PDA

View Full Version : Want more uses of bladesong.

Sariel Vailo
2017-11-14, 12:17 PM
I want more uses of the blade song ability its a very
Nice fun ability but only twice do i get it and for such small time.

lunaticfringe
2017-11-14, 12:24 PM
You get both uses back on any rest. 6 encounters, 2 short rests=6 uses a day

Vaz
2017-11-14, 12:41 PM
Catnap: 10 minute short rest 1/long rest.

Alternatively request from your DM a magic item giving you an additional number of uses of Bladesong equal to half your Prof Bonus at the end of a long rest).

Alternatively say to your DM that Short Rest Mechanics suck, and either to make Short Rests 5 minutes, or to triple the number of all short rest ability uses but make into Long Rest recovery.

lunaticfringe
2017-11-14, 12:45 PM
Catnap: 10 minute short rest 1/long rest.

Alternatively request from your DM a magic item giving you an additional number of uses of Bladesong equal to half your Prof Bonus at the end of a long rest).

Alternatively say to your DM that Short Rest Mechanics suck, and either to make Short Rests 5 minutes, or to triple the number of all short rest ability uses but make into Long Rest recovery.

Alternatively you can just remember you're a Wizard and melee is just a hobby when you are out of Bladesong uses.

Vaz
2017-11-14, 12:51 PM
Alternatively you can just remember you're a Wizard and melee is just a hobby when you are out of Bladesong uses.

Who uses Bladesong to melee with? You use Bladesong to concentrate better. Pithy optimizing injokes aside, you're playing a game for fun, ask your DM to have an item that makes the game more fun for you.

lunaticfringe
2017-11-14, 12:58 PM
Who uses Bladesong to melee with? You use Bladesong to concentrate better. Pithy optimizing injokes aside, you're playing a game for fun, ask your DM to have an item that makes the game more fun for you.

I assumed people who needed/wanted Moar Bladesong were melee junkies. My Singer's Rapier was a fashion accessory. I played with a BM & Lock so I was never the one requesting rests.

Vaz
2017-11-14, 01:13 PM
Well, yeah. JC et al struggle to fulfil concept, but the point remains.

Play Diablo and I can switch out my gear and skills at will to suit my desired play style of the day. With dnd which has a longer downtime and investment of time, why would you not want to support your players style of playing?

lunaticfringe
2017-11-14, 01:31 PM
Well, yeah. JC et al struggle to fulfil concept, but the point remains.

Play Diablo and I can switch out my gear and skills at will to suit my desired play style of the day. With dnd which has a longer downtime and investment of time, why would you not want to support your players style of playing?

I get that and try to be accommodating, but Resource Management is part of the game. I DM more than PC, I definitely need to build encounters to burn off resources to adequately challenge my players. Otherwise they can probably just Nova past everything.

Depends on the table I suppose, my players don't want softballs. Though I think many players would disagree.

DivisibleByZero
2017-11-14, 01:35 PM

Our table uses the following house rule:
First short rest: 10 minutes
Second short rest: 30 minutes
Third short rest: 1 hour
Fourth short rest: Not possible, max 3 in a day

lunaticfringe
2017-11-14, 01:48 PM
Our table uses the following house rule:
First short rest: 10 minutes
Second short rest: 30 minutes
Third short rest: 1 hour
Fourth short rest: Not possible, max 3 in a day

I do something similar, there is one 10 minute Short Rest a day for dire circumstances.