PDA

View Full Version : Where Madness Dwells

Westhart
2017-11-13, 10:29 AM
Kynlee is on a hill overlooking the city, where she can smell similar smells to those you smelt in life, before your prison sentence tore you away and showed you a whole new line of work that is, the waste of the slums, the smell of roasting meat, and ultimately the stench of death. You look down upon the city from on high, the clenched note (https://drive.google.com/file/d/1slMlhJkiM-2bOgQfU_NffGW1okGpBRaw/view?usp=sharing)from your mother in one hand.

Mina has been in the city for a few days, her traveling taking her to a place that finding a vampire at would be... surprising to say the least. Instead of staying at the local inn you have decided to stay in the church, after all who knows what could happen in an Inn at a city like this. From your short time you already have noticed that the place seems to be fearful of most mages, killing them on sight unless they have a Uythjil (a special pass from the governor of the city) in which case they are treated with much respect. Suddenly there is a knocking on the door and a rough dwarvish voice you recognize as that of the cleric who runs the church is heard from the other side " 'ey, zer es somun ere te met yuh." To most his accent is... incomprehensible. This is the first time he's bothered you, and now it is apparent that he knew you were there, although he didn't care... for one reason or another.

Astra is waiting to enter the Chamber of Lords, who have offered him a decent contract. On the otherside of the door there is the sound of much bickering, and then finally a tall bald man storms out of the room Outrageous, absolutely outrageous! As he leaves a tall man slips into the shadows, silently following him, such is business after all. Then an elderly looking person whose hands are covered in ink stains comes out "The Lords are ready to see you now."

Xilo is heading for the Chamber of Lords, trying to get through the streets, which if one doesn't mind wading through the filth is not too hard, it seems that most stay clear of the street, at least in the better parts of town. In the distance you hear cries of "Witchcraft!" and "Burn the Witch!", although the Lords asked in their letter that you hurry as it is of the utmost importance.

Ashi is heading for the city, as she has heard vague whispery rumors that something is wrong with the asylum, although as far as she can tell there is no substance to sad rumors. Although the rumors she heard of the city were an understatement. As you approach from the eastern side of the city the stench of filth and carrion is eye watering, and only those used to and born to such filth could live in it. As you approach one of the city guards steps forward, a false smile on his face. "If I were you miss I'd suggest you head around and enter via the west gate ma'am, as the pigs in here would enjoy nothing more then... Fresh meat."

Clarence is approaching the city from the North, a slightly chilly wind tousing his hair. A short letter from a dwarven cleric he had met once is in his possessions, which speaks of something (besides the government) that is coming, something evil... Unfortunately said dwarf suffered severe injuries a few centuries ago (not to mention he's gettin' on in the years) repelling an invasion of Terguhlf from his home. Now he mostly travels, and helps where he can.

Debatra is sitting to the side of the Chamber of Lords, watching the Nobles debate over trade routes. They invited him in, and were about to discuss something, but apparently decided to argue with someone else and then make him wait for everyone else to show up... After all, everybody has time for a noble to waste... Don't they?

Erick approaches the city, where a haggard looking man sits, and hollers at you, “Welcome to Niarva, Gateway to Hel! Got a coin to spare?” Two burly guards drag him away within moments, and another approaches "What is your purpose in Niarva?" Erick has recently gotten an invitation from the Merchant Lords, although the guards have not been informed... Luckily he still has the letter they sent him somewhere... although finding it may take a while.

Greenflame133
2017-11-13, 11:13 AM
I look over a the man. A bit intrigued. Every town has beggars but not all are taken away like this. anyways it's not coins that they need. Then I look over at the guard. I a bit bother by guards ton by then I think how bored he musth be. Having to deal with tons of people everyday. I smile sofly replaying calmly and even some what warmly "Oh good morning sir. it's business. I was invited by the lockal merchant lords"

redfeline
2017-11-13, 11:44 AM
And Nairva returns to darken my mood once more. Kynlee folds her wings as best she can under a heavy cloak. She reaches into her robe feeling her hidden tanto. [roll0] It was still there and easy to reach. She adjusts her Katana to hide it from the casual observer.

Kynlee then makes her way down to the town to discus what she can with her mother about her uncles wear about. She never liked the asylum, but had once considered what it could do with more funding. In the end its reputation made her consider it a poor charity.

Illven
2017-11-13, 01:50 PM
The attractive blonde ***** her head, before practically gliding over to the door, placing her ear over the wood of the door, she stops and considers.

Ignoring the obvious question of how long he had known she was there. She was stealthy dammit. How the hell did a damn cleric see past his own nose long enough to see her. She decided to go with the safer question.

Um... She said shrinking her fangs so that hopefully he didn't realize she was undead. What do they look like, and what did they say they wanted?

Debatra
2017-11-13, 03:13 PM
The Elf sits for a minute, idly wondering which of his relatives had managed to offend a noble. At the moment, he would guess that either Adeak had stolen something from one of them or Sarandas's political posturing had annoyed one. It of course also occurred to him that this could easily be about something else entirely, though he would then have no idea what.

While not particularly caring for their sensitivities, he thought he may as well not actively insult the nobility; and so he bothered to "dress" for the occasion. As such, his Vestment of Many Styles is currently in the shape of some fancier clothes, more akin to the current "high-class fashion" than anything he would normally wear (though he was at least grateful that blue shirts were "in" at the moment). He had even thought to repurpose some of the small gems he carried as spell components into some minor decorations, having the magical shirt weave itself around a few of them for the appearance of ruby buttons.

That said; he had little patience for anything here that might require any effort, especially not for a waste like this. He paid some attention to what the idiots were arguing about for a while just in case, but had long since gotten up to stare at the artwork. He'll give it another minute or two...

Ellowryn
2017-11-14, 12:19 PM
Clarence pulls his cloak tighter against his armor to try and ward away the chill. The letter he had received had troubled him enough to provoke this journey but the lack of details makes any solid move difficult. Nothing to be done about this situation, he thinks to himself, so first lets get into the city and out of this cold. With that thought in mind he heads into the city through the closest gate, wary but unsure of what is to follow.

niw18
2017-11-15, 12:00 AM
Astra always honored a contract this one was very well paying and wondered what the prey he had to hunt down this time was. He heard to bickering coming from the room of his employers but shrugged as it was no his concern as he was not hired to worry about bickering of old men and whatever issues they had he got every contract done and to him, that is all that matters to him. Astra would watch the old man that walked out h in a howl in protest and looked to another man slip into the shadows and shrug at that as it was not the first time in business it had happened. The creature would watch as an elder man that had ink-stained hands leave room and speak to him. The creature would nod and enter the room as he spoke when it was needed as it speeds up this part of the business. He would enter the chambers and took a spot and looked to the lords and sighed as the rank of these foolish old mortals did not mean anything to him and if they make contract he did what was needed to complete it and then it is all done there was nothing else to it.

anonomas321
2017-11-15, 02:30 PM
The scent of this ‘city’, filled with carrion and filth was more than simply eye-watering... it was completely and utterly nauseating for a being such as Ashi. Whilst death itself was a spectre she had long since walked alongside, normally the scent of death came only from one being, and only from those recently gone. The fresh and fertile forests, teeming with life it could almost overwhelm you was Ashi’s home... and the cold, dank caves of her childhood may not have been pleasant, yet there was clean and well-kept compared to this place! Ashi could not even understand how people could choose to live here. Surely striking out from such stench and into the wild was a better life than staying in this filth!?

... Regardless. Ashi had heard the rumours surrounding the asylum here and knew that to repay her debt she must try to stop monsters wherever they lay. Hence why she stayed silent and nodded in thanks to the guard who approached her, heading off to circle around the city, hopefully going upwind to it as she did so... sure, Ashi knew she could handle herself, but at the same time there was no need for her to seek out danger where it could be easily avoided.

2017-11-16, 12:05 AM
Xilo is heading for the Chamber of Lords, trying to get through the streets, which if one doesn't mind wading through the filth is not too hard, it seems that most stay clear of the street, at least in the better parts of town. In the distance you hear cries of "Witchcraft!" and "Burn the Witch!", although the Lords asked in their letter that you hurry as it is of the utmost importance.

Xilo diverts from his course a bit - a quick stop won't harm anything, and it may prevent rash decisions being made by panicked townsfolk that can't be taken back.

Westhart
2017-11-16, 12:56 PM
Xilo diverts from his course a bit - a quick stop won't harm anything, and it may prevent rash decisions being made by panicked townsfolk that can't be taken back.
Xilo can see a tall elf being pelted by rocks... Which suddenly stops as a Tall black clothed man steps into the street, a huge greatsword hanging off the side of his belt, and he effortlessly picks up the elf, who squeals in protest. You can see a symbol that is 4 triple linked rhombus shapes.

The scent of this ‘city’, filled with carrion and filth was more than simply eye-watering... it was completely and utterly nauseating for a being such as Ashi. Whilst death itself was a spectre she had long since walked alongside, normally the scent of death came only from one being, and only from those recently gone. The fresh and fertile forests, teeming with life it could almost overwhelm you was Ashi’s home... and the cold, dank caves of her childhood may not have been pleasant, yet there was clean and well-kept compared to this place! Ashi could not even understand how people could choose to live here. Surely striking out from such stench and into the wild was a better life than staying in this filth!?

... Regardless. Ashi had heard the rumours surrounding the asylum here and knew that to repay her debt she must try to stop monsters wherever they lay. Hence why she stayed silent and nodded in thanks to the guard who approached her, heading off to circle around the city, hopefully going upwind to it as she did so... sure, Ashi knew she could handle herself, but at the same time there was no need for her to seek out danger where it could be easily avoided.
The scent becomes much less potent as you head away from the slums of the city and as you reach the afore mentioned gate another guard steps forward. "Ma'am, may I ask why you are visiting the pleasant city of Niarva?" He isn't trying to be hostile, just doing his job. He gives a sigh, and rubs his eyes, obviously bored, tired, and having no interest at his post.

Astra always honored a contract this one was very well paying and wondered what the prey he had to hunt down this time was. He heard to bickering coming from the room of his employers but shrugged as it was no his concern as he was not hired to worry about bickering of old men and whatever issues they had he got every contract done and to him, that is all that matters to him. Astra would watch the old man that walked out h in a howl in protest and looked to another man slip into the shadows and shrug at that as it was not the first time in business it had happened. The creature would watch as an elder man that had ink-stained hands leave room and speak to him. The creature would nod and enter the room as he spoke when it was needed as it speeds up this part of the business. He would enter the chambers and took a spot and looked to the lords and sighed as the rank of these foolish old mortals did not mean anything to him and if they make contract he did what was needed to complete it and then it is all done there was nothing else to it.
The Lords smile as Astra enters, "One moment please, the rest shall be here shortly." He gives a tight smile, obviously a bit nervous about the hulking creature.

Clarence pulls his cloak tighter against his armor to try and ward away the chill. The letter he had received had troubled him enough to provoke this journey but the lack of details makes any solid move difficult. Nothing to be done about this situation, he thinks to himself, so first lets get into the city and out of this cold. With that thought in mind he heads into the city through the closest gate, wary but unsure of what is to follow.
"Your purposes sir? Why is it you travel to Niarva?" The guard steps forward, one hand on his belt, not quite touching the sword's pommel, but giving him a hint that'd he better speak, and do so quickly.

The Elf sits for a minute, idly wondering which of his relatives had managed to offend a noble. At the moment, he would guess that either Adeak had stolen something from one of them or Sarandas's political posturing had annoyed one. It of course also occurred to him that this could easily be about something else entirely, though he would then have no idea what.

While not particularly caring for their sensitivities, he thought he may as well not actively insult the nobility; and so he bothered to "dress" for the occasion. As such, his Vestment of Many Styles is currently in the shape of some fancier clothes, more akin to the current "high-class fashion" than anything he would normally wear (though he was at least grateful that blue shirts were "in" at the moment). He had even thought to repurpose some of the small gems he carried as spell components into some minor decorations, having the magical shirt weave itself around a few of them for the appearance of ruby buttons.

That said; he had little patience for anything here that might require any effort, especially not for a waste like this. He paid some attention to what the idiots were arguing about for a while just in case, but had long since gotten up to stare at the artwork. He'll give it another minute or two...
One of the Lords leans in towards you, "Don't worry, this has nothing to do with your family... This time." He leans away after offering a wink. He leans back, and it is obvious he's also bored. The man is a human in his late thirties, grizzled, one who must have worked his way to gain Nobility, not someone born to it. The other nobles are patiently waiting for "the others" to show up.

The attractive blonde ***** her head, before practically gliding over to the door, placing her ear over the wood of the door, she stops and considers.

Ignoring the obvious question of how long he had known she was there. She was stealthy dammit. How the hell did a damn cleric see past his own nose long enough to see her. She decided to go with the safer question.

Um... She said shrinking her fangs so that hopefully he didn't realize she was undead. What do they look like, and what did they say they wanted?
A small chuckle is in the dwarf's voice "Ze gran ole lords o zis swell city ish teh see yeh." The sound of him shifting on the otherside of the door then walking off "I'll lev yeh teh yeh besness ten."

I look over a the man. A bit intrigued. Every town has beggars but not all are taken away like this. anyways it's not coins that they need. Then I look over at the guard. I a bit bother by guards ton by then I think how bored he musth be. Having to deal with tons of people everyday. I smile sofly replaying calmly and even some what warmly "Oh good morning sir. it's business. I was invited by the lockal merchant lords"
"We're you? Do you have proof of travel, a letter of invitation? How do I know you aren't a spy? Huh?" YOu see another guard shaking his head and start heading over...

And Nairva returns to darken my mood once more. Kynlee folds her wings as best she can under a heavy cloak. She reaches into her robe feeling her hidden tanto. [roll0] It was still there and easy to reach. She adjusts her Katana to hide it from the casual observer.

Kynlee then makes her way down to the town to discus what she can with her mother about her uncles wear about. She never liked the asylum, but had once considered what it could do with more funding. In the end its reputation made her consider it a poor charity.
As you approach the gate you see a cloaked man approached by a guard, who waves for you to wait while he deals with him. "I'll be with you in a moment lass."

Greenflame133
2017-11-16, 01:12 PM
I sing "well you are looking at dragon blooded Sadida centur, rather rare thing. I guess there is not such thing as too much security. I did holed on to inversion letter. " I place my back pack on the ground. I open it and start looking through all my stuff. Searching for this letter. I had placed with other papers. Pressed between two hard and flat things.

Illven
2017-11-16, 03:49 PM
Nina will leave the room, and start heading to the central part of the church avoiding windows all the awhile.

Debatra
2017-11-16, 07:58 PM
Debatra will give the man his full attention for a moment. "So then what is it about? I seriously doubt they brought me here for advice on trade routes."

redfeline
2017-11-17, 10:36 AM
Kynlee waits patiently for the guard to finish with the cloaked man. She thinks back on how many years it has been since she last came to this town. Thinking back to her mother the answer seems to be too many. Thinking on the city and the poor souls inside it seemed to be too few. As she approached the guard and thought about her wanted status a nearly a decade ago, she thought hopefully enough.

niw18
2017-11-18, 08:43 AM
Astra would just nod in response to the lord that is his employer and waiting was nothing for him plus he was getting paid so be it standing here waiting for others or hunting down his pray either was fine as he did not mind doing either. He would stretch a little the hulking creature would give them an intimidating smile as his sharp predator like teeth can be seen. he did not intentionally want to intimidate the lords but his size and many rows of razor sharp teeth might not help.

if it is needed intermediate roll

[roll0]

Ellowryn
2017-11-20, 10:47 AM
Clarence stands before the guard with a warm smile, not even bothering to react to his threatening posture. Hello! He says calmly, I am here to meet an old friend Bruzan Yjistledorne, although i am not sure where in town i will find him. He is a dwarf of many years, he continues to give a physical description of his friend, have you perchance seen him?

Westhart
2017-11-20, 01:30 PM
I sing "well you are looking at dragon blooded Sadida centur, rather rare thing. I guess there is not such thing as too much security. I did holed on to inversion letter. " I place my back pack on the ground. I open it and start looking through all my stuff. Searching for this letter. I had placed with other papers. Pressed between two hard and flat things.
The guard impatiently huffs, and then the other one who had shaken his head earlier arrives "Ygoutre, I'll deal with him." He turns back to the centaur, "Sorry about that, he was the victim o' an raid, ne'er did quite recover. May I see your letter sir?"

Nina will leave the room, and start heading to the central part of the church avoiding windows all the awhile.
There is an impatient tapping on the door "M'lady?" comes a different more pleasant voice. "The Lords of this fine city seek your company, and it may be of interest to you. Please, don't make us come in there after you, as the Lords wish to ke a deal, as they heard that you were rather skilled in... " He leaves off, "They heard that you were skilled in the art of break ins and want you to check their defenses."

Debatra will give the man his full attention for a moment. "So then what is it about? I seriously doubt they brought me here for advice on trade routes."
The man looks at the older one sitting, waiting. He leans in "From what I heard one of the lord's sons gone and disappeared... after he was locked in the asylum. Must be hard times for that place." He shrugs.

Astra would just nod in response to the lord that is his employer and waiting was nothing for him plus he was getting paid so be it standing here waiting for others or hunting down his pray either was fine as he did not mind doing either. He would stretch a little the hulking creature would give them an intimidating smile as his sharp predator like teeth can be seen. he did not intentionally want to intimidate the lords but his size and many rows of razor sharp teeth might not help.

if it is needed intermediate roll

[roll0]

The noble gives a slight shudder then pointedly ignores you, impatiently tapping a beat with his fingers "The others must have been held up... I'll send some men to find them." With that he gestures to a few men, who slip out of the room.

Clarence stands before the guard with a warm smile, not even bothering to react to his threatening posture. Hello! He says calmly, I am here to meet an old friend Bruzan Yjistledorne, although i am not sure where in town i will find him. He is a dwarf of many years, he continues to give a physical description of his friend, have you perchance seen him?

Kynlee waits patiently for the guard to finish with the cloaked man. She thinks back on how many years it has been since she last came to this town. Thinking back to her mother the answer seems to be too many. Thinking on the city and the poor souls inside it seemed to be too few. As she approached the guard and thought about her wanted status a nearly a decade ago, she thought hopefully enough.
As Clarence is talking a familiar dwarf can be seen approaching. "Ah, es gud te see ye, 'ell me, ow as it been?" He gestures to the guard, a single wave of the hand telling him to go on, which gets a nod and the guard approaches Kynlee the dwarf makes another wave "she's with me." He offers a wink, and the guard shrugs then wanders back to he guard post. "Much easier for yuh te come ith me til we're out o' sight" He tells Kynlee with a smile, and then turns back to Clarence, wanting a traveling tale, and obviously not wanting to speak on the crowded streets, as who knows who's watching.

Greenflame133
2017-11-20, 02:42 PM
"yes of course. Just excuse me for a moment, my bag is rather full" I search my bag. After a while I find that latter. I open it slightly showing just the part with lords stamps. "here it is" I smile

redfeline
2017-11-20, 10:41 PM
Kynlee smiles polity at the guard and follows the dwarf inside. Thank you kind sir, may I ask about the state of the town?

Ellowryn
2017-11-20, 11:23 PM
Bruzan, my old friend! How are you? Clarance says as he gives the old dwarf a handshake and a pat on the back before following him down the street. Turning to the woman whom his friend also ushered past he the guard, Hello, my name is Clarance, and you are? He extends his hand for a handshake.

Illven
2017-11-20, 11:44 PM
Nina chuckles eagerly.

At this she takes a step and unlocks the door.

The door is unlocked, feel free to come in at your pleasure. She called out still wary of the midday sun even if it wasn't as bad as it was for other vampires.

Westhart
2017-11-21, 10:35 AM
"yes of course. Just excuse me for a moment, my bag is rather full" I search my bag. After a while I find that latter. I open it slightly showing just the part with lords stamps. "here it is" I smile
The guard smiles, "Thank you sir, that'll be all." Just follow this road straight down until you reach the Dragon Foam bar then take a left, the Chamber of Lords will be there. Will that be all you are needing?

Kynlee smiles polity at the guard and follows the dwarf inside. Thank you kind sir, may I ask about the state of the town?

Bruzan, my old friend! How are you? Clarance says as he gives the old dwarf a handshake and a pat on the back before following him down the street. Turning to the woman whom his friend also ushered past he the guard, Hello, my name is Clarance, and you are? He extends his hand for a handshake.
The Dwarf smiles at Kynlee, "Ur welcome young miiss, those guards can be rather annoying. He looks up at Clarence, "Eh, eev been fine." He shakes his head at the mention of the town. "Es no betteh ten it was a twelve years ago, ohr twente foe that matteh. An it seems teh only desent part es goin' down 'ill."He gestures to the church, then looks at Kynlee "Will ye be joinin' us?"

Nina chuckles eagerly.

At this she takes a step and unlocks the door.

The door is unlocked, feel free to come in at your pleasure. She called out still wary of the midday sun even if it wasn't as bad as it was for other vampires.

The door opens and a young well groomed man enters, motioning for the guards to wait outside. "Hello, I'm Zhon." He looks at her for a moment, "Well, we both have things we'd rather be doing so here it is; recently someone of importance has gone missing and we want you to get him back. I'm not at liberty to say more until I know whether or notyou will accept the job. He holds up a black parasol made of some thick material. "We won't have to waste time for night to fall." He stops to think then blushes, "I hope this doesn't feel to surreal, my father does a lot of div... He's well informed. So, will you accept the job?"

Greenflame133
2017-11-21, 10:51 AM
"yes, thank you sir" I smile before walking off. I follow his directions. I look around at he archture of the town.
1d20+6

Debatra
2017-11-21, 02:33 PM
The Elf leans back in his chair. "Well then depending on which it was, calling me in makes slightly more sense." He looks over to the idiots still chattering on. "Of course, I'm not sure how they could think that calling me in and then doing this could help."

Illven
2017-11-21, 03:19 PM
The door opens and a young well groomed man enters, motioning for the guards to wait outside. "Hello, I'm Zhon." He looks at her for a moment, "Well, we both have things we'd rather be doing so here it is; recently someone of importance has gone missing and we want you to get him back. I'm not at liberty to say more until I know whether or notyou will accept the job. He holds up a black parasol made of some thick material. "We won't have to waste time for night to fall." He stops to think then blushes, "I hope this doesn't feel to surreal, my father does a lot of div... He's well informed. So, will you accept the job?"

Eyes up here. Nina coughs, the well endowed vampiress deciding to mess with the young man for the lols.

We don't have time? What is it already close to 48 hours? She asks squinting quizzically in the man as she reaches for the parasol.

I accept the job, on the condition that you tell me more about how your father knew to scry for me. She remarks.

redfeline
2017-11-21, 04:33 PM
Kynlee gives a kurt answer. You may call me Kyn. She listens to the heavy accented dwarf. Sounds like I havn't missed much then. As the cleric gestures to the church. I would be delighted to take your hospitality. The family I have here can ill afford a guest.

niw18
2017-11-22, 12:12 AM
astra noticed the lords reaction and sighed as he noticed him ignore him then tap his finger. he watched as two others leave and do as the one lords requested and slip out of the room to see what holding up the others. he would just wait and tap his foot wanting to get this going so he starts search for the prey they want to be hunted down.

Westhart
2017-11-22, 04:44 PM
"yes, thank you sir" I smile before walking off. I follow his directions. I look around at he archture of the town.
1d20+6
The City seems to be in a state of decay, buildings ranging from having been built last month to a few centuries in age. YOu come to a Inn with what appears to be a rabid snarling foaming red dragon. To the left you can see a grand keep.

The Elf leans back in his chair. "Well then depending on which it was, calling me in makes slightly more sense." He looks over to the idiots still chattering on. "Of course, I'm not sure how they could think that calling me in and then doing this could help."
The man shrugs "They chat all day, but when they get to acting they do get some things done. The problem is motivation."

Eyes up here. Nina coughs, the well endowed vampiress deciding to mess with the young man for the lols.

We don't have time? What is it already close to 48 hours? She asks squinting quizzically in the man as she reaches for the parasol.

I accept the job, on the condition that you tell me more about how your father knew to scry for me. She remarks.
Zhon smiles, "I have been told that it is the utmost importance you come at once. As to how my father knew? He's paranoid, and he caught you slipping into the city. He pretty much watches everything, except the church... Which has more to do with its construction then politeness. Anyhow, you may also want to put this on, as it gives you the power to pull on any magical abilities you may have... Otherwise people are less then friendly." He offers a Black dragon necklace, one hand pointing out the window.

Kynlee gives a kurt answer. You may call me Kyn. She listens to the heavy accented dwarf. Sounds like I havn't missed much then. As the cleric gestures to the church. I would be delighted to take your hospitality. The family I have here can ill afford a guest.
He ushers you and Clarence in, and once inside his accent suddenly drops off "Sorry if I was adrupt out there, but who knows with the paranoia running ramapnt who's watching. So you have family here young miss?"

((Partially dropped the accent b/c typing it was killing me :smallbiggrin:))

astra noticed the lords reaction and sighed as he noticed him ignore him then tap his finger. he watched as two others leave and do as the one lords requested and slip out of the room to see what holding up the others. he would just wait and tap his foot wanting to get this going so he starts search for the prey they want to be hunted down.
As you leave you hear what seems to be a mob following a tall man, a deathly pale elf slung over his shoulder. The mob seems intent on the "burning" of witches and other similar things.

Debatra
2017-11-22, 06:15 PM
"Motivation, eh?" He stands from his seat and does a small stretch. "Let's see about that then." He slowly walk over to the jabbering men, keeping his arms folded behind his back and muttering under his breath.

Taking ten for 32 on Sleight of Hand to cast unnoticed.

Casting Hypnotism (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/hypnotism.htm) centered on the group, Will 19 negates. If I roll poorly enough to only affect one creature, it takes a -2 to its save.

[roll0] HD of creatures affected.
Spell will last [roll1] rounds.

"Gentlemen, while I understand the importance of economics, I was called here for a specific reason and I was lead to believe it was urgent. I would greatly appreciate if we could get to business."

Illven
2017-11-22, 09:36 PM
Nina holds up her own necklace, placing it forward for the boy to see.

Kinda already have a necklace. She points out. And it's not like I look like a creature people would be less then friendly to.

Sense motive. Can I trust this man. [roll0]

Greenflame133
2017-11-23, 12:15 AM
I walk through the city. Odd that merchant's live in place that looks more like a slums then rich districts. That's an red flag. I walk up to the guard. I try hiding my worries. "hello sir. I'm Eric the cleric.
I have been invited herer" I get ready to reach for a litter if he asks.

Bluff: [roll0]
Diplomatic: [roll1]

2017-11-23, 10:44 AM
Xilo can see a tall elf being pelted by rocks... Which suddenly stops as a Tall black clothed man steps into the street, a huge greatsword hanging off the side of his belt, and he effortlessly picks up the elf, who squeals in protest. You can see a symbol that is 4 triple linked rhombus shapes.

Xilo gives a slight sigh of relief that the problem is well in hand, and makes his way to the meeting without further delay.

redfeline
2017-11-23, 10:07 PM
My mother calls this place home, I also have an uncle here. I can't say I've ever been very close to him but he has been placed in the asylum, I am here to negotiate his release. Kynlee neglects to mention how this was once her home.

niw18
2017-11-24, 01:00 AM
astra noticed the tall man and moves to watch the man in case he is prey he had to hunt down and get rid of him. he watched as it seemed he would not need to go out of town to find his next meal after all. He would look to the pal elf and wonder why they the mob were doing what they were doing as if the man that was leading this mob was a target then this becomes an interest that was for sure.

Ellowryn
2017-11-24, 08:53 AM
While Bruzen and Kynlee discuss the woman's family history Clarence takes the time to take a look around the church which according his friend has seen better days. Its is always sad to see a place that once brought comfort and light to people fall into disrepair, perhaps after this issue that the dwarf had wrote about is finished he will take the time to try and bring the place back to its former glory.

Westhart
2017-11-25, 12:20 PM
"Motivation, eh?" He stands from his seat and does a small stretch. "Let's see about that then." He slowly walk over to the jabbering men, keeping his arms folded behind his back and muttering under his breath.

Taking ten for 32 on Sleight of Hand to cast unnoticed.

Casting Hypnotism (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/hypnotism.htm) centered on the group, Will 19 negates. If I roll poorly enough to only affect one creature, it takes a -2 to its save.

[roll0] HD of creatures affected.
Spell will last [roll1] rounds.

"Gentlemen, while I understand the importance of economics, I was called here for a specific reason and I was lead to believe it was urgent. I would greatly appreciate if we could get to business."
It seems the spell largely has no effect, although the servants i the room seem to be watching with awe. ((Apparently these merchant lords are a bit more then they seem :smalltongue:)) "We're sorry for keeping you waiting, however it seems that one or two of you have been delayed. Please, give us a minute to sort everything out.

Nina holds up her own necklace, placing it forward for the boy to see.

Kinda already have a necklace. She points out. And it's not like I look like a creature people would be less then friendly to.

Sense motive. Can I trust this man. [roll0]

Zhon seems trustworthy, in fact the man seems incapable of lying. He's telling you the truth now at least. You get the impression that he won't be the one to inherit the "lord" title, he can't lie. "You may have a necklace, but the empire has some strict laws regarding magic, and unless you have one of these you may very well find yourself at the stake. Like that poor fellow [another gesture to the window]. Having this keeps you from having to worry... Of course that assumes you can use magic... My father hinted you may be able to, but if you can;t you have no need of it."

I walk through the city. Odd that merchant's live in place that looks more like a slums then rich districts. That's an red flag. I walk up to the guard. I try hiding my worries. "hello sir. I'm Eric the cleric.
I have been invited herer" I get ready to reach for a litter if he asks.

Bluff: [roll0]
Diplomatic: [roll1]

The guard sighs, "They're inside, you might want to hurry as they are getting pretty impatient."

Xilo gives a slight sigh of relief that the problem is well in hand, and makes his way to the meeting without further delay.
((Hmm, in hand hahaha, yes, totally in hand)). As you get to the Chamber of Lords the guard smiles "Ah, I assume you're one of those meeting the Lords? Please, head inside."

While Bruzen and Kynlee discuss the woman's family history Clarence takes the time to take a look around the church which according his friend has seen better days. Its is always sad to see a place that once brought comfort and light to people fall into disrepair, perhaps after this issue that the dwarf had wrote about is finished he will take the time to try and bring the place back to its former glory.

My mother calls this place home, I also have an uncle here. I can't say I've ever been very close to him but he has been placed in the asylum, I am here to negotiate his release. Kynlee neglects to mention how this was once her home.
"The asylum? Well, I actually want to talk to both of you about that." He pulls out some random things, and goes and shutters the window. "The Lords intend on sending a small party to investigate it and I'd like you to join them... If necessary I can make it worth your time..."

astra noticed the tall man and moves to watch the man in case he is prey he had to hunt down and get rid of him. he watched as it seemed he would not need to go out of town to find his next meal after all. He would look to the pal elf and wonder why they the mob were doing what they were doing as if the man that was leading this mob was a target then this becomes an interest that was for sure.
The man leading it is a representative of the Emperor, so messing with him may not be the best of ideas, although you see two of the people the lords were waiting for approach the building, where the guards usher them inside.

redfeline
2017-11-25, 02:58 PM
I will be heading there any ways to secure the release of my uncle. Joining your group would give me more authority to do so. As for payment, I will happily take what is offered and give it to those in need of it. Kynlee smiles warmly. Although may I ask why you need to investigate the asylum.

Illven
2017-11-25, 10:36 PM
Very well. Plus the pun amused her. Nina reaches forward and takes the necklace.

How does it look? She asks as she puts it on.

Greenflame133
2017-11-26, 01:07 AM
I walk in saying nothing back. This guard definitely thinks too highly about the merchants lords. Normally I wouldn't even bother with their meeting

Debatra
2017-11-26, 06:08 PM
Having been given an actual reason to wait as opposed to "these idiots got sidetracked", Debatra will resume admiring the art and architecture.

niw18
2017-11-27, 10:18 AM
he noticed the clothing he had done some business for the emperor and sighed a little but shrugged and looked as guards ushed in people towards the room he was in and decided return to it to see what is going on. Astra would walk towards the guard and people and head into the room once again as maybe a little more information might be needed.

Westhart
2017-11-27, 10:54 AM
I will be heading there any ways to secure the release of my uncle. Joining your group would give me more authority to do so. As for payment, I will happily take what is offered and give it to those in need of it. Kynlee smiles warmly. Although may I ask why you need to investigate the asylum.
"Pesky Rumors, I just want a simple checking up really." He turns to Clarence, "Would you be willing to join them? I ask now, because it seems that they might have some... Unsavory folk that you'll have to work with..."

Very well. Plus the pun amused her. Nina reaches forward and takes the necklace.

How does it look? She asks as she puts it on.
"Smashing, now, if you are ready we can go?" Zhon offers a hand... It seems he's a rather old fashioned gentleman after all ((Think of him as the honorable gentle man, possibly one of a kind in his family :smalltongue:)).

I walk in saying nothing back. This guard definitely thinks too highly about the merchants lords. Normally I wouldn't even bother with their meeting
As you enter one of the lords smiles, "See, there's one now."

Having been given an actual reason to wait as opposed to "these idiots got sidetracked", Debatra will resume admiring the art and architecture.
The young man you had been chuckles a tad, but stops when one of the nobles glares, his face reddening slightly as he glances out the window.

he noticed the clothing he had done some business for the emperor and sighed a little but shrugged and looked as guards ushed in people towards the room he was in and decided return to it to see what is going on. Astra would walk towards the guard and people and head into the room once again as maybe a little more information might be needed.
The Lord smiles at you, "Ah, please stay for a moment, I expect our last member ((Assuming Xilo entered)) will be here shortly.

Illven
2017-11-27, 11:05 AM
Nina goes forward ignoring the man's hand. I'm fine, thanks.

redfeline
2017-11-27, 11:18 AM
You whet my appetite for knowledge. What exactly are these rumors, if they bare weight and merit than yes I can work with any one and often have. It also depends on what you mean by unsavory, if you mean a mass murder who tortures and kills for fun, and the rumors are of say tax fraud, I think it would be best to side with the asylum as the lesser of two evils. She knits her hands together and looks at her host. In general however you know I have business there already, so I am inclined to say yes. So what are the rumors, how unsavory are these other people, and what kind of charitable donation are you willing to make for my involvement?

Ellowryn
2017-11-27, 01:20 PM
You know me old friend, i would never turn down your request to help others. Clarence shrugs, And lets be honest, this is not the first time you have sent me out with a group that people might find to be different. So, an asylum this time? Turning to Kynlee, I am honored to be working with you on this, although lets hope this is nothing more than a few misunderstandings.

Westhart
2017-11-27, 01:32 PM
You whet my appetite for knowledge. What exactly are these rumors, if they bare weight and merit than yes I can work with any one and often have. It also depends on what you mean by unsavory, if you mean a mass murder who tortures and kills for fun, and the rumors are of say tax fraud, I think it would be best to side with the asylum as the lesser of two evils. She knits her hands together and looks at her host. In general however you know I have business there already, so I am inclined to say yes. So what are the rumors, how unsavory are these other people, and what kind of charitable donation are you willing to make for my involvement?

You know me old friend, i would never turn down your request to help others. Clarence shrugs, And lets be honest, this is not the first time you have sent me out with a group that people might find to be different. So, an asylum this time? Turning to Kynlee, I am honored to be working with you on this, although lets hope this is nothing more than a few misunderstandings.

The dwarf smiles at Clarence, "Thank you for your assistance." His face darkens at the mention of the rumors. "Well, I got along fine with the man who ran the asylum previously, however... Now his assistant seems to have taken control. The common folk speak of drow slavers, although I doubt it, as they would have to break past Ironguard Forge ((a massive dwarven citadel/settlement; extending underground and controlling a decent portion of the Underdark.)) to get here, and the rumors happened after the assistant took charge..." The dwarf looks up, as the sound of the floor can be heard creaking overhead. "Can we discuss payment later? The group you'll want to join is leaving now." He holds out two small envelopes, give these to the young man you'll meet on the stair."

Nina goes forward ignoring the man's hand. I'm fine, thanks.
"Very well then." he gestures at the guards, and all but one leave. The battle scars and his short cropped black and white hair mark him as a veteran of many battles. He nods at her, his eyes scanning her, not a lustful gaze, but the gaze of someone noting how to kill another as efficiently as possible. It seems that the good tempered youth is provided with protection. He gestures to the stairs, "After you." His voice is cold and dead, bereft of any emotion.

Greenflame133
2017-11-27, 02:52 PM
I walk in with all my scales, banner and wepponds. I frown seeing them talk. "Yes, here I am. It's better be nothingless then you described to be"

Illven
2017-11-27, 10:31 PM
="Very well then." he gestures at the guards, and all but one leave. The battle scars and his short cropped black and white hair mark him as a veteran of many battles. He nods at her, his eyes scanning her, not a lustful gaze, but the gaze of someone noting how to kill another as efficiently as possible. It seems that the good tempered youth is provided with protection. He gestures to the stairs, "After you." His voice is cold and dead, bereft of any emotion.

Nina starts moving heading towards the meeting spot.

redfeline
2017-11-28, 11:31 AM
Kynlee takes the envelop and tucks it into a fold of her outfit. I've never been contracted for an unknown amount before but stopping slavery is reward enough for the time being. How ever I will be asking for a kind donation upon my return. At that she sets out to meet this "man at the stairs", waiting a moment at the door for her companion.

Ellowryn
2017-11-28, 02:23 PM
Of course, He also takes an envelope, well, its best not to keep our new friends waiting. And with that Clarence walks after his new companion.

Westhart
2017-11-28, 02:27 PM
It seems that the dwarf sent you just in time, as you get to the staircase you run into a young man. "Oh, my apologies, I must not have seen you." With him is a tall soldierly type, and Nina.

redfeline
2017-11-29, 05:16 PM
Kynlee raises an eyebrow ever so slightly, a vampire. Was this the unsavory mentioned? Well at least the vampire in question was one Kynlee had already met. Nina, I have not seen you for some time. I have been practicing that restraint and discretion we talked about. So far it has served me well enough.

Ellowryn
2017-12-01, 02:40 PM
No problem my good man, Clarence takes the letter he was handed, i believe we were supposed to hand this to you? After presenting the letter he greets the other next to the man on the stairs.

Westhart
2017-12-01, 02:51 PM
The man takes the letter, skims through it then looks up, "Alright, I trust him, so I'll take your word on it. I imagine she..." A gesture to Kynlee, "...is also with you and has a letter of recommendation as well?"

redfeline
2017-12-02, 02:39 AM
Kynlee hands over the letter with a soft smile. I like to believe so. Will you be taking us to the asylum?

Westhart
2017-12-02, 07:50 AM
The man sighs, "First we need to go talk with the lords who'll be funding you... Come along then." He heads off in the direction of the house of lords. The guards there don't make any move to stop you all, and you enter. "This is where I leave you." With that h bows out of the room, leaving all of yo there. The older man stands up, "Well, look around, this is who you'll be working with." He gives them a minute or two to meet each other.

((I have to say I was slightly surprised that no one tried to save the "witch"... not even the saints :smallbiggrin::smalltongue:))

2017-12-02, 10:44 AM
((Hmm, in hand hahaha, yes, totally in hand)). As you get to the Chamber of Lords the guard smiles "Ah, I assume you're one of those meeting the Lords? Please, head inside."

Xilo enters and takes a seat, listening patiently all the while.

Illven
2017-12-02, 11:54 AM
Greetings. The blonde arisocrat seeming woman curtsies. My name is Nina, and I have power over music.

redfeline
2017-12-02, 04:40 PM
You may call me Kynlee, I have a sharp blade. Kynlee smiles politely and secretly hopes her wings are not relieved, and that they don't dig to far into her past.

Ellowryn
2017-12-02, 08:46 PM
Hello ladies and gentlemen, my name is Clarence, he gives a bow, and i have the pleasure of working with you all to uncover what is going wrong with this city. As for my talents, while i am probably not a good with my morningstar as this young woman is with her knife, i do excel at the magical arts of protection and healing.

Debatra
2017-12-06, 04:06 PM
Upon seeing the others enter one by one, the middle-aged Fire Elf gives up on "dressing for the occasion". After all, it wouldn't do to make the people he would apparently be working with think he was one of these blathering fools. He pockets the gems and wills his Vestments back into plain but well-made clothes; a dark blue jerkin and black pants. "None of that 'trappings of a mage' nonsense", as he's occasionally known to say it.

"Debatra Fallin, Arcanist of the Mind."

niw18
2017-12-06, 09:07 PM
Astra would return to the room and stand against the wall he was not that comfortable in these type of situations it just was not for him. He would watch as other talk and speak and shook his head as he would prefer just getting a deal done and then start work that his contract details they want from them. He would look around smirk the group seemed different that was for sure.

Westhart
2017-12-07, 02:33 PM
The elderly noble smiles, "Good, now, we can get on with what's really going on. The local asylum, has fallen from it's once lofty position and while most don't openly speak of it one of our sons who was a tad loud about it has disappeared. I offer you 6,000 gold pieces, payment in jewels for his safe return, payment upon completion. Do note that secrecy is of the utmost importance, and as such don't be found out. Now, you can discuss between yourselves how you'll split this money, but that is between you. Please, feel free to discuss the job." He leans back in his chair, waiting.

Greenflame133
2017-12-07, 03:00 PM
I look around "that's it? A mercenary job. Well I should probably arrest the this kidnappers and extra found wouldn't hurt. Still the letter made it out to be something a lot more worrisome"

Ellowryn
2017-12-07, 03:29 PM
Clarence looks down at his armor, Subtly is unfortunately not one of my strong suits.... I believe it would be better for those of us that are capable of such feats should begin the investigation and should it prove necessary the rest of us will arrive soon after. Simply having a large group of well armed outsiders arrive at the asylums front gate will lead to problems.

Illven
2017-12-07, 04:00 PM
Nina raises her hands.

Subtly is my one of my many, many strong suits. She replies with a grin on her face.

How was he loud with the asylum. She asks the old noble. Did he want it torn down? Did he want it to be expanded? How precisely.

redfeline
2017-12-07, 06:13 PM
Kynlee frowns, this venture would not give her a stronger point to negotiate from after all. Still it was the right thing to do. 6,000 gold is miserly amount for a group our size. I feel payment for a mission dangerous enough to warrant people of our caliber to be at least 1000 each. Her objection spoken she focuses back onto important questions.

If we need a subtle group we may as well have our less subtle members go else where. Where was this person last seen, and how capable are they in a skirmish? Did they have guards? Who was it that was abducted and how well known are they in town? If we rescued them, could they make a donation to a charity of my choice? Kynlee considered what local charity would be worth helping.

Ellowryn
2017-12-13, 02:23 AM
While your questions about the details of the disappearance are warranted my dear, turning to Kynlee, the pay for this service is unimportant considering the grave implications of the crime. Clarence turns to the rest of the group, Are there any other questions concerning the disappearance that anybody here feels needs to be asked?

niw18
2017-12-13, 08:53 AM
while others talk Astra would just sigh and look to the others "if ready let's go then before the preying escapes" he would say before once again leaning against the wall once more eger to start hunting down the prey that gives them some gold and maybe give them another task to do.

Debatra
2017-12-13, 02:24 PM
"No, I'm afraid I'll have to agree with... What was your name again? Kynlee? At any rate, we should probably get the answers to what we already asked before piling on more questions."

Greenflame133
2017-12-13, 02:47 PM
"definitely, answers to them are rather variable and will increase our chances"

Westhart
2017-12-17, 05:06 PM
The noble smiles at Clarence, "You won't necessarily have to sneak in right away, you'll have the chance to go there as a visitor, seeing one of the current inmates. A renown cleric such as yourself should be a nice addition, and reassure them that you are there for honest reasons, as long as you don't mind lying." He shifts towards Nina, "He was opposed to the take over by an assistant as he called it. He felt that the old one should be restored, and that there should be a full investigative team sent in." He looks to Kynlee as she objects at the price, "Fine, 1000 gold a piece, which seems more then fair. The lad is little more then a pretty face honestly, but he can heal fairly well. We do not think he had any guards with him at the time, and he is fairly well known." He pauses at the word charity, "It depends on who you'd fund with this charity of yours." He sets back, watching the party discuss.

redfeline
2017-12-17, 06:31 PM
That is a much more reasonable price, you have hired my services. I thank you for the good that will flow from the coin. Kynlee pauses for a moment. I do have some one in the asylum I would like to see, but I am afraid he has been denied visitors supposedly at his request. We will need to find some one else to check on. Preferably some one who has been there a while and is not overly... insane. Any suggestions? She asks of the crowd at hand.

Illven
2017-12-17, 10:53 PM
Perhaps the so called assistant had family or something that called for an assassination team? Darth Nina mused out loud.

Westhart
2018-01-07, 11:20 AM
The noble nods to Kynlee, "I can produce an order for you to see someone within." He flips through some papers, and nods again. "You will visit Alexia Draken, who is in for..." he smiles at the paper, shaking his head, "Paranoid fantasies, Good luck."

Greenflame133
2018-01-07, 11:39 AM
"perhaps we should move up, a sooner we move out be better chance of catching up we have"

Illven
2018-01-07, 10:43 PM
Yes. Are we all ready to go? Darth Nina asks surveying the group.

Ellowryn
2018-01-07, 11:25 PM
Clarence ponders the proposition put forth. Lying is something i prefer to avoid whenever possible, but i can see where this is a situation where such things are warranted.

Turning to Nina but giving a scowl at Kynlee as he does so, I am ready to depart as soon as we have a battle plan so to speak as we will need a plan to avoid this turning into unnecessary battle.

Westhart
2018-02-06, 08:38 AM
The noble lifts an eyebrow as he looks at Clarence. "Well, don't do the talking if you don't want to lie." He gives a dry chuckle, "A battle plan? The idea was to avoid an all out brawl in the streets. Look on the bright side, it can't be too hard can it?" The noble's obviously not offering much more aide, although he watches them all with a small grin.

((Didn't realize you all were waiting on me, seemed you were talking in your group, my bad!))

Illven
2018-02-06, 10:56 AM
So one group goes to the aslyum, and another tries to track down the man. Can anyone actually track? Nina asks starting to move out.

Greenflame133
2018-02-06, 02:25 PM
sadly I cannot,
maybe I could prepare a spell but not today

Ellowryn
2018-02-07, 11:38 AM
Not I, as Clarence shakes his head, And if avoiding fighting was that easy i would probably be a baker instead of a wandering cleric.