a good opportunity to find their employer before he decided to leave them behind.
"Well, while he's throwing dirt around," Du'Os remarked.
"I'll be looking for the runaway cart." Added Deus.
"Then I'll lead you to him after she finds out." She finished.
With that, Deus went off to find the cart while Du'Os tried to figure out who these newcomers were that had suddenly decided to join a rather random fight.
Well let's try to figure out where that cart went off to.
Gather Information: [roll0]
Spot:[roll1]

Goaty14
2018-02-16, 04:31 PM
Deus, heading off to find the cart, found a vague description of where their employer went, however, it wasn't long before she found him, given how easy it was to spot the cart. Their employer is in the "Old Knight's Inn and Cottage". Approaching it, you notice several bright lights spewing out of the windows and loud talking inside.

((What do you do? Sorry I'm late -- everybody might have quit anyways...))

Tsunamiatunzen1
2018-02-20, 01:30 AM
Deus, being a very curious just like her sister, couldn't help but investigate who was having fun without her.
She quickly popped her head inside of the inn to see if she could spot where the man and driver had went.

Goaty14
2018-02-22, 04:27 PM
As deus pops her head inside the inn comparable to a sudden disturbance, a plethora of knights (K) stare right back at her and her boss (B) blushes like a tomato, pretending not to notice. Deus' keen eye spots a sheet of paper on the table. (What do you do? EDIT: I keep forgetting the map (https://ibb.co/mzwuNc)!)

Tsunamiatunzen1
2018-02-23, 02:26 PM
{... I think we might have a problem here,} Deus noted.
{Well stall until I can get there!}
{It involves our employer and what appears to be a gang of knights.}
{Stall really hard,} they both agreed.

Deus
She stepped inside, as if nothing was amiss.
"I take it that the sign wasn't exaggerating when it mentioned knights."
With curiosity spurring her on, she walked up to the table hosting Jack and the greatest number of knights.
"This looks interesting. What's going on here with you handsome gentlemen?"
{Ugh, I'm terrible at this sort of thing.}
{We both are, silly,} came the reply, {you just drew the short straw for distraction duty.}

Du'Os
Having finished conversing with her sister, Du'Os decided having the others come along wouldn't hurt.
"So, my sister says Jack could be in a bit of trouble. Since I like getting paid, I'm going to head off in that direction. You're welcome to join me if you want."
With that said, she took a short moment to sense the direction her twin was and began a light jog in the general direction.

I'm expecting De is a little busy to be giving instructions so Du is going to use their link to sense the direction. (a little unreliably but good enough)

Fliggl
2018-02-23, 02:46 PM
Yeah, you heard our little friend! Let's go into the city! Jacub was happy to show his new hat to the citizens...

Goaty14
2018-03-06, 11:12 AM
After a short silence between the knights, one of them calls out "Just another adventurer eh?" and they continue on their discussions. Seating at the table, Jack looks back at deus and says "We were discussing your contract! Would you like to review it?"

Tsunamiatunzen1
2018-03-07, 04:45 PM
Deus
Deus looks a bit quizzically at Jack.
"I mean, if you want to. Just so long as we get paid we have no problems with it."
Despite her claim, she went over to the table to figure out just what was going on.

Du'Os
She did her best to navigate the streets while leading the others towards the Inn.
"I just really wish my sister would have given me exact directions to where this place was."
{Bit busy, so if you'd stop thinking about me it would be much appreciated.}
Du'Os instead began thinking of demon hats.

Fliggl
2018-03-07, 05:40 PM
Hey small friend, Jacub said while following the running gremlin you know where to go, ya?

And during running, he grabbed his wand to use it for a healing. He felt still a bit exhausted, so he used it a second time.

Jacub's a Warlock, so taking 10 for UMD while running is ok. Activating the wand of lesser vigor two times - healing 40 points in 4 minutes.

Goaty14
2018-03-10, 10:38 PM
((The dice overlords have spoken! Two nat. 20s in a single post!???!?))

As Jack drowns Deus in talking with the, quite literal, knights, she can attempt to hear their voices [roll0] over the surrounding hustle and bustle... and she is able to dicern out her surrounding voices from the others. Jack and his folks are complementing his trade -- he appears to be considering moving into a different job.

Du'Os and Jacub, rushing to catch up from their limited knowledge, may find it hard to get to the exact place, given their circumstances... but such a mindlink is not to be underestimated! Du'Os is able to find the place almost immediately and is now standing in the doorway. ((Jacub heals 5 hit points in this time, but his fast healing will continue))
((Gather Information from Du'Os -- to determine what Deus is saying: [roll1]))

MAP (https://ibb.co/giDa3S)

Fliggl
2018-03-11, 05:22 PM
Hey Jack, good we found you! We have some apples to deliver, are you coming? Jacub shouted to his employer