PDA

View Full Version : Wait is XGtE out yet?

Darokar
2017-11-13, 11:41 AM
Is XGTE out yet? I didn't think it was but I'm seeing a lot of posts about it.

Sariel Vailo
2017-11-13, 11:42 AM

It depends on the store my hobby shop got it on friday the 10th

Aett_Thorn
2017-11-13, 11:42 AM

Apparently it was released to hobby stores well before you can get it if you ordered off of Amazon or the like.

nickl_2000
2017-11-13, 11:43 AM

To buy in local game shops, yes. To buy online, no.

Double shadowmonked :)

Rfkannen
2017-11-13, 11:44 AM
You can buy the online content on d&d beyond.

Darokar
Well that sucks because the nearest game store is two hours away, so I ordered it on amazon. Guess I gotta wait till the 21st :/

Throne12
I got lucky and got the last copy at my local comic shop.

KorvinStarmast
2017-11-13, 11:48 AM
It depends on the store my hobby shop got it on friday the 10th
Our local flgs had zero copies.
Nice
They are mostly a Warhammer 40K place, it seems.

JackPhoenix
2017-11-13, 11:55 AM
It also exists as pirated .pdf. Kinda sad, considering the early release was for charity purposes. And that isn't yet out "officially"

Sariel Vailo
2017-11-13, 11:57 AM
Nice

Im zorry the hobby shop i go to runs al so he bought a lsrge stavk for distribution and i asked him to hold a alt art he had three alt arts and two basic books left

Knaight
2017-11-13, 03:17 PM
Nice

Meanwhile ours had a launch party where they stayed open late to release it at midnight. Which worked for me, given that I was there anyways for a totally different reason* and could use the extra time. This is also the only reason that I know it was released last Wednesday.

*GMing what is basically a one shot club.

RickAllison
2017-11-13, 03:25 PM
It also exists as pirated .pdf. Kinda sad, considering the early release was for charity purposes. And that isn't yet out "officially"

Actually, other than a few scans of the final forms of the subclasses to show how they differed from the Unearthed Arcana, it didn't look like much for piracy before the FLGS release on Friday. Actually, it seems like someone did already have the scans before the FLGS release but was holding off on its distribution until it was available to buy, considering the full scan came out Friday morning. The pirates honored the charity release, they just didn't care about the game stores!

Burnteyes
2017-11-13, 03:26 PM
Heheh, I was curious, as I am in no hurry personally and called around to all the shops in my town.

Sold out!

Zanthy1
2017-11-13, 05:40 PM
You can buy the online content on d&d beyond.

Thats what I did. I love DnD Beyond, though I can see room for improvement

LordEntrails
2017-11-13, 06:31 PM
Those retailers that are part of the Wizard's Play Network (WPN) ALWAYS get to release/sell it before general distribution. It is usually 10-14 days early, I can never remember the exact details. The WPN release is not a charity related event. It is simple good relationship building for Wizard's and those partners that depend so heavily upon Wizards.

WPN retailers are not just many of the local game and comic stores, I believe all of the licensed digital retailers are also part of it. I know Fantasy Grounds is part of it (they always release with the WPN schedule), and I think DDB and Roll20 (though they are so behind on releasing other books/adventures, who knows) are also.

Sno
2017-11-13, 06:41 PM

I was able to buy it digitaly for fantasy ground on 10. November. Did it on steam.