PDA

View Full Version : How to add other sourcebooks to PCGen?

Porkulus
2017-11-14, 10:23 AM
Question same as title. I've been using PCGen (Version 6.06.01) to create characters and NPCs quickly for a 3.5 game I've been running, but I'd like to expand my options beyond core (The WOTC options are currently SRD for players, Unearthed Arcana, and Monster Manual 2). My rudimentary searches led me to Bahamut's posts on Github (I would link but this is my second post) which claimed that some other sourcebooks were complete and ready to use... how am I supposed to add them to PCGen? Should I just download a different version? Forgive me for my noobishness.

nylanfs
2017-11-14, 02:06 PM
I would do a search for "PCGen 5e Datasets" and pick Bahumet Dragon's link.

Also you need to read his whole front page. Look for Downloading content.

Morcleon
2017-11-14, 03:14 PM
Question same as title. I've been using PCGen (Version 6.06.01) to create characters and NPCs quickly for a 3.5 game I've been running, but I'd like to expand my options beyond core (The WOTC options are currently SRD for players, Unearthed Arcana, and Monster Manual 2). My rudimentary searches led me to Bahamut's posts on Github (I would link but this is my second post) which claimed that some other sourcebooks were complete and ready to use... how am I supposed to add them to PCGen? Should I just download a different version? Forgive me for my noobishness.

Here (https://github.com/BahamutDragon/pcgen/tree/master/data/35e/wizards_of_the_coast) are all the 3.5e data sets. The readme (https://github.com/BahamutDragon/pcgen/blob/master/README.md) gives info on how to download them.

I would do a search for "PCGen 5e Datasets" and pick Bahumet Dragon's link.

Also you need to read his whole front page. Look for Downloading content.

This is for 3.5e, not 5e.

Porkulus
2017-11-15, 03:37 PM
Here are all the 3.5e data sets. The readme gives info on how to download them.

Thank you for your reply. However, I'm trying to follow the readme's advice, but I can't figure out how to download the files I want. I joined Github, but I'm not seeing a download or clone option on any of the files.

Psyren
2017-11-15, 03:47 PM
I think your best bet would be a PCGen-focused message board.

From a quick Google though I can see that the version you've listed is not the latest and greatest (I know this because there is a search result about a new version that has just incorporated Starfinder material.)