PDA

View Full Version : lock multi question

Chugger
2017-11-13, 07:53 PM
I'm still confused on what happens when you multi a lock w/ another casting class. I get parts of it, like the lock's slots are on the side and not morphed into the other class's slots. I get that sometimes a lock slot must be used, like that new invo from X where you can "smite" on a melee hit - that specifically says you use a lock slot.

But let's say I get armor of Agathys from lock and multi sorc - can I use a sorc slot to cast Armor of Ag?

Can I use a lock slot to cast a spell I get as a sorc?

I think I recall reading and figuring out (studying the phb) that the answer to the above two is yes, but if you don't mind and know, pls let me know what you think.

Millstone85
2017-11-13, 07:59 PM
Pact Magic. If you have both the Spellcasting class feature and the Pact Magic class feature from the warlock class, you can use the spell slots you gain from the Pact Magic feature to cast spells you know or have prepared from classes with the Spellcasting class feature, and you can use the spell slots you gain from the Spellcasting class feature to cast warlock spells you know.The answer is indeed yes to both.

Chugger
2017-11-13, 08:10 PM
The answer is indeed yes to both.

Thanks much! Brain got so full (overloaded) running multi-possibilities that it short-circuited, I think! :smallbiggrin: