PDA

View Full Version : Character Life Insurance Policy

Ivor_The_Mad
2017-11-16, 09:33 AM
Adventuring is a dangerous job! Does your party worry about what will happen if one of them dies? Are you worried about your family after your untimely demise?

Well worry no more with the all new ADVENTURES LIFE INSURANCE!!!!
Got extra loot in a dungeon? Try investing in ADVENTURES LIFE INSURANCE!!!!

With the small payment of 20GP a month you can be insured for life!!!!

A death benefit will be given, to beneficiaries upon the insured's death :D

To register just take 20 gold hold it out and say "I want to be insured by ADVENTURES LIFE INSURANCE!!!!" and the document will appear. Its that easy.
After the death of a much loved companion you can look forward to an immediate sum of up to 100,000,000 Gold yes you heard right up to 100,000,000 gold!!!!
*a chest of the gold will appear within 10 ft of the benefactor*

*we are not responsible for mutilations via chest, or the chest of gold landing on the benefactor*

We are also not responsible for any backstabbing or other causes of death:)

Sigreid
2017-11-16, 10:24 AM
Deleted because I assumed it was about rezing the character and apparently can't read.

Ivor_The_Mad
2017-11-16, 11:21 AM
I'm also working on making a credit card (run by hags) and i'm probably going to incorporate these in to my next dungeon along with a charismatic business lord to try to sell this stuff to them.

Avigor
2017-11-16, 12:33 PM
How does this policy handle the possibility of resurrection, especially as that kind of cash makes it pretty easy to buy one? Or is this secretly a contract with a devil who steals your soul upon your death rendering resurrection impossible without someone defeating said devil first?

MadBear
2017-11-16, 12:44 PM
How is the adventure league making enough money to cover the deaths of adventurers. At 20gp per month (assuming a 12 month calendar), it'd take 400,000 years for a single adventurer to pay in the needed money to pay out a single person.

I mean, I know that the math doesn't need to make sense in a fantasy game..... but..... this is ........ ahhh my brain hurts.....

Sigreid
2017-11-16, 12:51 PM
How is the adventure league making enough money to cover the deaths of adventurers. At 20gp per month (assuming a 12 month calendar), it'd take 400,000 years for a single adventurer to pay in the needed money to pay out a single person.

I mean, I know that the math doesn't need to make sense in a fantasy game..... but..... this is ........ ahhh my brain hurts.....

Read the fine print. "Void in the event of death by dragon, goblin, under ground, fall from height..."

Ivor_The_Mad
2017-11-16, 01:16 PM
Read the fine print. "Void in the event of death by dragon, goblin, under ground, fall from height..."

Yes that is the fine print. As for the resurrection thing the people who run this program take the soul of the adventure when they die so resurrection is pretty much void.

MadBear, it says UP TO 100,000,000 gp not 100,000,000 gp just pointing out. So it would be more like 1,000 gp or 10,000.
at most on average.

Pex
2017-11-16, 01:19 PM
When I reached 5th level in my cleric game I asked everyone to purchase their own 300 gp diamond for life insurance. Everyone did. We're happy.

Ivor_The_Mad
2017-11-16, 01:32 PM
Rouge: So you sprung for the life insurance?
Druid: yah I want to know my family will be taken care of after i'm gone.
Rouge: thats nice.
Rouge: How much you got on you?
Druid: 2,000 gp
Rouge: not a bad sum of money.

*5 minutes later the rouge is sitting on the ground next to the now dead Druid counting gold.

The moral of the story... Don't trust a evil rouge with your life if your life is worth money.

the_brazenburn
2017-11-16, 02:40 PM

It works the same way as a normal life insurance policy. The more you pay, the higher the lump sum in the end. Paying the minimum 20 gp probably gives you a mere 1000 gold upon death. You'd have to pay something like, let's see... 2000 gp per month?

Ivor_The_Mad
2017-11-16, 03:28 PM
It works the same way as a normal life insurance policy. The more you pay, the higher the lump sum in the end. Paying the minimum 20 gp probably gives you a mere 1000 gold upon death. You'd have to pay something like, let's see... 2000 gp per month?

Exactly. Now who wants to give me all there gold?

Pex
2017-11-16, 08:23 PM
Rouge: So you sprung for the life insurance?
Druid: yah I want to know my family will be taken care of after i'm gone.
Rouge: thats nice.
Rouge: How much you got on you?
Druid: 2,000 gp
Rouge: not a bad sum of money.

*5 minutes later the rouge is sitting on the ground next to the now dead Druid counting gold.

The moral of the story... Don't trust a evil rouge with your life if your life is worth money.

The druid deserved it if he spent that much money on make up.

DarkKnightJin
2017-11-16, 11:59 PM
When I reached 5th level in my cleric game I asked everyone to purchase their own 300 gp diamond for life insurance. Everyone did. We're happy.

I'm stealing this idea for my Cleric.
"Okay guys. I've just been told that I have the power to pull you from Death's Doorway. I need both of you to keep 300gp's worth of Diamond (Dust) on you where I can get it if you go down."

Quoxis
2017-11-17, 09:09 AM
I'm stealing this idea for my Cleric.
"Okay guys. I've just been told that I have the power to pull you from Death's Doorway. I need both of you to keep 300gp's worth of Diamond (Dust) on you where I can get it if you go down."

Did that in my current campaign - borrowed money from the party funds, then gave every member a bag of diamond dust (without telling them what's inside) to carry around their necks at all times. The only downside: my cleric character died before he could use any of them.

Sigreid
2017-11-17, 09:36 AM
Did that in my current campaign - borrowed money from the party funds, then gave every member a bag of diamond dust (without telling them what's inside) to carry around their necks at all times. The only downside: my cleric character died before he could use any of them.

Our party tends to sift through the treasure for the right gems.