PDA

View Full Version : Rules Q&A Hexblade can now have several weapons?

RickAllison
2017-11-15, 01:17 AM
Hex Warrior:

The influence of your patron also allows you to mystically channel your will through a particular weapon.
Whenever you finish a long rest, you can touch one
weapon that you are proficient with and that lacks
the two-handed property. When you attack with that
weapon, you can use your Charisma modifier, instead of
Strength or Dexterity, for the attack and damage rolls.
This benefit lasts until you finish a long rest. If you later
gain the Pact of the Blade feature, this benefit extends
to every pact weapon you conjure with that feature, no
matter the weapon’s type.

So it looks like Hex Warrior applies to both whatever weapon you designate at the end of a long rest and your pact weapon. So you can dual-wield and still attack with Charisma! I don't know if this can be used for anything too useful, but I found it fun.

Foff
2017-11-15, 02:37 AM
yes you can do that, although I don't really know why you would, TWF is quite lackluster compared to sword and board or Two Handers, besides, as a warlock, you're usually quite swamped with your BA anyway, either casting hex, moving hex or applying your hexblade curse and so forth

speaking of not so useful but flavourful abilities, you can also attack with charisma using thrown and ranged weapons who lack the two handed property if for some reason you want to make a crossbow expert eldritch pistolero with a hand crossbow instead of just eldritch blasting all day

Lombra
2017-11-15, 02:46 AM
The wording isn't clear to me: it looks like it says that you can link with the BP weapon no matter the type, but you still have to do it after a long rest, therefore you can't have more than one weapon that works with charisma.

Quoxis
2017-11-15, 02:59 AM
The wording isn't clear to me: it looks like it says that you can link with the BP weapon no matter the type, but you still have to do it after a long rest, therefore you can't have more than one weapon that works with charisma.

I assumed the same at the first time reading it, but with that idea in mind... I think grammatically it checks out. Let's wait for errata and enjoy dualwielding hexblades until then.

Everstar
2017-11-15, 04:53 PM
I assumed the same at the first time reading it, but with that idea in mind... I think grammatically it checks out. Let's wait for errata and enjoy dualwielding hexblades until then.

Or make a weapon for each hand connected with a cord, chain, etc (like nunchaku) and side step the whole issue.

Though, I suppose its possible that might make more issues. :smallamused:

Lombra
2017-11-15, 04:58 PM
It's been confirmed that OP's reading is correct.