PDA

View Full Version : Bardic Dip help

nickl_2000
2017-11-13, 10:55 AM
I've got a level 4 Half-Elf College of Glamour face Bard currently running at these stats
Str: 10
Dex: 17
Con: 15
Int: 19 (magic item)
Wis: 14
Cha: 20

AC: 16

He currently has
Studded Leather Armor +1, a Shortsword +1, and Headband of Intellect, and a Fochlucan Bandolore (unless my DM has me trade it away for being OP, which it is. Don't think it will happen, but hey).

His role is mostly face skills, handing out temp HP with Bardic Inspiration, and battlefield control (from a safe place in the back). The rest of the party consists of a Bladesinger Wizard, Tempest Cleric, and Rogue/Ranger

My pre-Xanathar's plan was to go with a two level College of Fey Warlock dip to increase my blasting power at level 6 and 7, plus it seemed to fit from a RP perspective since he is College of Glamour. Now I'm curious if there is a better options.

It seems like the Hexblade might be decent to up my AC with medium armor and a shield, plus I could give the Studded Leather to the Bladesinger or Ranger/Rogue. That would net me a more respectable 18 AC, and I can be blasty with EB options. Also, having the shield spell would be a huge boon when close in with combat.

The other option that would certainly fit into my character well would be Celestial pact. He already has had contact with Milil and due to mistakes in his past will lose his voice and musical skills if he doesn't accomplish a task for Milil. So, being desperate enough to make a pact with a Celestial would make a lot of sense, and it could even be Milil helping him out (or a celestial taking advantage of his desperation, I'll let the DM play that one out as he sees fit). This would free up a spell slot with Cure Wounds, give the light spell to help out the human rogue/ranger, and add some extra healing to a part that really likes to split up with a healer in each set of two. Also it would give the same EB blastiness that I'm looking for.

I'm certainly open to other thoughts as well, as long as it doesn't step on other players toes in what they do.