PDA

View Full Version : Suggestions

lunasson
2017-11-14, 07:37 AM
I'm thinking about a survivalist type game, only thing I can't figure out and/or find are prices for furs/pelts.

So far, I've got an alternate ruleset for HP, ways around not having magic (BTW No Magic world, at least for mortal races), expanded rules for crafting and masterwork equipment. I just haven't had any luck figuring out the fur/pelt issue. Any suggestions are welcomed.

Darrin
2017-11-14, 09:37 AM
I'm thinking about a survivalist type game, only thing I can't figure out and/or find are prices for furs/pelts.

A&EG has a table listing some common trade goods on page 40. "Furs and hides" of various rarity are listed. Unit Size is 20 lbs, so presumably that is a large number of smaller pelts bundled together. Price varies due to supply/demand:

Furs and hides, common: 1-5 GP.
Furs and hides, unusual: 6-10 GP.
Furs and hides, rare: 11-20 GP.
Furs and hides, exotic: 21-50 GP.
Furs and hides, monstrous: 51-200+ GP.

Venger
2017-11-15, 03:49 AM

So far, I've got an alternate ruleset for HP, ways around not having magic (BTW No Magic world, at least for mortal races), expanded rules for crafting and masterwork equipment. I just haven't had any luck figuring out the fur/pelt issue. Any suggestions are welcomed.

Is there a reason you think D&D is the best system for this?

lunasson
2017-11-15, 07:12 PM
Is there a reason you think D&D is the best system for this?

Only the fact that it's the system we're most familiar with.