PDA

View Full Version : Help with an NPC warforged sorcerer

dethkruzer
2017-11-14, 05:59 AM
Hola folks. I'm gonna keep this short. I'm having a party this friday, where I proposed to run a one-shot game of D&D 3.5, and together with the players we decided that a full warfoged party would be cool. Now, I only have two players, and decided that an NPC was in order, so a sorcerer could offer a nice bit of healing and support. But i'm a bit swamped in terms of time, with school work, preparation for the party, and approximately half-a-dozen other things I'm trying to juggle. so I thought I could maybe outsource some wok to... some who actually know something about putting together a decently functional arcane caster.

So the details of character creation are:
28 point buy, level 10, max of 1 flaw and 1 trait.
Preferably a sorcerer that knows at least some of the "repair" spells.
Doesn't need to be a full build. Even just some pointers would be greatly apperciated.

Thanks in advance to any who help, or even just bother reading through to the end.

Westhart
2017-11-14, 11:03 AM
Well, obviously charisma will be important, and I always put at least a 12 con on my casters, although you could (you're the DM after all) re-texture Faerie Mysteries Initiate. (http://www.realmshelps.net/charbuild/feat/Faerie_Mysteries_Initiate) to use cha instead of int for HP/level. For support I like to go into the War Weaver class, and then a slightly re-textured spellguard of silvery moon.

Also, found this thread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?330736-Sorcerer-Party-Buffer) that may be helpful.

Hope it helps!

dethkruzer
2017-11-14, 12:41 PM
well, I appreciate the input. The bit on constitution is ultimately a futile one, what with the whole warfoged thing. should have mentioned that Dragon content is off the table, and I'd prefer to avoid homebrew at all costs.

And if nothing else, could I maybe ask sources for these things? I don't want to seem unthankful here, but I must stress the severity of the time crunch I'm currently on.

Westhart
2017-11-14, 01:07 PM
AFB but warforged have a con score don't they? The whole living construct thing?

dethkruzer
2017-11-14, 01:11 PM
turns out your right. But just goes to show how little I know. I've literally never played warforged.

Westhart
2017-11-14, 01:18 PM
turns out your right. But just goes to show how little I know. I've literally never played warforged.

AH, Thought so... Now for a sorceror... What's the level you are at?

You could go Rainbow Servant (Complete Divine) for an uber buffer...

Darrin
2017-11-14, 01:30 PM
City of Stormreach p. 119, bottom of the page.

New Feat: Wand Bonding [Warforged]

Benefit: When activating a wand, you can choose to sacrifice an arcane spell slot or infusion slot of the level of the spell to be cast from the wand (or a higher level) instead of using one of the charges in the wand.

Special: You can take Wand Bonding as a bonus feat at 1st level if you give up the summon familiar class feature.

Essentially, you can expand your spells known by picking up wands for spells you don't know. So pick up some wands of repair light damage and you can devote your spells known to more interesting choices.

dethkruzer
2017-11-14, 01:42 PM
AH, Thought so... Now for a sorceror... What's the level you are at?

You could go Rainbow Servant (Complete Divine) for an uber buffer...

10th, as mentioned in OP. Rainbow servant needs what and does what?

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm back to hauling boxes.