PDA

View Full Version : Githzerai immortal/monk?

that_one_kobold
2017-11-14, 12:11 PM
As of my current campaign, I've decided to play a githzerai from the unearthed arcana. the dm has his own lore for the gith, so you don't need to factor that in. what i'm wondering is what class I should take. i'm thinking either monk or immortal mystic (possible multiclass?), what do you guys think?

Ventruenox
2017-11-14, 03:01 PM
Multiclassing with Mystic is a good way to break the balanced archetypes as currently written. Even the psychic focuses have the potential to be on par with a fighting style, and you get 3 of them to switch between as a bonus action with just a level 1 dip. Check with your DM first. Single classed Mystic is probably an easier sell.

Githzerai can also make awesome Kensei Monks or Horizon Walker Rangers. The ability scores synergy is present, and both classes are thematic for the race.

Arkhios
2017-11-14, 03:05 PM
As of my current campaign, I've decided to play a githzerai from the unearthed arcana. the dm has his own lore for the gith, so you don't need to factor that in. what i'm wondering is what class I should take. i'm thinking either monk or immortal mystic (possible multiclass?), what do you guys think?

Assuming your DM allows multiclassing with UA classes (personally, I would advise against it, as UA is not balanced with multiclassing in mind). If so, I would assume, that since mystic is intelligence based class, the multiclassing requirement for mystic would be at least int 13.

An important thing to take into consideration when planning a multiclass is that, by RAW, you must meet the minimum ability score requirement for both/all classes involved.

You'd need (presumably) int 13 for mystic, and dex 13, wis 13 for monk.