PDA

View Full Version : Need a strong defense

Westhart
2017-11-14, 11:37 AM
So, I was building a buffer style type, and have a problem with enemy mages and shadow pouncing rogues :smallannoyed:. I was wondering, what are some of the ebst defense one can get without dedicating levels? Feats, Magic items, etc are all good. Thanks!

Hiro Quester
2017-11-14, 12:02 PM
Heavy fortification is nice to make you immune to critical hits and sneak attack damage.

One of the better ways to get it is to have all 4 Heart of X spells on you (also enables free action stone skin, freedom of movement, feather fall, fire shield, as well as other buffs).

Or Heavy Fortification (+5) armor enhancement.

Vs. enemy mages it's a little harder to protect yourself thoroughly. But it would help to get evasion (e.g. ring), mind blank, a few different types of energy immunity/resistance, and buffing your saving throws (Superior Resistance spell).

Westhart
2017-11-14, 12:05 PM
Heavy fortification is nice to make you immune to critical hits and sneak attack damage.

One of the better ways to get it is to have all 4 Heart of X spells on you (also enables free action stone skin, freedom of movement, feather fall, fire shield, as well as other buffs).

Or Heavy Fortification (+5) armor enhancement.

Vs. enemy mages it's a little harder to protect yourself thoroughly. But it would help to get evasion (e.g. ring), mind blank, a few different types of energy immunity/resistance, and buffing your saving throws (Superior Resistance spell).

Alright, I'll add those to the list, thanks :smallsmile:

Crake
2017-11-14, 03:11 PM
Shape Soulmeld: Impulse Boots gets you uncanny dodge, meaning you can't be caught flat footed, though doesn't help vs flanking unless you already have uncanny dodge from somewhere

Hiro Quester
2017-11-14, 06:07 PM
The primal line of spells (primal instinct, primal hunter, primal senses, primal speed) gets you uncanny dodge (with two of them) or improved uncanny dodge with all four.

Plus they give bonuses to initiative, survival, spot, listen, speed.

Bakkan
2017-11-14, 07:45 PM
If AC is relevant, I've got a calculator in my sig that can find the cheapest armor satisfying various requirements.