PDA

View Full Version : Using rolemaster skills with D&D

huginn
2017-11-12, 10:35 PM
Overall I like the skill system in Rolemaster I prefer it over the skill system for 3.x/pathfinder. I know there are tables to convert D&d stats to Rolemaster and I am curious has anyone tried using those tables and used the skills from Rolemaster and how much work was involved

LibraryOgre
2017-11-13, 10:38 AM
See if you can't track down the old MERP role-playing game. The 2nd edition of MERP had official conversion rules in the back, and MERP was Rolemaster-lite.

Broadly, take the MERP stat and divide by 5. You have a rough approximation of the D&D stat.

Knaight
2017-11-13, 03:44 PM
Overall I like the skill system in Rolemaster I prefer it over the skill system for 3.x/pathfinder. I know there are tables to convert D&d stats to Rolemaster and I am curious has anyone tried using those tables and used the skills from Rolemaster and how much work was involved

I haven't, but provided that you avoid skills useful in combat and magic it should be a pretty easy conversion. You're basically just adding a skill system to a game that essentially doesn't have one, and instead of building a skill system you're just taking one. Bridge the gap with the attributes and you're set.