PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder: optimizing a Brawler

Nosta
2017-11-15, 09:46 AM
I am Starting a Homebrew Game at level (7) and I plan to play a unarmed combatant, thus the reason for playing a Brawler.

I was wondering if I should Dip Another class for a couple levels?

noob
2017-11-15, 10:01 AM
You can do a short 19 level dip in cleric after the first level in brawler.
I am so sorry but it is one of the best dips for brawler.
As always for each and every task a cleric is better at this task than everybody else(except for breaking the game with minimal effort in which case clerics are identical to wizards,arcanists,druids and the like)

Vyanie
2017-11-16, 03:50 AM
What do you want your brawler to do? damage? CC? what books can you use? what stats? roll? point buy? I personally have a really fun 6 brawler / 1moms that relies on hitting a target at least twice to get a massive damage jump with jabbing master and boar strike
stats 25 point buy
str 16 +2 racial
dex 16
con 15 +1 lvl 4
Int 10
Wis 12
Cha 7

Put your level 4 point into Con and the rest into Str when you get them, grab stuff like Deliquescent Gloves and have a perm greater magic fang cast on you, Think of him as a Dirty boxer that has no problems tearing into someones flesh as he pounds them into the dirt. Use your martial flexibility to grab dirty fighting when you need to or just keep it in your pocket for must have situations

Feats
1 Brawler dodge
1 Brawler weapon focus unarmed strike
2 Brawler jabbing style
3 Moms boar style
3 Moms Jabbing master
4 Brawler weapon specialization unarmed strike

After this its really up to how you want to play

Nosta
2017-11-16, 09:46 AM
What do you want your brawler to do? damage? CC? what books can you use? what stats? roll? point buy? I personally have a really fun 6 brawler / 1moms that relies on hitting a target at least twice to get a massive damage jump with jabbing master and boar strike
stats 25 point buy
str 16 +2 racial
dex 16
con 15 +1 lvl 4
Int 10
Wis 12
Cha 7

Put your level 4 point into Con and the rest into Str when you get them, grab stuff like Deliquescent Gloves and have a perm greater magic fang cast on you, Think of him as a Dirty boxer that has no problems tearing into someones flesh as he pounds them into the dirt. Use your martial flexibility to grab dirty fighting when you need to or just keep it in your pocket for must have situations

Feats
1 Brawler dodge
1 Brawler weapon focus unarmed strike
2 Brawler jabbing style
3 Moms boar style
3 Moms Jabbing master
4 Brawler weapon specialization unarmed strike

After this its really up to how you want to play

I want a mix of good damage and CC
I start at level 7 with a ,20 point buy
And I actually like the idea of adding in Mom's to the build
Book any but path of war is out