PDA

View Full Version : Player Help Ki Blast (PHB2) feat mentions monk bonus feat at 8th level, that's not the case?Help?

theHitchenator
2017-11-12, 02:32 PM
phb2 page 80

Special: A fighter can select Ki Blast as one of his fighter bonus feats. A monk with the Stunning Fist feat can select Ki Blast as her bonus feat at 8th level, as long as she possesses the Fiery Fist feat and a base attack bonus of +6 (other prerequisites can be ignored)

phb1 table 3-10: The Monk does not list a bonus feat at 8th level. Is it an error on the monk table or an error in phb2? I guess the rule of primary sources dictates that we take the phb1 at face value and discount the edge case in phb2, but if we are to use this rule and adapt it fit phb1 then what conditions should we use? Have I missed something somewhere?

ATHATH
2017-11-12, 02:36 PM
IIRC, there's errata for this. A quick google search for "ki blast errata" should find it.

Necroticplague
2017-11-12, 03:01 PM
IIRC, there's errata for this. A quick google search for "ki blast errata" should find it.

Yep. PHB2 errata, page 2. Fiery Ki Defence has the same typo, and both were erratad to refer to the sixth level bonus feat.

theHitchenator
2017-11-12, 03:28 PM
Yep. PHB2 errata, page 2. Fiery Ki Defence has the same typo, and both were erratad to refer to the sixth level bonus feat.

Ok but even in the errata it says they need a BAB of +6, but monks have +4 BAB at 6th level, how are we to interpret that? does it require multiclassing to pull off?

ATHATH
2017-11-12, 03:58 PM
Ok but even in the errata it says they need a BAB of +6, but monks have +4 BAB at 6th level, how are we to interpret that? does it require multiclassing to pull off?
Yeah, I think you're supposed to multiclass.

Domar
2017-11-12, 04:06 PM
Monks ignore prerequisites on their bonus feats.

KillianHawkeye
2017-11-12, 10:33 PM
Monks ignore prerequisites on their bonus feats.

You may have missed it, but the feat in question specifically states that a Monk can't ignore the BAB prerequisite.