PDA

View Full Version : Homebrew Playtest Request Thread, Take 2

Llama513
2017-11-13, 04:42 PM
So the original thread that contained this subject sorta died off, but I think that it is something that should be continued as it is a really good tool for both experienced and up and coming creators to get their homebrew played and get feed back from those that may have more experience playing the game and balancing things.

The original is here http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?510792-Homebrew-Playtest-Request-thread.

With that said I would enjoy having any of the material in my signature tested, in particular the dread necromancer as I think I am getting close to finishing it up, but don't have any time coming up that I can see where I could play test the class

nickl_2000
2017-11-13, 07:56 PM
I would love to get input from anyone out there more experienced in writing campaigns and one shots than I am. I've only DMed a few times, and only do it as a stand in for our regular DMs when someone is out sick or the regular DM didn't have time to prepare. Is this to much for a single night, is it balanced enough, does it sound like it would be fun to play?

This is a single use one shot, the characters will be level 6 and aren't carrying over so I'm not worried about giving PCs to much in the way of magical items. It takes place around the time of Hoard of the Dragon Queen in the Forgotten Realms.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1W7gO91Iyf_JkS9axkIUKflhfYFDvYAYdgJSQlexFN0A/edit?usp=sharing

I still have some cleaning up of wording to make it exactly how I want it, but hopefully everything comes across clearly.

This take place either right before or during the times of Hoard of the Dragon Queen, and there may be some HODQ spoilers in here. I honestly don't know since I haven't played it. I got a lot of my history and location information from the FR wiki.

Thank you everyone for all the help!

Llama513
2017-11-15, 01:18 PM
I would love to get input from anyone out there more experienced in writing campaigns and one shots than I am. I've only DMed a few times, and only do it as a stand in for our regular DMs when someone is out sick or the regular DM didn't have time to prepare. Is this to much for a single night, is it balanced enough, does it sound like it would be fun to play?

This is a single use one shot, the characters will be level 6 and aren't carrying over so I'm not worried about giving PCs to much in the way of magical items. It takes place around the time of Hoard of the Dragon Queen in the Forgotten Realms.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1W7gO91Iyf_JkS9axkIUKflhfYFDvYAYdgJSQlexFN0A/edit?usp=sharing

I still have some cleaning up of wording to make it exactly how I want it, but hopefully everything comes across clearly.

This take place either right before or during the times of Hoard of the Dragon Queen, and there may be some HODQ spoilers in here. I honestly don't know since I haven't played it. I got a lot of my history and location information from the FR wiki.

Thank you everyone for all the help!

Adventures hadn't even occurred to me for playtesting, I'm excited that this thread can also be used for those and help develop even more new material

nickl_2000
2017-11-15, 01:56 PM
Adventures hadn't even occurred to me for playtesting, I'm excited that this thread can also be used for those and help develop even more new material

I'll take whatever help I can get, even if it's someone reading through and saying "it needs this" without playing :)

Llama513
2017-12-04, 06:42 PM
I would enjoy having the starwars force classes that are in looked at/tested so that I can use them to develop the other classes

Arkhios
2017-12-04, 09:34 PM

FWIW, I'd say: absolutely, go for it! :smallsmile:

nickl_2000
2017-12-04, 09:40 PM
FWIW, I'd say: absolutely, go for it! :smallsmile:

I'm working on my second one shot at the moment and nearly have it finished. It's a gladiator situation.

I also have brief ideas for about 15 more, but those are just rough ideas. Some of them I need more experience playing higher levels to see how they play.

Llama513
2018-01-30, 01:56 PM
There will be more material, such as more races and full rework of backgrounds to compensate for the world, but the saga edition conversion can be tested against dnd creatures and things, provided you up tge health of the creatures, and possibly give them better weapons to match the players.

The material is in my signature